Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
How much would you charge... lolz

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rawr!

View Results

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:23 pm
Okay so my brother wants to go to The Gathering but needs someone to take care of his dogs, thus he offered me 50$ to take care of them. Now before he got the dogs I told him I didn't want to have to take care of them thus why anytime he leave and I have to take care of them it better be for a good reason or some payment will be involved. Well I got him to agree to agree to my terms: 75$ to be payed withing 6 days of his return, if that doesn't happen then 20$ per day for a late fee. I even made a written contract and had him sign it and all. XD Lolz

User Image

I'd post the full convo but no one would probably wnana read it. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:37 pm
Good job.
My mom and I need to do that with her boyfriend. He's going to get us to watch his dog from a Thursday to a Wednesday. Though I'm not entirely sure my mom will end up being able to keep him that long (since she's slightly allergic). EITHER WAY, WE SHOULD REQUIRE PAYMENT.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

iTootsie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:46 pm
Haha. NOICE.

Contracts are the best way to trap family.

I tricked my dad into agreeing that if he took me to a Mariner's game, he'd owe me $20. He signed the contract without noticing my - sign in front of what I'd owe him.

Teehee.

He took me to the game, you see.

smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:59 pm
@Pain - Definitely, should require something as your doing them a favor. 3nodding Even more so if your mom is slightly allergic X.x;

@iTootsie - lmao I fully agree and thus why I totally wanted to have one written up. =D Tis funny though that I was talking with my mom cause at first I was only thinking of upping the price to 60$ but she helped me decided I should raise it even more based on prices a kennel would charge... not to mention it would help me even more get a new video game lmao XD  

wo_nyrmo

Light up the Night

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:29 pm
I love animals so I would watch an animal for free, but if they're going somewhere it's always nice to get a souvenir from where they went at least. Not to say I wouldn't accept money, but especially if they're close to me like a family member- I wouldn't expect much at all.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:36 pm
Well I don't have a problem watching them cause I love them but like I said I told him before that I didn't mind if he got said pets as long as I didn't have to take care of them.

Sure I still do things for them and what not but it is more at my leasure and not because he wants to go out and have some fun.

Not to mention I actually have a job and would like to enjoy my time off work. While he seems to think he need some sort of vacation to get away from the stress of being at home causes... but the thing is he doesn't have a job that gives you a pay stub and instead earns $ selling and doing tatts. With that said he earns a decent chunk of money to where he actually has play $ while I have none and don't get to do much. So heck yea I'll hop on the opertunity to earn more money to get myself something nice. =D  

wo_nyrmo

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:39 pm
XD We probably won't. We were excited to watch him (since it's the puppy we found and gave to her boyfriend) when we thought it was only until Monday morning at most. xD; That would have probably been fine with her allergies mostly. So, I'm not sure what's happening now. o: We still have a couple weeks until he goes.
We could always force him to visit his home country of Ecuador and smuggle back some giant Guinea Pigs that he talks about. Though as a pet we could sell, not to eat like he does. ;o;  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:04 am
Type it out. I can't read it and tell you where your loopholes are.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:12 am
That's awesome! XD

Decent price too since most kennels charge like $10-$20ish a day.. and the dogs always come home FILTHY. D;

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games