Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
SOOO PSYCHED!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HOORAY FOR AWESOME PROFILES!
  Whoo!
View Results

ecopper12

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:00 pm
So, for all of you who know about Gaia Online Magazine, they are trying to get a Lanzer doll for Meji, so they are having an art and profile auction.

I coughed up two mil to buy a profile from someone I highly respect in terms of graphic making.

Here is what I put in for the form.

Quote:
I WANT A PROFILE FROM Phoenix Basilisk

Name }} ecopper12
Theme }} Based around Elphaba, the wicked witch of the west. So, I want it to have varying shades of green and black. Not gradient though, not like green leading into black. I mean a varying black back ground, with shades of green in places.
Links to Pics}} The Broadway Art

if you could round that image without ruining it, just so it isn't a square in the profile, and actually blends in with the background so it looks like a part of it. That background of this picture if what I want the background of the profile to be like.
Sections }} About me, About Wicked, Wishlist, Interests, etc
Media }} A button player with no screen that plays four songs one after another. I want them in this order please.

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/additem/172162577 (No One Mourns the Wicked)

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/additem/161726993 (Dancing Through Life)

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/additem/275324689 (Defying Gravity)

http://www.playlist.com/playlist/additem/412410129 (No Good Deed)

Contact Links }} Add, Ignore, Message, Trade
Text }} I'm so delightfully Wicked...
Sometimes, being Wicked is best...
When your wicked, you can always get what you want...
Being Wicked is so much fun!

Make them gold with a white aura around them, and have them wavy, or curved. Spread them throughout the profile please.
Colors }} Green, black, white
Deadline }} I would like it by the weeks end if possible. If not, ASAP would be fine.
Payment }} Already paid through the Mule.

I think it will turn out great. here is a sample profile she made. http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/5619335/

I am hoping mine turns out just as good.

Since it is largely based around Wicked, do you think I made a good choice in songs? I was trying to get the most powerful and epic songs in the play. Dancing through life is in there because I like it. It may not fit, but it's my favorite.

Did I make a good choice?

Discuss  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:28 pm
Whoa, that's a pretty sick profiile (the one you linked as a sample). Now I want one. Too bad I only have 50k at the moment, lol.

I think you made a great choice. But then again, I'm a fan of Wicked. One of my favorite Broadway songs is "Popular."  

lgtenos

ecopper12

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:52 pm
klynkz
Whoa, that's a pretty sick profiile (the one you linked as a sample). Now I want one. Too bad I only have 50k at the moment, lol.

I think you made a great choice. But then again, I'm a fan of Wicked. One of my favorite Broadway songs is "Popular."

Yeah? I like that one too. That's one of the more comical songs in the play.

As much as I wanted to, I didn;t want to put the whole soundtrack on the profile. Just the most powerful and epic songs.

Sadly, they did not have March of the Witch Hunters on Playlist.com, or else I would have had that one too.

Thanks! I can't wait to see what she does with it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:46 pm
Yeah, which is why I love "Popular," lol.

What other musicals are you into?  

lgtenos

Rose Mitsubushi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:15 pm
I like the profile.
I'm not a Wicked fan at all, but the song fit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:41 am
klynkz
Yeah, which is why I love "Popular," lol.

What other musicals are you into?

Hmm...What other musicals? I would've liked to see West Side Story, simply because of the nostalgia and tunes. I might have also saw an ad for Rock of Ages, which I promptly dropped my jaw and wanted to go back and pay to see it.

I love my classic rock...xD

@ Rose: GASP! You don't like Wicked? What didn;t you like about it? xD  

ecopper12

Rose Mitsubushi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:03 am
The songs never really got me.
And if I don't like the music I don't think I'd be able to sit through the whole musical.
I love musicals, just not Wicked.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:06 am
That's fine. After all, to each his own. I personally love the musical, and I am currently reading the books.  

ecopper12

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:30 am
Sounds like it could be an interesting profile.

I personally like most of the songs from Wicked. I've never seen the play though. I'm not entirely sure I would like it considering that while I love the original soundtrack to Rent, I found the movie to be really, really boring. Since I have different expectations about songs and then plays or movies, I have different opinions about the two different mediums that are somewhat similar. The movie was just like a bunch of music videos shoved together and I grew tired of it and wanted some actual character development.
So, I might just be a musical soundtrack type person and not a musical person. XDD;
Except Avenue Q. I really, really want to see that musical somehow.

I didn't really like the Wicked the book either. The guy's writing style was drawn out and boring and some of the later plot was kind of stupid. o: I think I got halfway through. I actually should find someone to give that one and the Snow White Witch one to. Maybe I'll just sell them. Ooo.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games