Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Candy mountain adventure

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:52 am
Yesterday I hiked with some mates up the highest mountain in our region. Just over 1,200m high, and was about a 10km trip up and back. It took us 4 hours to get to the top.
It just about friggen killed me, but the view was soooo worth it.
Not sure if you guys know what wait-a-while is, but it's a vine that spreads like crazy and looks like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It hurts like a b***h. The mountain was half covered in it.
Also, there was no track, we followed bits of pink tape tied to trees. It was pretty fun to be going through bush following bits of pink, if not a total inconvenience xD

So, pics to show the adventure:

The start!

The trek:

THE TOP!!

Aaaand finished, back down the bottom:

I'm hurting so bad today xD  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:10 am
Wow... When I look at the journey-up photos, I think, 'Oh man, I'd be so afraid of falling, or snakes, or bad things happening!" and then I look at you guys all up at the top and it looks so cool and pretty... surprised heart  

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:12 am
I'd have loved that, I really enjoy hiking with friends smile
I've never been anywhere like that either, although I've been to a few different countries, the trees and stuff in that forest almost look like they belong in a jungle to me.

On mountains I enjoy the bits where it gets really rocky so you have to start climbing up and over stuff and up small rock faces. When I was younger I'd run ahead of the other up mad routes and then have to find one that the rest of the group, cept a few who could climb like me, could actually get up razz

There is always some plant that's prickly where ever I go though mad it usually winds up inexplicably inside my boots or something.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:41 am
scrub
I'd have loved that, I really enjoy hiking with friends smile
I've never been anywhere like that either, although I've been to a few different countries, the trees and stuff in that forest almost look like they belong in a jungle to me.

On mountains I enjoy the bits where it gets really rocky so you have to start climbing up and over stuff and up small rock faces. When I was younger I'd run ahead of the other up mad routes and then have to find one that the rest of the group, cept a few who could climb like me, could actually get up razz

There is always some plant that's prickly where ever I go though mad it usually winds up inexplicably inside my boots or something.

This is another reason why you should move to Australia and marry me. We can go hiking together!

Lychee: It's not snake season xD I did fall though! Quite a bit when I was on the way down, it was very slippery in some parts, and almost vertical xD  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:07 am
One day, when I can afford to, I want come visit and spend like a month or something just travelling across the country to catch some surf and see the sights smile

You have the consistent good weather to! Mountains are less fun when it's raining... you get to the top and you are standing literally in a cloud, it's really windy and wet and you can only see about 5 meters. (Damn you Wales!)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:10 am
scrub
One day, when I can afford to, I want come visit and spend like a month or something just travelling across the country to catch some surf and see the sights smile

You have the consistent good weather to! Mountains are less fun when it's raining... you get to the top and you are standing literally in a cloud, it's really windy and wet and you can only see about 5 meters. (Damn you Wales!)

Actually it's not that consistent, a couple of those guys had gone up about 5 times before, and every time it's been rainy and misty and they haven't been able to see the view. We get a wet season here in the tropics D:  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

Elemental Doll

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:28 am
Looks like you had a lot of fun!
I´m jealous. x'D  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:35 am
It looks like it was awesome. I'd love to go hiking, but my friends aren't the outdoors type sad
And as always Lici, your legs are awesome 8D

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

AquilaLiberum

iceryu66

Aged Hunter

6,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:35 am
I miss rocks and decent trees.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:27 am
User Image
Mister Maurice + xXXxHeart2HeartxXXx
December 12, 2009 [Anniversary]

Nice Trip. :3

I also approve of Lici's legs being awesome.
Not just awesome.
They're sexy. o.o

MisterMaurice

Conversationalist

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:41 pm
Aquila15
It looks like it was awesome. I'd love to go hiking, but my friends aren't the outdoors type sad

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

Most of mine aren't either, it annoys me so much. My one friend who's outdoorsy and as spontaneous as me is moving away in two weeks 'cause he got a job somewhere else. I'm really bummed about that ):  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:59 pm
de.Lici.ous
Aquila15

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

Most of mine aren't either, it annoys me so much. My one friend who's outdoorsy and as spontaneous as me is moving away in two weeks 'cause he got a job somewhere else. I'm really bummed about that ):

Aww that sucks! Sorry to hear that sad
This is my final summer before I begin my last year of uni so I wanted to do something brilliant, but all of my friends are getting summer internships and stuff so they won't have time off. Plus, I have some friends who can't have a trip away without involving alcohol so that's also a bother.
SUITES CAMPING MEET UP biggrin

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

AquilaLiberum

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out