Welcome to Gaia! ::

Free Item Archive

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to tracking active and inactive sponsorships, events, and misc. Free Items and Free gold 

Tags: free item, freebie, sponsorship item, sponsorship, free item archive 

Reply Main
[IMPORTANT!] Do not share 5,000 gold grant! [Do Not Delete!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

She and Him

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:28 pm

A moderator contacted us telling us to remove the link, and to give them any links where we knew that the link was being shared.

And, actually, this is a link that was intended for people who haven't been coming to Gaia. Using the link outside of the email you received would be considered exploiting. Just the way the free 40 GC was exploiting, it was only intended for that one purpose (for the record, you can't get much with 40 GC).

Using it would be going against a moderators instructions, who is your superior, which is who you're supposed to obey in situations like these.

Do as they say or suffer the consequences.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:16 pm
She and Him

A moderator contacted us telling us to remove the link, and to give them any links where we knew that the link was being shared.

And, actually, this is a link that was intended for people who haven't been coming to Gaia. Using the link outside of the email you received would be considered exploiting. Just the way the free 40 GC was exploiting, it was only intended for that one purpose (for the record, you can't get much with 40 GC).

Using it would be going against a moderators instructions, who is your superior, which is who you're supposed to obey in situations like these.

Do as they say or suffer the consequences.

Uh, is this in response to me? If so I am confused by the tone. I said that I found the link, clicked on it, told a couple people, then read more in the thread, saw that the link was not to be used, and messaged my friends to tell them not to click on it.

If I should have, in addition to this, told a moderator where the link was in that thread, then that's good to know, but I'm new here and I didn't know that's what I should do.

I have no interest or intention in disobeying moderators, so I especially don't understand the last line of this message. (i.e. why the threatening tone?)

But if I totally misunderstood and you weren't even talking to me, then never mind.  

Thiyavat

Broken Hearts Mend

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:30 pm
i will state that there is still links/posts with the quoted link (not clickable) in the old thread link plus the new one, that i saw before joining the guild today.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:29 pm
I will admit that I did use the 5000 thing, but was B4 I read this... It came from somewhere thru chatterbox... Will check 2 see if it is still there...  

Morrigan Skylar

Greedy Smoker

26,475 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Skilled Decorator 100
  • Professional Decorator 250

Leitis
Captain

Star Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:00 am
Broken Hearts Mend
i will state that there is still links/posts with the quoted link (not clickable) in the old thread link plus the new one, that i saw before joining the guild today.
I was waiting for a reply from a Mod before I responded to your post.

He told me that he was only responsible for removing the link from the first page. Everything else is up to us. I have contacted the people who have the link quoted but no one has replied back yet or removed the link...The Mod did mention thread owners have the ability to delete posts in their threads in the Guide forum. She and Him runs the guild mule who operates the thread so she will have to be the one to clear out those posts.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:16 pm

I'll delete them now.

She and Him

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
Main

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash