Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Nuking the Oil Spill to stop the leak?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~*~
View Results

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:20 pm
Of course it sounds like a pyromaniacs dream come true but guess what, it actually could work.

http://www.ngoilgas.com/news/a-nuke-to-stop-the-gulf-oil-spill/

I read and watched the little video thing, I have to say thats just hiliarious but kinda neat how a controled nuclear explosion can actually stop this sorta stuff... The question is how the hell do we do it underwater?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:42 pm
I think what I question most when it comes to this issue is, do they just make theorys of what could possibly work and then just act? Cause that is what it seems like.

I mean logically you'd think to first do a small scale to see how it would work and then go to the big scale of things.

So yea just really questioning if they are even being smart about things and doing small scale test first to check such theorys cause it sure seems like they aren't doing so.  

wo_nyrmo

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:45 pm
They are loosing money and further damaging their reputation every day the leak continues so they have every incentive to stop it as soon as possible.

They can't factor in every variable when doing tests, so can't be 100% sure any method will work. The nuke idea does sound pretty good though, if they blow it up deep under the earth surface there will be a ******** of weight to block the leak.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:29 pm
I say they just let things take their course.
Eventually, the earth will run out of oil.

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items