Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Do you vend?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

ecopper12

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:31 pm
For those of you who don't know what vending is, it's basically been taking on multiple definitions. The one I am speaking of abiut though, is a great way to make gold.

You camp the marketplace just added page. You refresh or click the go button every couple seconds, and look at the prices of the items just added. if you see one that is a good deal you buy it. Then, you sell it closer to the LBP for profit,

Here is an example of a good deal I got.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/userstore/16513913/buy/?id=551190921&step=submit

Those things go for over 1 mil. I got at least a 50k profit.

There is another perk to this. The misprice.

If a user is trying to sell something for say....1,000,000 gold and they forget a zero, you have an expensive item listed for 100k. Let's say you get it. You sell it and that uis a 900k profit right there. There is alwaysw the 2% tax, but it doesn't matter if the deal it good.

Now, the user might flame you for buying the mispriced item and threaten to report you, but it isn;'t a reportable offense. It is a stated in the marketplace rules.

I myself have gotten 140k profit from just two items.

My question to you is, do you, or will you vend?

If not, I made a helpful video that I made originally for another member of the suites, but it can help all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7k3UVlc5UM  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:32 pm
I don't have the time or the need for gold to vend xP  

coldheartedangel

Omnipresent Elder

lgtenos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:33 pm
Nah, I have a net worth of about 150k, so it's not really worth it for me. Besides, I'm contempt with my items. If I really want gold, I usually play zOMG.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:45 pm
I might if I needed some quick gold and could get a nice amount from a 2mil item or so.
Otherwise, probably not. Sitting there refreshing and refreshing and trying to memorize the average price for items are seems too boring for me. o: I'd probably rather play a game on here or bump in between doing something.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:07 pm
I don't vend, but I wouldn't mind exchanging again. I think exchanging is the only way for me to ever get my Mini Wings.
I also don't buy items that haven't been priced right since I think that's kind of rude.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:09 pm
This isn't vending, but the skinny jeans I bought for like, 5 gold, I just sold for 110k.

Hawt, rait?  

H o r n C a l l s

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:58 pm
I used to vend a little.
I haven't recently though.
T3h Vending Guild is a helpful tool for anyone who wants to learn it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:16 pm
Light up the Night
I used to vend a little.
I haven't recently though.
T3h Vending Guild is a helpful tool for anyone who wants to learn it.

Already an active member there. Awesome guild, IMO.  

ecopper12

ecopper12

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:02 pm
Just thought I'd share something.

I made 400k+ today from vending alone. Three low priced famestar hero bundles, and an mispriced diamond record.

Four items made me 400k. You really can't go wrong. xD

Also! Comfy, it may be rude, but it's their own fault. That's why they ask you to confirm the listing before you list it. I'm still gonna do it. Sorry. xD  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:06 pm
Everyone makes mistakes, though, especially if they're selling a lot. I have accidentally priced stuff incorrectly, and it's not fun.  

comfylove
Crew

ecopper12

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:09 pm
Once again, we have a confirm screen for a reason. It's your duty to look at the price. Triple check it if you have to. It's there to prevent that same thing. If you misprice it still, it's your own fault. I'm not saying it's nice, but it sure as hell is awesome.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games