Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Finally! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wow... It's been long enough that I almost forgot a poll.
  Oh noes!
View Results

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:42 pm
Ifailedmywillsave
PainfullyVivid

I changed my major from Studio Art to English-Writing with a minor in Art. So, I'll probably just be taking as many drawing classes as I can (which is only 5) or some drawing and a photo class. Not sure. I just can't deal with the department on a permanent, constant basis. I'd tear out all my hair. @____@ And theirs. They lose things. They let the tech guys who are the only ones that have the passwords to use certain items in the Art lab off during finals week when people need to use the color laser printer to print their finals. Neither of my classes were really instructional. It was mostly just, "See this still life? Draw it. Then read this chapter tonight." or learning to do projects but not the actual topic of the class, 2D Design.

Yeah. This slump is just really long and comes and goes a lot. It might just be that we need to do some inviting to get a few new regs up in here. I just hate mass inviting.

OH.
I HAVE AN EXCITING THING.
I CHOPPED OFF MOST OF MY HAIR.
I have a pixie cut now.
As an English (literature) major, I must say, I approve of your new areas of study. XD <3 Sounds like your art department really rather blows, though, which is highly unfortunate. :/ Any possibility of going to a different school with a better department, or are you set on this school?

You cut off your hair? surprised Are there pictures somewhere?

xD Yeah. Luckily, I like to write non fictional things and edit anything. However, I've never been too confident in my fiction writing abilities by itself, so taking fiction writing in the fall is a little scary. XD
Not really. The place I'm going to now is a nice school, and I do like it there. It probably also happens to be the cheapest option I have because of the full tuition scholarship they gave me. I can also use my Bright Futures money there (which is a state scholarship that pays me $94 per credit hour that I take), and I got financial aid from there for the fall this time around. So, I'll actually have an extra like 1.5k in the fall and again in the spring that I can use for food and books. Plus, it's probably better since I'm honestly not sure if I could compete in the art world. @___@ It's cutthroat. I'm not confident in my artistic ability yet. I just started really getting into it at most a year ago. Most everyone there has been doing it their whole life. xD

I posted a picture when I first got it cut mid-May, but I'll just take another picture for youuuu.
BAM
I was planning on putting some hair stuff in it and making it messy, but I've kind of been lazy about that. 8D  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:42 am
I don't know you, but I just wanted to congratulate you on your marriage, kitten, and graduating from college, but then I'm also sad to hear that you lost your job.

I'm alright, I guess. Today my muscles feel really weak and sore, but I don't know why. I know that I have low muscle tone, but whether or not that's the cause of my muscles being weak today, I don't know.

I recently went to Glasgow and Edinburgh to stay over at a hotel. I really enjoyed myself. The dessert at the hotel restaurant was absolutely lush, and also the shopping in Glasgow and Edinburgh was nice.

I've also been to a market, and I got a brand new coat, but it's a summer coat. It's a white and black coat. My aunt bought the same one for my cousin, so we're both matching. He he! ^^

That's pretty much all that's been exciting for me.

K i m z y

Cold Snowflake

The Suites

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas