Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Need.... Encouragement...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pain?
  Yes.
View Results

Bored4Life57

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:45 pm

So I'm doing p90x. The whole thing. Nutrition guide and all.

(For those who don't know, p90x is an intense workout program. It spans 90 days and uses 3, 30 day phases. Each phase changes the workout, utilizing a concept called muscle confusion. It's -intense-.)

Anywho. It's incredibly difficult. And the nutrition guide isn't helping. I'm 6'3". I eat a lot. Today, all I had up to about 8:30 was a protein shake and a pint of blood. (That's another story, though....) I know that the program is going to worth it in the end, but there are those days when I have absolutely NOOOO motivation.

Discuss: motivation, encouragement, etc.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:47 pm
Ouch dude. P90X is the s**t. What I suggest is doing the program with other people. Workouts are a lot easier [and more fun] with other people there for motivation and encouragement. If I can go from 190lbs to 145lbs (and I've been keeping that weight consistent for the past 3 years) in 4 months, I'm sure you can do P90X.  

lgtenos

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:47 pm
Join the army? xD They're really strict on fitness and nutrition (:  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:31 am

Yeah, I'm doing it with a friend. But I get self conscious and I actually do more work alone. I just find it difficult to push myself once in a while.

I thought about joining the Marines a while ago. My mother flipped her s**t when I mentioned it. But there was an NROTC scholarship that I had a good chance of getting. It was $180,000. And it had a USMC option. But my mother still said no. Even though I could have used that $180k...

Bored4Life57

lgtenos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:59 am
Just go for it. I'm actually part of AROTC, and I received a scholarship that pays for my dorm, books, and gives a monthly stipend. ROTC scholarships are awesome.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:36 pm

Yeah the NROTC one would pay for EVERYTHING plus a $250 monthly stipend that increases $50 per month every year.

Bored4Life57

lgtenos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:47 pm
Yup. All ROTC scholarships (within AROTC, AFROTC, and NROTC) have that monthly stipend, all of which increase as you progress with the MS-years. But again, it's all up to you.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:44 pm
Yea,.. shouldn't let your mom make the choice for you as it is your choice to make. I thought about it before when I was still in high school and I decided against it. At the time I lived with someone who was enlisted. So hearing things from him and what I knew from ROTC from school I didn't like the run around bull s**t things that happen to some people. Bascially, said person I knew was suppost to get his promotion and go to school again for something or another and it seemed to just never happen cause they kept screwing things over, which then in return really turned me off on the whole thing cause I didn't want to possibly go threw with dealing with all the bureaucracy bullshit.

Don't get me wrong I still think it is a great thing to do for those that want to get into it but I just hope they don't get the reach around treatment and instead get exactly what they expect out of it or more. biggrin

Now as for working out with a friend and instead feeling self conscious,... ya shouldn't let that get to you. I mean you will always pretty much look silly to someone when you work out and if it is more you being self conscious about your current body state then ya shouldn't be cause your actually doing something to change that. Not to mention having another person help or give encouragement for you to get to it is one of the best tools you can have when it comes to physcially doing things.  

wo_nyrmo

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff