Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
.bat to merge .001 split files

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Download or source?
  Download
  Source
View Results

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:13 am
Simply put the files you want merged in the same folder as the .bat, run the .bat, and follow the prompts. Do NOT mix your files to be merged with other .001 type files or it will NOT work.
Download:
http://rapidshare.com/files/403976455/Merger.bat.html

Source:
@echo off
if not exist "test" md test
set /p num=Please input the number of parts
cls
for %%a in (0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) do for %%b in (0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) do for %%c in (0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) do (
if %%a%%b%%c NEQ 000 if %%a%%b%%c LEQ &#xnu;m% copy *.%%a%%b%%c test)
cls
set /p name=Please enter a name for your file:
set /p ext=Please enter your desired file extension (avi, rar, etc.):
cls
for /l %%n in (1 1 1) do (copy /b test*.* &#xna;me%.x;t%)
rmdir /s /q test
cls
echo Your file "&#xna;me%.x;t%" has been successfully merged.
pause

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:48 am
Downloading BAT files off the internet is dangerous, as they are executable files that could contain virus.

(7zip is much easier, just right click and select "Extract Here" and it will)  

scrub
Crew

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:22 am
scrub
Downloading BAT files off the internet is dangerous, as they are executable files that could contain virus.

(7zip is much easier, just right click and select "Extract Here" and it will)
Yes but anyone who knows anything about .bat files knows that they are not compiled and I didn't encrypt the source of this file (which I leniently posted under the download). So all you need to do is right click on it and click edit to see that there is absolutely no harmful code in it biggrin Took me some time to get this though. I'm thinking of optimizing it to drop the size of the file even more (small size the primary reason I prefer .bat files to traditional .exe based programs)

EDIT: Source updated. Smaller size, more efficient (fast), and no longer requires ANY user input. Simply run and it does everything for you biggrin

@echo off
if not exist "test" md test
for %%i in (*.001) do (set name=%%~ni)
cls
for %%a in (0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) do for %%b in (0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) do for %%c in (0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9) do (
if exist *.%%a%%b%%c copy *.%%a%%b%%c test)
cls
for /l %%n in (1 1 1) do (copy /b test*.* &#xna;me%)
rmdir /s /q test
cls
echo Your file "&#xna;me%" has been successfully merged.
pause

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:10 am
Wtf is a .bat file?  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

ecopper12

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:50 am
de.Lici.ous
Wtf is a .bat file?

.bat files are Windows Batch Files. They are a type if executable files that often contain some kind of script.

My friend tried to send me a .bat file that would open a non stop pop up window. He claimed it was a story he wanted me to read.

I'm not stupid. xD  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:41 am
ecopper12
de.Lici.ous
Wtf is a .bat file?

.bat files are Windows Batch Files. They are a type if executable files that often contain some kind of script.

My friend tried to send me a .bat file that would open a non stop pop up window. He claimed it was a story he wanted me to read.

I'm not stupid. xD
LOL n00b stuff xd . All you need to do is open task manager and end cmd.exe or just close the command prompt window. See that's the thing about .bat files. If they have anything malicious and you know about it, you can just close it before it hits the command. Unlike .vbs (another non-compiled executable script) which can spam an unendable alert box over and over though I believe it can be stopped by restarting explorer.exe In any case, I had made a little .bat that would run a .exe file disguised as a .jpg file. I believe it went something like this:
assoc .jpg=exefile
start "Awesome s**t.jpg"
assoc .jpg=

Of course the .exe disguised as a .jpg and the .bat to run it were both heavily encrypted so as not to be picked up by any AV system. BTW a good way to determine whether a .bat is malicious is by its size. Most AV scanners will only scan the first 10 KB of a .bat file so most people may fill the first 10 KB of the .bat file with gibberish such as "echo." over and over. Generally any .bat over 10 KB in size isn't safe to run.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

ecopper12

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:37 am
maui boy no ka oi
ecopper12
de.Lici.ous
Wtf is a .bat file?

I'm not stupid. xD
LOL n00b stuff xd . All you need to do is open task manager and end cmd.exe or just close the command prompt window. See that's the thing about .bat files. If they have anything malicious and you know about it, you can just close it before it hits the command. Unlike .vbs (another non-compiled executable script) which can spam an unendable alert box over and over though I believe it can be stopped by restarting explorer.exe In any case, I had made a little .bat that would run a .exe file disguised as a .jpg file. I believe it went something like this:
assoc .jpg=exefile
start "Awesome s**t.jpg"
assoc .jpg=

Of course the .exe disguised as a .jpg and the .bat to run it were both heavily encrypted so as not to be picked up by any AV system. BTW a good way to determine whether a .bat is malicious is by its size. Most AV scanners will only scan the first 10 KB of a .bat file so most people may fill the first 10 KB of the .bat file with gibberish such as "echo." over and over. Generally any .bat over 10 KB in size isn't safe to run.

I also have a question. My friend had been making these in school, and he had been technically hacking. He had the Command prompt unlocked under the schools block. He made them in notepad, which he had complete access to,

Is notepad the only program with which you can save a file as .bat? It seems a little odd that it would be.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:44 am
Nope. You can use wordpad, or any other text editor. Note that this does NOT include document editors like microsoft word since they use an XML format that would be interpreted MUCH differently when opened in a text editor. And the reason that it is usually made in notepad is because .bat files run through command prompt which is a command line interpreter. It interprets text line by line and can also accept binary inputs (ASCII not unicode). Because of its ability to accept binary inputs, command prompt can be executed not only through the default .bat files and .cmd files, but also through .exe files. Also just so you know, I don't use notepad to save files as .bat files. I save them as .txt files and convert them to .bat files by changing the extension. This is because it's much easier to double click on a .txt file than it is to right click on a .bat file and click edit razz  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items