Problems following storyline

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

[.Potemkin.]

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:19 pm
Well, I have been running my comic Veltz for a while now (two years or so) and at the beginning things with the storytelling was somehow easy to follow because of the few frames I used per page, but since I decided to use more frames, things became confusing to some people.

Unlike japanese comics, mine isn't read from right to left, but from left to right, but I kept essentially the style of drawing and the shounen-like theme.

But anyway! the main problem here is that, some people complain they don't even know what on earth is happening at times, specially in the last few pages of the 3rd and 4th chapters.

Is it really that hard to follow? Should I change the frames layout? should I use less frames per page?

For reference click here

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:34 pm
You used the wrong link o.o because it's taking me to post a forum page D:  

inutori

3,250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

[.Potemkin.]

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:39 pm
Oops, sorry, it's now fixed xp

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:53 pm
No problem ^-^ anyway I started reading it using the link in your sig. So far I think it's great x3 once I hit the section that you're talking about I'll give you feedback~  

inutori

3,250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

inutori

3,250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:02 pm
Ok I hit that part and I'm completely lost. Starting on the second post on that page, who's the person faded away in the second panel? And who's the person below that? Who's Koshi? Where did she come from? When did they leave the desert place and where did they go? What's the whole next page about? And the next? You seemed to have rushed the introduction of some of the characters and never really gave them a proper introduction which messed me up.  
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 3:09 pm
inutori
Ok I hit that part and I'm completely lost. Starting on the second post on that page, who's the person faded away in the second panel? And who's the person below that? Who's Koshi? Where did she come from? When did they leave the desert place and where did they go? What's the whole next page about? And the next? You seemed to have rushed the introduction of some of the characters and never really gave them a proper introduction which messed me up.

I see what you mean and at the beginning I was trying to introduce each and every single character at a rushed pace (believe it or not, telling the motives of a character after appearing 2-3 pages ago does look rushed) so I just went with the storyline pace instead.

I'm not a pro and I'm not even close to that lol, but I think that the 4th chapter shouldn't be focused on explaining each and every character without first making people interested in finding out who they really are reading the whole comic....

Did you skip some pages? lol I'm sure I introduced some of the characters you just mentioned surprised

[.Potemkin.]

inutori

3,250 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:54 pm
you did o.o? Well, I'm gonna have to look back for that x3 anyway I don't know if you already do this but just read some manga and instead of just enjoying the book, pay close attention to how each character is introduced and how the story unfolds. I'm no where near drawing good enough for manga but I still do it. Also watch some anime and see how they do it too.  
Comic Creators/Manga-ka

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games