Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Miss me? Even notice I was gone?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

itlr:
  F U & READ
  and have a nice day
View Results

iceryu66

Aged Hunter

6,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:47 pm
So two weeks ago was the Techno Camp, my only paid hours in summer, so I spent the week with 6th-8th graders building a playhouse for a daycare for the children of single mothers. Only had one kid who tried to cut off another with a hacksaw. I made him stand in the corner, staring at it for a few hours, yelled at him every time he turned his head away from the wall. Also I asked the kids what (1.5)/2 was: the answer .37. After about 5 min I gave up on trying to get the right answer not sure if they are messing with me or this is really the proof the Florida education is made of fail and vista. Then the other teachers tell me that "it's alright, I can't expect them to solve complex math equations." Fail and vista confirmed.

Last week was spent on the final for my 6-week summer class. And crippled for a day or three by an illness, sore throat, cough, and sinus block. Also learned to play risk and played a lot of backgammon. Tried to play my SoulSilver but the screens were messing with my sick eyes.

Sunday was spent in a dark corner as it was Tia's two year anniversary.

Monday was spent repairing my phone/computer after Apple changed my phones OS to 4 and my itunes wouldn't download a compatible version.
Then I redid my entire final project after I opened it to give it one more glace before I submitted it. Turns out in my sickness I must have tried to work on it and totaled it, so had to start from the ground up. Three hours later (great improvement over the 30 it took the first time) I finished and submitted it.

I saw a scorpion of my floor as I was going to bed, crushed it with my old AutoCAD text book, only 12 pounds/5.5 kg (I think), and left it since the vacuum is a b***h to get out (built into the house) and I don't know if it's poisonous (I've had bad luck with that in the past). After not sleeping again I got up to do randomness on my PC, maybe design a new one, and I happen to glance over and notice the body was gone. First reaction: FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCK. So I grab a sword and start poking around. After about 5 min I notice it making a break for under my chair where i sit and work on my PC. I think the little ******** is trying to assassinate me. STAB STAB STAB AXE SMASH...where the hell did this axe come from? I don't remember owning a hand ******** it, go confirm the kill...do it better this time. After that make an improvised claw and flush the body.

So yea, good fun.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:26 am
Not being able to play Pokemon because you're sick = no fun sad  

lgtenos

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:19 am
I had that problem once with a lobster. It got out of the pot and walked off out my back porch door and I never saw it again. ><;;  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:19 pm
How come I knew zip about all of this except the sickness?
>>;;
Eek, scorpion!
I had a bat do that to me once.
Blasted thing practically chewed through the window.  

Ryu Redwings

iceryu66

Aged Hunter

6,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:04 pm
IceRyu: mostly not sick (Just don't give him solid food)

Saw Airbender today, was not any more disappointed then I thought I would be, worth a rental or a torrent I'd say.

Also went to the prep for the Coke Zero 400 today, always fun to watch in person, even if you might go def.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:35 pm
Well I didn't have a pick going into the race, but I chose Juan Pablo just before the start, bounce between 20th and first, until a 18 car pile up took him out.  

iceryu66

Aged Hunter

6,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items