Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Friend's guy it:
  off-limits TOTALLY
  fair game as much as any other guy ;)
View Results

viper_353

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:52 am
Hey, so I have this friend....(well, kinda friend. Not really anymore.) and she's really pretty and all...but the problem is, if you tell her you like someone, she'll automatically start liking them too. And she'll tell you she's helping you, and then she'll turn around and steal the guy for herself. Haa, but i just don't get it. Because as soon as I know a friend likes someone, they're completely off-limits for me, and I don't find them attractive in that way. Well, which way do you girls swing??  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:35 pm
User Image

...means never having to take all the

yourself.

[──────────────────────]

Well, in the way that I see it, the guy is still fair game. I don't think anyone should do what your ex-friend did. That's just plain mean. When a girl likes a guy, and they tell you, the guy is just as much fair game as before she told you.
It's just like calling something. For example:

Pretend that 2 girls are a candy shop.
Girl #1: Oh! I love these kind of lollipops! Wait, there are only two left. Cherry and Grape. But I don't like Cherry.
Girl #2: But I like Grape! I want it!
Girl #1: Too bad, I call it! Ha!

[──────────────────────]

The BLAM Guild Mule

3,550 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Full closet 200

Obliviosity

Invisible Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:56 pm
I have the habit of always putting others before myself, so the guy would be totally off-limits to me.

It's already happened before, too. I had liked one guy years ago for quite a while, and we playfully flirted. But as soon as my best friend expressed interest, I backed off. Part of it was that i knew nothing would happen between the guy and I; but the main reason is that I just felt that my friend mattered more than the guy.

Eh. I'm just weird, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:40 am
I don't know. If the friend is actually dating the guy, it's obviously very bad form to go after him. But if she just has a crush well.. he's not property. It's a little insulting for girl's to be able to calls dibs on guys (or vice versa) because the guy in question obviously has feelings too and he knows who he likes and it may be you or your friend and it may not be either of you. I'd say if you like a guy and the feeling is mutual then your friend should be able to respect that fact that the guy chose someone else, and be happy for you that you've got a date.  

LyricalSoul93

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff