Submit

Cinnamon Toaast

5,050 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:48 pm
¢ιηηαмση тσαѕт_ѕayѕ ;

Right now Im 15, and I haven't had a boyfriend since middle school .. XD.
                                              It's not that boys don't like me..i had a few who asked me out..but i would always say no because im a chicken.

Im always so worried about what my first date would ever be like> Would it be awkward? What if we barely talk to each other? What would I do if a guy tries to kiss (or makes out) with me?
                                              And especially what am i suppose to wear for a date?
                                              Oh and most importantly how do relationships work in highschool and everything..the dumping process..second dates..proms..ugh.

I know I worry too much but if I dont get this fear over soon how would I ever get married?
                                              Im sorry this must be the dumbest question you have ever seen but seriously im freaking out here sweatdrop

(The only way I ever had a boyfriend in middle school because I wasnt worried about kissing the guy or going in a actual date thats why dating in middle school is sorta stupid)User Image

User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:57 pm
-pulls out the emergency cookies-

Step one: Don't freak out. I had pretty much the same panic attack when I was your age. And your questions aren't dumb. It's good that you're asking, if you're getting this worked up over it. Oh god. Did I really just play the "when I was your age" card? Please forget you ever saw that. Now I feel like an old lady. ^_^"

I think it's a rule that first dates are always awkward. At least, all of mine have been. That's no reason to not date. It does get better. The first couple of dates are pretty much sounding each other out, to see if you'll work as a couple. If you're barely talking to each other, ask him a question! The whole point of a date, especially in the beginning, is to get to know each other and spend time with each other.

If he tries to kiss you - do you want him to be kissing you? If so, go for it, honey! If not, be honest with him. In fact, that's probably the best advice I can give you. Honesty is always the best policy. Important: if you're planning on making out with him (or even just sitting close and talking) bring breath mints! Nothing grosser than bad breath when you're trying to play tonsil-hockey with a cute guy.

Speaking of honesty, if you're in high school, the honest truth is that about 85% of the guys you will ever date won't really notice what you're wearing. Don't let that stop you from looking nice, though. I've found that you pretty much can't go wrong with a cute pair of jeans and a somewhat dressy top. Substitute a skirt for the jeans if you want to be fancier.

I know high school is a mystifying and occasionally horrifying place, but relationships in high school are pretty much like relationships in the real world - no two are alike, and you work it out as you go along. There's no set pattern for when to ask people out, how to dump them, whether or not to take them to prom, or anything. Just don't panic, and do what feels right to you, and you'll be fine.

Dame Sesquipedalian

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

M e h P u s s N B o o t s

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:58 pm
Hahaha don't worry nothing's wrong with you. I'm kinda like that too, and I'm also 15. I guess the only way to really get over it is to just get out there and try it. Face your fears. And also, practice makes perfect wink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:48 pm
My first date was with a really good friend that I also happened to like. It wasn't all that weird because we were so close we could just talk about anything. If you're nervous you could try a practice date with a guy friend.  

Kaiyle Brightblade

9_Beautiful_Monster_6

6,900 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:05 pm
dwah heart sorry, ur post just made me smile and get the fuzzies <3
anyway, im 15 to and have had a all sides of the coin when it comes to boyfriends and done all that, (not trying to make u feel bad, i just have way older siblings and hang with an older crowd so im really used to the whole process and have seen it from both ends making it seem natural to me..)
anyway, lets see, where to start....:
what to wear for the date: its easy, just depends on where ur going, if ur seeing a movie some nice jeans and a t-shirt that u feel looks good on u is perfect, same for some fast food or going to a park. just make sure the cloths are cling and just wear what you feel confident in, guys dont focus alot on your outfit as long as its not really out there or something.

kissing: heh, only do it if u like the guy for one, and a peck is fine, let the guy m dont worry about "making out" yet, when the times comes for it, youll know just what to do, trust me. just take it slow and dont let the dude rush you, and yes, they will try and try to. but when its a guy u do wanna kiss, oh love, you will have no worries about how and all that. just relax and be yourself and fallow what your heart tells you.

as far as the "date" itself: relax babe!!! hahaha, just be yourself and talk about urself and ask them what they like, sure it might get aqward but then u can just laugh about that with them, if u go to the movies there not much chatting anyway, if its food then u talk about the kind of food you like and ask them there favorites, u know how u talk to your guy friends? do that, just add maybe a flirt or compliment here or there and laugh if they make a silly joke. wink

"how do relationships work in highschool and everything..the dumping process..second dates..proms..ugh.": love this. anyway, they work as about everything ealse in highschools works, chaoticly. XD its a mix of lust, drama, and a time to try new things, dont take it to heart or seriously is the best adivce i can give you. boys will come and boys will go, some will hurt you and some you will hurt, u just got to not be afriad to go out and find out how to find a nice one to try and injoy being with. second dates are alot like the first only less stressful and usual involve more talking about useless things about each other and common interests and such. as far as proms, dances and such, go, its just fun, u can go with a date if u want, or with the girls, if u go with a date dont dance with another dude in a sexual or slow-dancy way but him and just have fun and try to help them have a fun time to. biggrin

hope this help, i really hope i wasnt annoying.... ^.^"  
26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff