Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Lol my aunt watched My Sister's Keeper with me.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 7:17 pm
She said she didn't want to see the movie because she knew she'd be really sad and everything. She cried a little bit. My aunt's a nurse, and she has seen several kids plan their own funerals and stuff to give to their families after they've died.

She also bitched a lot about the makeup job during the movie. Apparently people that looked like that sick girl did would have been unconscious if she looked that bad and also bitched a lot about how it was impossible medically.

She is hard to watch a movie with. XD  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 5:57 am
lol xd
I watched Backdraft a while back with with my friend who's a fireman... he kept going "...AND THERE NOT WEARING THEIR BREATHING MASKS AGAIN?!"  

scrub
Crew

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:36 am
I love watching movies with people like that. XD  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:15 am
I'm slightly like that. XD
It's why I generally don't watch movies. I really only do it when everyone else does.
Thankfully, I don't get irritated with comedies (only slightly with romantic ones) which is the majority of my friends watch.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:08 pm
scrub
lol xd
I watched Backdraft a while back with with my friend who's a fireman... he kept going "...AND THERE NOT WEARING THEIR BREATHING MASKS AGAIN?!"
XD
That might be a problem.  
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 4:50 pm
Yeah, watching movies that are supposed to be based on reality with me isn't a good idea. But my friends are the same way, so we all just irritate each other... or the people around us. XD;
Between us, we've got history, physics, warfare/military, and some medical covered. XD  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 3:14 am
If a movie based of a book, and I've read the book, you don't want to watch the movie with me. I will nitpick at every little detail.  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:37 am
People like to do that if they know a lot about something.
You get the point.

I can be such a movie critic too, but I wouldn't have picked at that movie since I don't know much about medical stuff.  

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces