Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking
Any easy nutritional food THAT TASTES GOOD.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I_toldyabish

5,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:50 pm
I want to lose a few pounds and I don't want to have anything high in fat.Also I'm a picky vegetable eater.So girlies,give me what you've got!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:54 pm

I have the same thing! I want to stay in shape (i'm not out if it, but I don't want to lose my nice curves), but I don't like a lot of raw vegetables.

Sioga

Eloquent Genius

DaT Nigguh ReDD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 3:58 pm
smashed califlower is pretty good if made well it looks like mashed potatos and is very good if salt and pepper is added  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:33 pm
I'm not really a big fan of Cauliflower.
But thank you!

I_toldyabish

5,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

The Angel Monster

4,275 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:58 am
A healthy substitute for pizza; Well, at least the crust part.

Taco Shell Pizza

-One soft taco shell of any size.
-Pizza sauce
-Cheese
-Any additional toppings, if desired.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. When preheated, place one taco shell into the over for two minutes; Remove. Add sauce, cheese, and any other additional toppings of your choice. Place back into oven and leave in for five minutes. Remove, cut, and enjoy

I hope you enjoy it. It's such an easy recipe, and I'm sure the taco shell cuts down the calories that regular pizza crust has.

-Angel Monster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:07 pm
Um, fruit. <3
Naturally sweet and really good for you!
&&
Granola in yogurt. Mmm.(not that yoplait crap, mind you)
Whole wheat bread.
Nuts.(almonds are my fave)
White meat.
Organic cocoa.(chocolate without the sugar..it's yummy!)
Stir-fry.(well-marinated veggies in flavorful sauce makes them delicious! and i'm not a veggie fan myself)
All that tastes amazing to me. =]

Most importantly;
eat what makes you feel happy and energetic
not sluggish and yucky.
Avoid processed stuff, even if it claims to be "healthy."
"low fat" or "zero calories" does NOT = nutritious

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

I_toldyabish

5,150 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:26 pm
Thank you Angel Monster and flauterfli,I will try all of that.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:35 pm
It would help if you post what things you DO like, and anything that you decidedly DON'T like.

I'm not huge on vegetables either, but I have a few that I do like and add in when I can. I love cucumbers, and they're very healthy. I hate tomatoes, but there are ways that I can disguise them within a dish.

Stir fry is a good choice, just don't use too much oil as you're cooking it. One that I like to do fairly often is some stir-fry veggies that you like (I usually use bell peppers, sugar snap peas, green beans, carrots, mushrooms... but substitute whatever you want) and instead of frying them in oil. I use pineapple juice and then fry the pineapple chunks in with it. Add a little bit of cinnamon and brown sugar. Sometimes I put in chunks of chicken breast if I'm cooking for my boyfriend and I since he's a big meat eater. Very tasty, very healthy, as long as you only use a little bit of brown sugar.  

AriaStarSong

girl u done goofed

6,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:45 pm
I have a suggestion for you, even though I'm in the exact situation as you ^^

Try getting a sweet, flavored type of bread that is a rich, dark brown, chocolate color. {I forgot what it was called, sorry} Grab some good cream cheese and spread out as much or as little as you like on one piece of bread. {Or more} Then grab a Cucumber and slice it up into little slices and put it on top of the cream cheese and bread. Then all you have to do is... Take a bite!

Well that's my only good and useful suggestion for you. Sorry if it's not much but it's pretty heathly, and I actually like it! xD
I hope it works out well for you! And I should keep watching my weight once in a while... Lol.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:10 pm
Obviously cut out all soda, including diet ones since artificial sugar is bad for you and it doesn't help cut cravings for sweets. ;p

Like some people above me said; STIR FRYS! <3
I really like adding strips of lean beef to mine, cook the beef in the pan until it's rare then add veggies and if the juices from the meat aren't enough to keep stuff from sticking then add just a touch of oil.
Don't overdo it on the sauce. ;D

Raw veggies are great to munch on but if you aren't a huge veggie fan just try to find a couple that you like. n__n

Granola is a good munchie food; same with PLAIN yogurt with fresh or frozen fruit mixed in.

Nuts and dried cranberries. heart

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

.Vindicated.Of.Sanity.

8,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:59 am
I agree wholeheartedly on the stir-fry front. Super-easy to make, delicious, and not very bad for you at all~

I usually do boneless-skinless chicken breast, or lean beef, cook it up in a pan, then start throwing in my veggies in the wok (I use a non-stick wok, therefore I don't need to add any oil, and it's better for you) starting with the thick, stubborn veggies that take forever to cook, like carrots, potatoes, etc. Then start going down-- the harder the veggie, the earlier it goes in the pan. I throw in broccoli or the much-hated cauliflower, snap peas, peppers, celery, some other stuff that is slipping my mind right now (usually whatever's in the fridge), sometimes stuff like canned water chestnuts or baby corn. And at the verrrryyyy end, I add beansprouts. I love them.
I make my own teriyaki; it's sooo simple. Just stir up some soy sauce, some sugar (you can use a lot, or you can do the healthy thing and use it sparingly~) and some ginger. I find powdered works better in terms of mixing, but fresh ginger tastes a lot better. There will just be ginger chunks in your sauce if you grate it or chop it. XP
I throw that in toward the end, when the veggies are mostly cooked. Then I stir up a little tiny bit of cornstarch and water, then dump it into the sauce, which will make it thicken. (totally optional; dubious nutritional impact. XP)
I also sometimes add noodles of any variety, or rice, and stir it all together. You can do brown rice for a healthier choice, or do white rice as long as it's not too much.
And it makes sooo much food, so quickly. XP

Another thing my mom learned at one point, that makes cauliflower actually bearable-- steam it, then mash it up like you would potatoes, and add some parmesan cheese to it and stir until it melts. (There may have been butter in there, too, I don't remember.) It's actually a decent replacement for a starch like potato or rice in a meal. Really good~

Also, I can't vouch for it, but I hear carob is a good replacement for chocolate that's healthy. But like I said, I can't say if it's any good or not.

