Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Well, um...That is certainly...Fast?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

ecopper12

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:28 pm
Before I even begin, this topic has to do with an internet relationship. If you look down upon this type of thing, or even want to say something against it, please leave without posting.

So...Once upon a time I went into the GD. I posted a topic, and this girl post there. She had her MSN in her signature. She was pretty, and nice, so I added her. We talked for a while, and I say brb. I come back, and I see the window from her blinking. I click it, and she is sending me a file...With her n***s. I don't know what propelled me even further, but I accepted them and continued to talk to her.

I was my normal self, not mentioning much about why she did it, but one day, I messaged her, and we talked for a bit. She said she had to go to work. She said, "I have to go to work now, Bye sweetheart, I love you."

...Thinking she meant as I friend, I returned the favor and said the same.

Fast forward to a half an hour ago. I was talking to her, and I ask her what she meant when she said it. I asked if she meant it in a friendly way. When I got the message back, I expected nothing less that a confirmation of that. It was not. She said she liked me a lot. She clarified even more that she did like like me, and if I was willing, she would go out with me. I still have no clue what made me say I was up for it, but I did.

I am not upset, or scared, I am happy. She is very beautiful.

One thing concerns me. She said on her updates on her MSN profile that she loved the guy named Rafal. It was last month, so it may be null by this point but still...

Discuss
What the hell just happened
What I should do
What you think about the whole ordeal  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:49 am
Be VERY careful when accepting files through MSN. Regardless of whether it is an executable or not, it can still contain a server for a RAT. If you didn't last time, make sure that next time you accept files, you run them through a GOOD free AV scanner just in case. Here's one that I use.

In any case, in regards to the topic at hand, how long have you guys known each other? That would help some in oversight of the situation. Honestly, until I know how long this has been going on, I can't really have a good opinion neutral  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:18 am
From the title of your post, I assume this has only been a short time? If so, I'd be wary of things. She could just be playing you.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:19 am
So it this something you want? You just keep saying things like, "I don't know what propelled me even further" or "I still have no clue what made me say I was up for it" which to me says you aren't even sure you want to be in an internet relationship with her. If you like her as more than a friend other than just thinking she is pretty and nice then shouldn't that feeling be what propels you and makes you want to do the internet relationship thing?

I'm not entirely sure how long and how often you talk to her you have known her, but from what got, it's not too long. It does seem really early for her to tell you that she loves you. Though she might be one of those people that like to overstate their own feelings. In reality, they like you, but they say love.
She said she loved the other guy in a romantic sense? If she didn't specifiably, it could be in a friend way. Otherwise, she sounds like a girl that just falls in and out of "love" very easily.

But honestly, you know her more than anyone here will, so you'll be better at figuring out who she is and the truth.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

ecopper12

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:54 am
PainfullyVivid
So it this something you want? You just keep saying things like, "I don't know what propelled me even further" or "I still have no clue what made me say I was up for it" which to me says you aren't even sure you want to be in an internet relationship with her. If you like her as more than a friend other than just thinking she is pretty and nice then shouldn't that feeling be what propels you and makes you want to do the internet relationship thing?

I'm not entirely sure how long and how often you talk to her you have known her, but from what got, it's not too long. It does seem really early for her to tell you that she loves you. Though she might be one of those people that like to overstate their own feelings. In reality, they like you, but they say love.
She said she loved the other guy in a romantic sense? If she didn't specifiably, it could be in a friend way. Otherwise, she sounds like a girl that just falls in and out of "love" very easily.

But honestly, you know her more than anyone here will, so you'll be better at figuring out who she is and the truth.

It is something I want, as I have liked her for a while. It was just a little fast. Anyway, We had been talking for a few months. I say "I don't know what made me..." because I guess I was trying to cushion the blow of people who might think it's pathetic.

After all, I have no problem with someone who makes my heart melt. xD She is very pretty as I saw when she sent me pictures of her. How could I not love someone who looks like this and this

Straight and curly hair respectively.

EDIT: I also know she's not a predator. We have actually spoken before.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:08 am
Um. She is from the GD. I wouldn't believe her. She probably wants you to drop her n***s. confused  

comfylove
Crew

ecopper12

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:10 am
comfortably_dumb
Um. She is from the GD. I wouldn't believe her. She probably wants you to drop her n***s. confused

She asked me not to leak them. So, I won't. I am going to believe her.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:50 pm
ecopper12
comfortably_dumb

She asked me not to leak them. So, I won't. I am going to believe her.
I don't buy it, but yay for you.  

comfylove
Crew

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:24 pm
Ha yea,... pretty much what comfy said. xd

Anything, person picture wise from the GD is untrustworthy.

Anywho, ya shouldn't really rush into any sorta situation where your saying to yourself, "That is certainly...Fast". Sure admiting your feeling and what not for someone can come out fast but to me that isn't much of the problem cause that is just informing someone you like them and would like to get to know them even more... doesn't mean ya need to actually rush into a realtionship cause instead they could turn out to be more best friend material...

but hey w/e don't take my advice on any of this as no one really sees things quite the way I do.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:41 pm
Wait, she sent you her n***s the first day you talked to her?
If so- that's a big problem.

In any case she seems very childish and naive- but it's just my perception. Last month she may have loved Rafal. This month you?
This obviously isn't a real perception of what love is if she actually means "I love you." (I mean who can say what love is, but still)

So far all I can see from your perspective is that she's pretty. Just pretty doesn't cut it.  

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

Den Dristige Djevelen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:20 pm
~*~

Sounds like a case of attentionwhoreitis to me.

Seriously, man, it doesn't matter how pretty she is. Anyone who hands out n***s like sticks of gum is not someone you want to be around.

~*~

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:42 pm
With my years of internet dating, I'm going to advise you to be careful on this one because from the things you have just said about her you sound like your her flavor of the week.  

Kosai Avonej

Elder

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces