Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
First FPS Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bio Shock?
  Big Daddy
  Little Sister
  Big Sister
  Splicer
View Results

Undead Honey Cake

Mewling Kitten

13,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:56 pm
scrub

I never really liked Bioshock that much so haven't bothered to play the sequel yet. It got like 10/10 on loads of review sites and I just didn't think it was that great... nice setting... but any game where I can beat the final boss to death with just a wrench is a failure imo. You can kill big daddies with the wrench to >_>
yeah but that's only really in the easy mode i believe, and it's more because you a tank and less because the enemy is weak. Though i do agree that you really shouldn't be able to kill something in deep sea diving gear with a wrench, i just like the plot and the setting, oh and the over all creepiness of the little sisters and splicers.  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 8:21 pm
Syphon Filter.
>>;;
Not a big fan of FPS, mostly because of how close everything suddenly looks when playing them.
I need distance between the things I'm going to slaughter or else I somehow panic...
RPG's are so much easier (visually) for me to play...  

Ryu Redwings

Dilemical Epiphany

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:15 pm
I'm currently playing Bioshock2 and I find it to be a very tactical game. Never got to play the first one though but I really like the story in the second one. Haven't been finding the time to play it as much tough  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:53 am
Undead Honey Cake
scrub

I never really liked Bioshock that much so haven't bothered to play the sequel yet. It got like 10/10 on loads of review sites and I just didn't think it was that great... nice setting... but any game where I can beat the final boss to death with just a wrench is a failure imo. You can kill big daddies with the wrench to >_>
yeah but that's only really in the easy mode i believe, and it's more because you a tank and less because the enemy is weak. Though i do agree that you really shouldn't be able to kill something in deep sea diving gear with a wrench, i just like the plot and the setting, oh and the over all creepiness of the little sisters and splicers.
You can do it on any difficulty you just need to choose all the wrench power ups. Like there was one that made enemies freeze when you hit them.

It wasn't a bad game, otherwise I wouldn't have played it all the way through, I was just let down by how overhyped it was. It was quite atmospheric at points. I'll play the 2nd one eventually.  

scrub
Crew

Undead Honey Cake

Mewling Kitten

13,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:53 pm
scrub
Undead Honey Cake
scrub

You can do it on any difficulty you just need to choose all the wrench power ups. Like there was one that made enemies freeze when you hit them.

It wasn't a bad game, otherwise I wouldn't have played it all the way through, I was just let down by how overhyped it was. It was quite atmospheric at points. I'll play the 2nd one eventually.
yeah frozen wrench is fun...in the second one you get no wrench, you get a drill, i can see the logic in that killing just about anything. It was honestly the environment and the atmosphere that i enjoyed, i got killed a couple of times because i was reading the posters they have all over the place. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:49 pm
Bio-shock scares me. So i dont really play it :p

Buttt i do enjoy Call of Duty by Infinity Ward... but I used to play Halo and CS and all the other PC ones. Except Unreal.

Tada!  

[ s e m p e r ]

Distinct Explorer

10,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

lgtenos

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:39 pm
Does Point Blank count as a FPS?  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:53 pm
My first fps is probably the 8 bit Doom and Heretic. ^^
I used to play it when I was a little kid and I mean, little as in a toddler.

Then 2nd is probably Counter-Strike, obviously. XD

Right now, I'm playing COD:MW II and Borderlands.

If you like RPGs, then you should try Borderlands. It's from the makers of Bioshock too and I think your going to like it.

And if you want a female protagonist in an FPS, try Mirror's Edge.

Fate Seven

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:43 pm
Golden Eye, on the N64. Hell yeah.
I loved that game so much, it had the best multiplayer ever.

Some of the Halo's okay, same with COD. I love both Perfect Dark's too.
Also, Soldier of Fortune 1, & 2.

Deus Ex, & Deus Ex Invisible War are great too.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:54 pm
klynkz
lol, you know I'm not sure.
It is kinda isn't it xd

I would love to play Unreal, Quake or something with a light gun for giggles. I used to be pretty good at Time Crisis.

I think my first ever FPS was Marathon for the Apple Mac.  

scrub
Crew

lgtenos

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 2:56 pm
scrub
klynkz
lol, you know I'm not sure.
It is kinda isn't it xd

I would love to play Unreal, Quake or something with a light gun for giggles. I used to be pretty good at Time Crisis.

I think my first ever FPS was Marathon for the Apple Mac.
Well, what really defines an FPS? Because, the way I look at it, almost every game that is compatible with a gun-controller is considered an FPS. If that's the case, then Point Blank is the first FPS I've played. If not, then Time Crisis would be the first.  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:22 am
Yeah as long as it's from first person view, which point blank is.  

scrub
Crew

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:13 am
In that case, I'm counting Saints Row 2 as well, since you can shift to an almost FP POV.  
The Suites

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff