Welcome to Gaia! ::

TinierMe

Back to Guilds

A place to meet Gaians who share a love and interest in the web-community, TinierMe ! 

Tags: TinierMe, Selfy, GCrest, Kokoro, Gacha 

Reply TinierMe T r a d i n g - A Market
Raving About Trading

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kitten

Fashionable Cultist

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:14 am
So tell us all about your great trading experiences!! Did you make a really good trade today that got you an item you've been questing for forever? Did someone suddenly pop up with one too many of an item you've been dying for and offer you it for cheap? Or was someone just really nice to you during trading recently? Someone you'd want to trade with again?

Tell me all your really great trading experiences!!! Feel free to name drop too! If they're good traders then spread the word, we want to trade with the good ones too!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:04 am
Maoya is awesome <3
I imagine she's so easy on her items cause of her vast collection, but still - she's so generous ; A;

Not to mention her awesome offers for artwork. She always insists on paying people very well for their art.
Today I made an art deal with her, and I'll be getting a good number of both old and new items that I really wanted. = 3= She so nice.

o 3o Think we should put this thread on the main forums so everyone can see it?

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Battle: Level Up 200

kitten

Fashionable Cultist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:25 am
I'll have to look her up and see if she's trading any of my quested items :'3

I haven't gotten around to ordering art on TM, saving it all for a contest or something I think <3

And hmm, idk...would defeat the point of the subforum, wouldn't it? >:  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:39 pm
She has an epic GC list. I don't think she's registered on the trading site though - last I checked at least. She keeps her GC list updated in her journal, and every so often, she'll be running a conversation in the item shop forums.

Ideally, this subforum should be for trade requests, sort of like a mini Selfy Shop Items forum or mini trade group kind of thing. Conversations tend to be noticed a lot more often on the main forum. If I could remove sub-forums, I would. If you want to leave this here though, that's fine. There are no absolute rules or anything like that - not really.

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

kitten

Fashionable Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:16 am
Oooh, I thought it was a subform to talk about trading. My mistake :3 Sure, you can move the two threads to the main forum then if you like n___n I don't care, it's your guild! <3

And that's fudge. I don't like trading if it's not with the trading site, cause I can see the item and of course it's always nice to click a button to see who wants items you'd rather throw away XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:58 am
Personally, I rather respect what the people want over what I want for this guild, which is why I ask you.

D: And yea, I know what you mean. I prefer having a TM Trading account list to look at over words, but when I'm after items, I don't mind bothering myself to read =]
When I know what items I want, I just go straight for those. She has the items categorized by gacha and colorized by type anyway, so it's not so bad.

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250

desu sprinkles

Familiar Noob

5,550 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:42 pm
"I haven't had any good trades, so sorry can't help you there Dx
Only just started yesterday x__x; "

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:13 pm
Hmm, not today. Most of the items I really do want are difficult to acquire or people are not willing to trade them away. ~sigh. But I suppose that's why they're in so much demand. sweatdrop

I suck at auctions because I don't have all the animateds people are raving about... and I don't even know what the difference of Offering and Auctioning is.

I've tried to offer on stuff before and people make me wait until someone else outbids my offer or they find someone else's offer more attractive.. at least they have the decency to inform me, hey someone else gave me a better offer so sorry kthxbye.

Isn't that like auctioning then?  

Iseru Dryves

5,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Citizen 200

-Elie-
Crew

Sparkly Bunny

22,175 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:25 pm
I've always considered auctioning on Gaia as a more set format... there should be high-bids and a specified end time.

Whereas I thought offerings are more informal... that people just offer whatever and the seller has no obligation to pick anything even if it's worth the most.

But on TM, rules and stuffs are really lax there. And people get away with stuff that you couldn't do on Gaia. (For example off-site trading "I donate to you, and you donate to me".) So really i don't think there's a specific difference between the 2 there from what i've seen so far.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:54 pm
SOMEBODY BUY SOMETHING FROM ME ON TINY! I HAVE A GIRL ITEM >.<  

Roxus The Cat

Romantic Fatcat

7,350 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Wall Street 200

Iseru Dryves

5,150 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:23 pm
I see... sweatdrop

Thanks for answering my question. 3nodding Hmm... you're right.. offers do seem more informal without a set time and without an obligation from the user to take an offer. sad I suppose there lies the difference.

Oh well.. win some lose some in the market. sweatdrop Maybe something better will come along soon.

@Sithroth - ummm... what do you mean by that...? ._.' You don't 'buy' items off users in TM..? You trade.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:50 pm
a while ago someone traded a gothic lolitia dress black for a sleppy doggy!!!!!!!!! xd xd xd xd xd xd xd  

daadaanaa

2,900 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

Pxlated
Captain

Aged Fairy

12,950 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:49 am
I traded 71 CC gacha items for a full Layered Short Cut set + Crimson Scythe and Comfy Slippers set o Ao

It was a long process.

TinierMe T r a d i n g - A Market

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff