Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
And so ends another chapter.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Free
  Gold
View Results

lgtenos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:27 am
I graduated from my community college yesterday. I now have two Associate's degrees: A.S. in Fire Technology (emphasis on Fire Prevention, with High Honors and Departmental Honors) and A.A. in Liberal Arts (with High Honors).

The graduation ceremony was hilarious, mostly because there was really [REALLY] no sense of direction from those who planned it. During the ceremony, no one was really paying attention to the speakers. In fact, I was texting my best friend (who was somewhere in the audience) almost the entire time, even though I sat in the front row. It's all good; I found the ceremony humorous in many ways, lol. However, my favorite part was the reception afterward.

My family went to a restaurant, and I invited my best friend and his girlfriend along. Once we were done, my family left, but me, my friend, and his GF stayed outside and talked for a solid 2 hours. It was then when they told me their news: they plan on getting married and having a kid (or two). Then my friend asked me to be his best man and to be their kid(s)' godfather [when the times come]. I immediately said yes. I am ecstatic, because I've never been asked to be part of a wedding or baptism (and I've been to countless of both). It's even better because it's from my best friend, who I've only known for a little less than 2 years.

I will be moving onto my university to pursue a B.A. in Speech Communication (emphasis on Organizational Communication) and double minor in Public Relations and Military Science. Although I'll be living in the dorms, I still plan on visiting my family during holidays and my best friend [and his GF] during down times quite frequently (and since bus rides are free for students; haha, score~).

All-in-all, one of the best outings I've had in a long time.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:17 pm
Congratulations, man! Sounds like quite an eventful night.  

Mister Insignificant

lgtenos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:18 pm
Thank you~ Oh it was, and it's one that I will never forget.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:22 pm
Yay!
Marriage!
The only marriage I've ever really helped out with was my friend Terri's; I was a bride's maid.
Man, that dress was hot.
@_@
My buddy Angelica might be getting married soon; this time I'll be in charge of the reception!  

Ryu Redwings

lgtenos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:15 pm
Oh jeez, I can't imagine. Well, depending on what the bride wants her bride's maids to wear... I shouldn't talk though, since groomsmen almost always wear tuxedos, which are pretty comfortable once you get used to them. And good luck on the reception planning. Just be glad you aren't in charge of planning the wedding; you would've gone insane, lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:51 pm
That's so exciting! (about both things)

I hope I'm a bride's maid someday. ;w;  

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items