I find raw veggies are a bearable snack if there's dipping sauce... maybe try some of the more tolerable ones with some light ranch?

Also, exploit fruit. XD Fruit is awesome. I effing love fruit. It's like candy, but it's guilt-free~ I used to not really care for fruit, but then I started taking fruit with me all the time, now I'm like, YES. I LOVE FRUIT.
And when your favourites come in season, it's like, THIS IS AWESOME. Things like nectarines and peaches, they're soooo good, especially because they're always a nice summer treat. And cherries!! Oh my god, I love fresh cherries. n.n

Drink tons of water. Your body works better when it's got enough water, and often when we think we're hungry, we're actually thirsty.

Try some salads? They can be really filling and delicious. Maybe try a nice spinach salad with a mandarin dressing, topped with hard-boiled egg, bacon bits, dried cranberries, mandarin oranges, and red onion! Or a garden salad with whatever dressing you want, with maybe some nice candied almonds or walnuts, some cut-up chicken or ham, some egg, some sunflower sprouts, some shredded carrot, whatever you like :3

Oooh! Speaking of lettuce, also try these: I know iceberg lettuce isn't nutritional at all, but it's still lettuce 8D
Anyway, take a head of iceberg lettuce, cut in half, wash the leaves while trying to keep them intact in their half-sphere form. Take some lean- or extra-lean ground beef, some cut-up celery, some pepper, other veggies that you can cut up small and cook easily enough. Brown the beef, toss in the veggies until they're decently soft. If you can, try to find some fried noodles-- they look like styrofoam. I've yet to find them, but maybe I'm just not looking in the right place. XD The restaurants we get this dish from have them, so they're obviously around!!
Then get some hoisin sauce. Spoon a little bit of the sauce into your lettuce leaf, smear it around, and top with the beefy-veggie mix (and the noodles if you managed to find them. Other noodles work okay... but they're not the same!). Roll up your leaf. Eat. Delicious! :3

My mom has a great, amazing, awesomesauce recipe for ginger beef she got in a recipe book when she was on some diet program, but I haven't a clue where it is D: If I find it, I will definitely share! But the basic idea was, strips of lean beef, dip them in egg, and then coat them in a mixture of like... oatmeal and corn meal, or something? To make a coating. Then cook them in a pan, and I forget what the ginger sauce was D: Sorry~

Smoothies can be a great healthy treat; use some fat-free yogurt, some fresh or frozen fruit, ice if necessary, throw in a blender, yeah. Win in a cup.

Trail mix can be a nice snack on the go. Dried fruit, nuts, even some M&Ms as a treat! Mix your own if you like, it might be cheaper, and you'll have everything you like in it (like dried pineapple and papaya, and maybe some banana, or macadamia nuts or pecans or whatever you like! :3)

I put tons of veggies in my sandwiches, lots of lettuce, onion, tomato, cucumber, etc. Makes for a very filling sandwich, and sneaks some veggies in~ XP

Also; breakfast. Breakfast kick-starts your metabolism in the morning, (break the fast) and ensures that you will be using the energy you ingest. If you wait, your body may go into starvation mode, and anything you put into it will be turned into fat rather than being burned. Carbs early in the day are better than carbs at night; at night, we don't have the time to use them; they go into fat. So have toast for breakfast, but maybe avoid the extra potatoes at supper.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:34 pm
Wow, some good suggestions in here. So.

Peanut butter is my drug. xD It's not bad for you if you use it in small amounts. Great peanut butter snacks are: peanut butter on wheat toast, peanut butter on celery sticks (makes the vegetable almost tolerable ;P ), and peanut butter with apple slices. It's a lot healthier than caramel with your apple. :3

One of my other favorite sort of meals (part of a healthy meal? xD ) is wraps. You can find whole wheat tortillas at WalMart, and put whatever you like that's healthy in them. I like mine really plain, but I just usually use a bit of mozarella cheese, lettuce, and some sort of meat (obviously, cooked stuff like little chicken or roast beef bits is preferable to lunch meat). Like you, I hate vegetables, but if you like cucumbers or something you could probably stick that in there too.

Also, fruit is epic. Smoothies on your own can be fun to make--my favorite is ice cubes + mango + banana + random type of fruit juice (although milk will also work if you don't have any juice... you just need some liquid for it to mash better xD). I like to think those are healthier because you lose the calories from yogurt, and they're epically yummy. Also, even if you have no clue what you're doing, it'll probably come out okay. ;D Don't be afraid to experiment.

Granola is also amazing, as others have stated. What a lot of people haven't mentioned is that it is in fact a cereal. I don't really like my yogurt with chunks in it, but I LOVE plain granola in milk. You can also munch on it dry, depending on your tastes.

Hersheydudette

16. ✿ - - - Food, Cooking & Baking

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff