Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Continuation of "Topic two" from my 3 for 1 thread.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

My artistic star still weeps for his lose for he was such a great person.

View Results

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:55 pm
Not quite sure how many of you read that thread but hey I still wanna post this.

Had to go shopping for a dress shirt for the viewing. It was quite the task. X.x; Went to 3 stores with no results of finding a short sleave dress shirt. I mean really wtf? Why are places all carrying just long sleave dress shirts. I almost felt as though I had to go to one of those suit type stores just to get a short sleave dress shirt and well forget that cause that is way to expensive. Found a fedora at the 3rd store though, pinstriped too so I totally had to buy it. Then at the 4th place we went we finally found a short sleave dress shirt and it matched decently with the hat I just got, score! So then it was just time to wait till today since I was all prepared to look nice.

Made sure to get up at 2:30pm though I could of waited till 3pm and got a little bit more sleep but my body was telling me more so that it was time to get up anywho, ugh. x.x; Well ate some cereal then got dressed up and waited for my bother, Kat and Tomi to get back from the mall since my brother wanted to pick up a dickies tshirt so he had a dress shirt. Then off to the viewing we went.

There I got to see pictures of him, his family and his partner. Also got to see some art that he had. Alot of it was stuff I've already seen since it was stuff he had in his classroom. Then got to see other things like the document he had, like the Disney American Teacher Award Honoree and a photo will Clinton and what not. The line seemed long at first but it didn't feel as long as I thought it was going to be... still alot of people though. The friends and family book was pretty darn full. Almost seems like they would need another book. Then after that picked up one of those little in memory card. After that it was set up to introduce myself to some of his family. So it was quite nice to say something pleasant to his sister and his mom and his partner. Then ya know payed my respects and said my little peace to him. He still looked the same as what I remember seeing him as so that was good cause I'd of hate to have seen something different that just didn't seem like him. Kat ended up crying more so we did what we could to help comfort... ya know hug and get some tissues for her.

Here is the Obituary for those who want to see it.
http://www2.indystar.com/cgi-bin/obituaries/index.php?action=show&id=117929

Welp now I just hope work isn't too bad tonight seeing how I'm dealing with being up ealier then I normally would be on a work day let alone the emotional drainage of it all. X.x; Plus I'd really like to be able to go the the funeral tomorrow but that really all comes down to what my body is telling me. Atleast I got to see him and pay my respects though...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:21 pm
I missed the other thread somehow. But that was nice of you guys to go. He wasn't very old. D:

And I looked at the obituary and saw "partner of 32 years". How many married couples are together for that long?  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

wo_nyrmo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:27 pm
It is still in the main area XD so you could still go view it and post =p

Well how could I not go? I mean he was my teacher for all 3 high school years. I even drop taking ROTC my second year there just to get back into art class since I felt a void without art.

Yea, he really wasn't very old. Thus all the more reason it is shocking and sad to hear that such a thing happened.

32 years is quite some time..and yea alot of married couples from what little satsticis I've seen even way before that. Not to mention he was the church choir director so obviously there isn't any religious fopah like some people are clamouring to.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games