Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Give that back, CREEP

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ever got scammed?
  Yes...;-;
  No, i would've checked
View Results

baiisu

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:39 am
okay, look, i did something stupid. i accepted a trade for SUPPOSEDLY shark tooth for my LUsty Scoundrel.
I WAS SCAMMED. I need Lusty back. I ENDED UP WITH SHARP FISH TEETH. which is like 7k.

CAN ANYONE/EVERYONE MESSAGE HIM TO GIVE IT BACK? I ALREADY TRIED! It said i can't send PM to him. or, try adding him as a friend? i think he blocked me so i can't ask for it back.

I feel stupid. Want proof? here's the trade:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE MORE PROOF, AKA, MY INVENTORY ITEMS, PM ME. i do not want to post me item list, because someone may hack me. as you can see, i have 50k left, so i didn't get sharkteeth, then sell it.
So, has anyone else done something stupid like me?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:40 am
Wait, i'm gonna put up a few more pics of the item.  

baiisu

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:40 pm
Welp there isn't really anything you can do but accept your loss cause you accepted the trade which says you willingly accepted said trade.

Now for some questions...

1. Why was you trying to make a trade for Sharktooth for a Lusty Scoundrel? It doesn't add up cause the person would be taking like a 200k hit making that trade since Sharktooth is more expensive.

2. Well I would ask if you turned your sparkles off but that only affects your inventory so,.. Did you block the sparkles feature? Cause the Sharktooth sparkles while fish teeth dont. Gai made sad feature to try to help prevent such scam trade from happening.

Sorry about your loss just make sure you know this for future reasons to double and maybe even triple check things before fully accepting trades.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:58 pm
Sweety, there is nothing we can do here. He's not going to suddenly get guilt pangs if we mail him. He's a scammer. This is what he does.

You can report him, since you have prove, but you're not getting your item back. This is just going to have to be one of those really expensive lessons.  

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:03 pm
Well we learn from our mistakes, in future I'm sure you'll be a bit more careful.

You have to fill in a scam report with as much detail as possible, then wait patiently for the case to be investigated, which can take up to a week.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:17 pm
wo_nyrmo
1. Why was you trying to make a trade for Sharktooth for a Lusty Scoundrel? It doesn't add up cause the person would be taking like a 200k hit making that trade since Sharktooth is more expensive.

2. Well I would ask if you turned your sparkles off but that only affects your inventory so,.. Did you block the sparkles feature? Cause the Sharktooth sparkles while fish teeth dont. Gai made sad feature to try to help prevent such scam trade from happening.

1. I was trading MY lusty for THEIR sharktooth. so i could make a profit :] I think that's what you meant? Well, i found that suspicious, but thought he was trying to be generous and help me with my quest. I am too naive.

2. OHHH---Can i swear? I FORGOT ABOUT THAT. i did turn off sparkled in my inventory, cause it makes my computer slow, but i'm not sure if that affects that...

yaoinut
You can report him, since you have prove, but you're not getting your item back. This is just going to have to be one of those really expensive lessons.

i sent a scam report, and this guy told me i'm going to get my item back. cause he lost his panda slippers, and then got it back.

scrub
You have to fill in a scam report with as much detail as possible, then wait patiently for the case to be investigated, which can take up to a week.

Awesome! Done that! Now I will wait happily.  

baiisu

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:21 pm
Well then, I hope you do, but just be catious, okay?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:04 pm
I don't mean to sound like 4chan but the phrase "Not your personal army" springs to mind.
You need to be really careful with trades etc. I haven't bought new items in donkey's years, I only come on Gaia for this guild so I don't usually have to worry about trade scams, etc.

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

AquilaLiberum

Omikuji

Invisible Mage

13,450 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:23 pm
You gotta be more careful when it comes to stuff like that. Lots of items look a lot alike and many have similar names. You need to double check if something seems too good to be true. They have features to stop stuff like this but if you turn it off it's a bit useless...

This kinda reminds me of the stuff where the person missprices and asks the person for it back. You need to check or else... well that happens. XD

And er, sending a hoard to the guy because of your mistake is a bit silly. <_<

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:15 pm
@Everyone: okay, i get it. I'll have to get a personal army. I was stupid and should've checked. I guess i clicked the 'accept trade' button too fast, because i assumed gaia was filled with good people. i never actually thought i could get scammed. I learned my lesson like a good girl.

@Aquila: what's 4chan?  

baiisu

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:49 pm
If it makes you feel better, I accidently sold a 1 Million gold item for 100,000 gold recently.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:22 pm
Kosai Avonej
If it makes you feel better, I accidently sold a 1 Million gold item for 100,000 gold recently.

oh shii---! that happened to my friend too! he sold mythrill halo for 100k...

i actually realized that my problem isn't so big. I mean, one of my friends got hacked twice...;-;  

baiisu

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff