Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:19 pm
My mother always told me love was a bullshit emotion that only fools and dreamers believed in...
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Okay, so whenever I go over to his place, he can't leave his computer and his games alone. There's one game he plays and it's totally gory, he knows I don't like s**t like that, in fact, a horror movie gave me a nervous breakdown when I was 9. Nasty gory s**t just brings back bad memories and he knows I hate them, but he honestly thinks it's "cute" how I react. I pretty much hide from view as much as I can and pretend I can't hear the sound effects. I know it's just a game, but still. I do not like things like that.
And he'll leave me downstairs with his parents while he goes upstairs for a half hour playing some stupid game on facebook. When I say anything about it, he bitches about people taking over his colonies. Like that s**t is real life.
When i go upstairs to see him or ask him to come back down or even just to give him a kiss, he tells me I'm a pain int he a** and to piss off, then expects everything to be fine when he comes back down. Of course it won't be fine!
But here's the thing. When his sister and his niece are there, his computer is a big no-no. He won't use it for the ten seconds it takes to tell me good morning or goodnight.
And this time, he's been gone since Thursday morning, I haven't seen his since Tuesday, I was sick Thursday, Friday and some of today. He comes on to tell me he won't be on because his sister is there.
He's been with them since Thursday and he can't take the two seconds it'll take to ask me how I'm feeling, knowing that I could have ended up in the hospital -or dead- with what I had.
I'm just ranting, I'm sorry, I know I do it a lot, but everything changes once his family comes around and I know they're important to him, but ********. He hasn't seen me since Tuesday and he's been with them since Thursday. He started an argument with me Wednesday night because he was so excited for this ******** concert he was going to that he didn't stop and think "Oh, how did her appointments go today?".
I know he was excited, but I just want him to talk to me sometimes. He hasn't spoken to me since Wednesday night and he can't take the two seconds to ask me if I'm okay now.
But he won't even hesitate to hide in his room on his computer when I'm thered.
I love him, but something's gotta give. Family is important, but ignoring your girlfriend knowing she was really ill just because they're there and you're having a great time is not an option.
Yeah, he's having a great time. Maybe I'd just ruin it. But I was sick enough that I was almost taken up to emerge in an ambulance.

User ImageUser Image
...so she told me to be the fool with a dream...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:29 pm
That's horrible! OAO You shouldn't have to put up with that insensitive shithead... If he chooses some stupid games over spending time with you... Then he really doesn't sound like he's worth your time. :<

Blood Pop

Bum

53,625 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:35 pm
Blood Pop
That's horrible! OAO You shouldn't have to put up with that insensitive shithead... If he chooses some stupid games over spending time with you... Then he really doesn't sound like he's worth your time. :<

My mother always told me love was a bullshit emotion that only fools and dreamers believed in...

Yeah, I'll admit, I love him too much to let him go when I probably should. I mean, he's not a bad person, I love him and he's amazing when he's not around those games and when he doesn't have access to his computer. But he just seems to think I should put up with him playing things like that around me constantly because I'm his girlfriend and I'm tolerant.
I'm tolerant of kids and I lost my tolerance for his obsession a long time ago.
But like I said, I love him too much to let him go right now.

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:44 pm
I know what'cha mean... My boyfriend plays games like breathing. -~-" And he gets pissy when I want to talk or spend time together. rolleyes But when he does give in and spend time with me, he doesn't seem to be that interested and just wants to go back to his game. =/

I'm a bit of a hypocrite suggesting someone ditch someone who's like my boyfriend when I refuse to leave him. X3

Blood Pop

Bum

53,625 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Miss Moll

Dangerous Darling

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:33 pm
Sounds pretty bad. I mean, if possible, give him the silent treatment. He'll realize that you're not gonna put up witht he neglect. You're his girlfriend, his love, not a bro. You're taking time out of your life to visit him. And instead, you're stuck with his parents: who you didn't come to see. Go out with the girls, have some fun. And if he bitches and moans over you not spending time with him, then simple say, "Well hun, I just thought that you wanted to protect your colonies." B3

At least: That's what I would do in this case xD

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:48 pm
The human heart feels things the eyes cannot see...
User Image

Yeah, My grandmother invited him to go out to her farm tomorrow and he automatically told me no. Why? Because he doesn't know what's going on. And he never bothers to ask until that morning. Why? Because he figures that no one else will know, either.
He says his parents and sister might need his parents vehicle, but...not only do they have another truck, his sister had to DRIVE to get there. They've still got two vehicles even if he takes off with one.
I'm sick and tired of his inability to plan anything. He'll just automatically tell me no because he doesn't know what's going on that day, tonight I reminded him that he's not two and doesn't have to go everywhere with his mommy anymore.
I mean, he's been with his family the past three days, hasn't spoken to me, and they will be there for the next week. It's not like taking tomorrow to come visit me at my other grandmothers house will hinder his bond with his family.
I just get so upset with him. I haven't been to my grandmother's house since valentines day and he can't take 5 hours for me tomorrow to go out there an spend some time with me on the farm.
Like I said, I know family is important, but I should be too.

When he told me no tonight because he didn't know what was going on tomorrow, you know what I said?
"Get off your ******** computer, walk out to the other room and ******** ask what is going on tomorrow. You might know what's going on if you tried that, you ******** moron."

And then I told him I was going out with my mom for a few minutes and left. I know calling him a moron wasn't necessary, but it made me feel better.

I've realized today, that I'm getting to the point where I just don't care anymore. I know he's not coming, so I don't bother waiting for him or even getting ready anymore. I just don't care. I love him, but I can't keep putting up with it.

User Image
...and knows what the mind cannot understand.

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Miss Moll

Dangerous Darling

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:01 pm
*high-fives* I'm proud of you hun!
It's one thing to spend time with family if you never see them, and they actually come out of state or something to visit. I can understand that. But [from previous posts of yours I've read] He's in college, [correct?] he's a man, and can make his own decisions. He doesn't need mommy and daddy's approval for where he goes anymore. He needs to grow up and understand that there are more important things. Such as spending time witht he girl who could possibly be the true one for him.
Does he know how important your grandma is to you?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:14 pm
iMugen
*high-fives* I'm proud of you hun!
It's one thing to spend time with family if you never see them, and they actually come out of state or something to visit. I can understand that. But [from previous posts of yours I've read] He's in college, [correct?] he's a man, and can make his own decisions. He doesn't need mommy and daddy's approval for where he goes anymore. He needs to grow up and understand that there are more important things. Such as spending time witht he girl who could possibly be the true one for him.
Does he know how important your grandma is to you?

He doesn't really, but I don't see her all that often, so I never really talk about her. Of course she's important to me, don't get me wrong, but if you never see someone you're not gonna constantly talk about them xD
He doesn't see them often. Once a month, twice at the most. But he's spent the last three days with them, and they're going to be up for another week.
As I said up there, it's not like he can't set aside 5 hours for me and then go back to them for the rest of the week. Invite me out there himself instead of his mom doing it. I won't be able to go out there anyway for the next few days because they're sure his nephew got the measles. My boyfriend's had them before, but I haven't so it's not like he should really be around me anyway (seeing as at my age the measles can kill you), but the thought and effort would be nice.
Family is important, but he wants me to be family too someday. I can't be if he's not going to treat me like it.
nd yes, he's in University. So he doesn't need mommy and daddy like he did anymore. But ever since he got back for the summer, his mom's been cleaning his room and doing his laundry.

User ImageUser Image

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Miss Moll

Dangerous Darling

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:32 pm
He really needs to grow up, I mean, I understand how people get when they get back with family. They act like high-school students, depending on parents again. [normally] But still. I'd just say, let this week pass, give a couple more days in silence to him. It will give you time to think. And afterwords, get some time to where it's just you two. And only you two.
Talk with him about everything, tell him you're really getting fed up with things, and some things need to change. A real serious chat. Because, the only way to resolve things is talking them out. I mean, like you said up there, you DO love him. And I imagine you want to continue to. If he's not acting the same way he did when you first started seeing each other, tell him, "I want my [whatever his name is] back, not this kid who thinks only for himself, who's inconsiderate, etc."

[No-offense D:]
That's just what I'd do.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:46 pm

Thank you, yeah, there's a lot of things we have to talk about. He's into following the crowd and everything and he needs to start thinking for us. For me and him, not Bob down the street, not a sister he sees once a month. He needs to do things in our relationship for us. Not put them off til I'm forty because Bob and his sister say it's not okay to do. I mean, I tell my little brothers and sister not to do things that I screwed up, but secretly, I'm hoping they don't listen to me too closely because I don't want them to end up like him and I want them to think for themselves. Just because I tell my sister not to get married til she's forty, doesn't mean she should listen to me because I screwed up ]:<

I don't plan on talking to him until he comes to see me without bitching about it.

User ImageUser Image

Angel Nicholson

7,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:10 am
Yeah you need to stand up for yourself.
Right now he sees you as someone who he can take advantage of, I say this because your probably really loving, caring and very tolerant.
You don't want to lay down the law because you don't like conflict or you just don't want another fight.
But right now unless you want to put with this forever you need to stand up and tell him to treat you with respect or you will leave, that will make him go "oh s**t!!!11!"
It will make him realize that you are not a door mat that will baby his a**.
Yeah it will lead to a fight and you might yell scream and cuss but in the long run it will be worth it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:20 am
Guys and video games... *tsk tsk*

Tell him how you feel, sit him down or write him a note. Hes being a big douche.

Mochiccino

Biggest Cat

17,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:41 am
I'll just address the videogame issue here since it's more applicable to my, err, "expertise." :'D
~~
that's when I stick my boobs in his face
Uhh..haha. My boyfriend had this problem with me.
;3;
Except I don't have an XBOX360..
and I love the damn thing!
so everytime I came over I played it obsessively.
He finally had to sit me down and say: Okay, Katy. It's cool that my hot girlfriend plays video games. But I'm beginning to get jealous of my XBOX and that's not normal. So please put the control down and pick up mine?
Naturally the dirty joke made me grin and turn the console off.
(I didn't pick up his "controller", by the way.)

I wasn't being that big of a jerk about it though...
Like I didn't call him names or whatever..
that sounds like more of a different problem than just obsessive habits.
You should never allow him to call you stuff like that!
Let him know, seriously.
I absentmindedly call my boyfriend "stupid", like "you stupid sexy people being all sexy" in a joking manner, but it still hurts him.
He let me know earnestly and I'm working on it.
Hopefully your bf will get the picture and work on it too!

Oh, and about the gore..
I have the same problem!
My boyfriend turned off the gore effects on Red Dead Redemption for me while I was watching him play it. =]
I love him. <333
My friends, however, made me watch Zombieland.
I was seriously going to start crying, or throwing up. Or both.
I called him and he told them to knock it off and let me read something instead.
Did I mention how much I love him??
<33

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces