Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Quick oven realated question.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:07 am
Okay so I'm just curious how many do what my mom seems to do.

Do you use your oven as a storage unit?
Meaning if you got dirty pots and pants you just put them in there. I think she even puts clean ones in there at times. (obviously not at the same time as the dirty ones)

I'm just wondering mostly cause this isn't the first time the oven has been turned on without checking to see if anything was in it.

Now, obivously I don't like to check to see if anything is in it, cause really I shouldn't have to. Well this one time I was preheating it to cook a pizza and after doing the preheating I opened it up only to find pots, pans, and a ******** oven mit. I mean really an over mit? WTF is that of all things doing in the oven? Thankfully nothing burned.

Well on Thursay my mom went to use the oven. Not checking it she started it up. She managed to melt a plastic spoon. XD So thus I didn't have a cooked meal that night and instead had fast food.

Discuss:
Oven and oven storage o.O
The last thing you burn.
The lol nude featured avatar that is currently up... I guess nude is the new IT thing to have. =p  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:28 am
~*~

Um.

No.

Oven is for cooking.

~*~

Den Dristige Djevelen

Lady Kira X

Caring Cleric

10,300 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:33 am
My parents used to do that.
It was always clean skillets though..

and they were iron skillets.. so there wasn't anywhere to put them but the oven.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:23 am
I don't remember my mom or dad ever doing this. Or my dad's girlfriend. XD
Was it hard getting melted spoon out of the oven? o.o  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:23 am
PainfullyVivid
I don't remember my mom or dad ever doing this. Or my dad's girlfriend. XD
Was it hard getting melted spoon out of the oven? o.o
I don't know as I didn't see her remove it.
It did melt pretty bad though, cause it is like a stub now, and it dripped to the bottom of the oven.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:25 am
Yes, my family uses the oven for storage. But only leftovers that were cooked the day prior.  

lgtenos

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:35 am
lol >_>

No I keep mine empty. Except for like grills.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:23 pm
I've heard of people storing in them, but I've never done it xD
My friend washes his dishes by hand and then sticks them in the dishwasher to drain dry xD  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

comfylove
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:50 pm
My oven has a separate part where you can store stuff beneath it, so I put cooking junk there.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:02 pm
comfortably_dumb
My oven has a separate part where you can store stuff beneath it, so I put cooking junk there.
Oh we have that too and it is usually full of the cooking sheet and what not. 3nodding

@lici - you have no idea how my mom wishs she could hand wash then and stick them in the dishwasher but no... currently and for quite some time now the ******** sink in the kitchen doesn't work and she doesn't really use the dish washer besides to do just what you said.  

wo_nyrmo

SweetScentOfSweat

6,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:30 pm
Nope.
Our oven gets used every hour almost,
so it's pretty pointless to drag stuff out that often.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:33 pm
My mom does that. XD
At first she did it when she was soaking dishes and people were coming over.. then she'd just hide dishes in there!
Then once we got a cat anything soaking HAD to go in there since the cats food was on the counter or else the dogs would eat it. (sounds gross.. but before any food was prepared the counter was cleaned)
The oven got turned on a couple of times with dishes in there.. not too often since we got into the habit of checking.. but it still happened. D;

Now that I live on my own.. I sometimes throw cookware in the oven.. it's always the clean though.. I srsly lack cupboards in my kitchen.

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces