Welcome to Gaia! ::

Free Item Archive

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to tracking active and inactive sponsorships, events, and misc. Free Items and Free gold 

Tags: free item, freebie, sponsorship item, sponsorship, free item archive 

Reply Main
Do not share the 40 GC or the 5,000g grant links!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Leitis
Captain

Star Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:02 pm
About the 5,000g Grant Link

Hello, everyone

Some of you may remember the incident of the free 40 GC that happened not that long ago. It seems we have another grant that was considered exploiting and a moderator contacted us asking us to remove it.

Some of you may be familiar with the grant that gives 5,000 gold. It seems that this grant was only intended for those who got the link through email. Sharing this grant is considered exploiting, which can result in a ban. Continuing to share the link and using it on 10 mules will result in banning.
If you see a post or thread with the link listed, please report them. To show you we're not lying, here is the PM we got from Sharkworld, a moderator of Gaia.

Sharkworld
Hello,
Can you please remove the wake email link from your guide. The one that is set to grant 5k.
The intention was never for it to be freely distributed and should only be used by those who have recieved the email.
Can you please let me know once this has been removed & if you have it, the link to where it was first recommended to you so I can speak the user in question.
Regards
Sharkworld
Site Moderator

══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

About the 40 GC Grant Link

We were informed that there is a link going around Gaia that grants every user a free 40 GC. However, we at FIA are sad to announce that this link is considered a glitch and using it can be seen as being a violation of the site's Terms of Service. If you clicked on the link, do not spend the GC that you have been granted. If you have already spent the GC, do not sell the item that you have received. Contact a mod immediately in regards to the free GC and ask them to remove the GC or the remaining amount and the item(s) you bought with it.

This thread will be updated as we receive more information from Moderators. Please feel free to post any questions or concerns that you have regarding this glitch and we will try our hardest to answer them.

Please also be aware that if you are caught sharing the link after this announcement is sent out, you will be banned permanently from FIA. We support getting the most out of Gaia in regards to free items and events around the site but we DO NOT support exploiting glitches to get freebies.

In addition, we have been asked by the Moderators to help spread this information about the link. So please, if you see someone talking about getting the free 40 GC or you see the link itself, post a warning in the thread and report the user sharing the link. Also, please inform your friends about this glitch and ask them to pass along the information!

Our very own John Reese informed us of the nature of the link and quoted another user who summed up the glitch well:
Dlen Isolde
User Image
User Image

I need to advise everyone here NOT to use the link that gives you the 40GC.

That GC was given out last year during Gaia's Promageddon event. It was only suppose to be used during the event. When the event was over any who had not used the GC lost it and any left over GC was taken away. We were not meant to keep any of the 40GC after that. We are NOT meant to receive it now.

Thus clicking that link and getting the 40gc is a glitch. Using that 40gc will be considered exploiting the glitch. Which is against the ToS.

User Image

Please be aware that clicking the link to redeem the 40 GC could be seen as a bannable offense! DO NOT spend the GC you have received if you have already clicked the link. If you had, DO NOT sell the item(s) you received with the GC. Contact a Mod immediately.

Please be aware that spreading this link could also be considered against the ToS of the site. Any member of this guild caught sharing the link will be banned permanently from FIA immediately! Please spread the word about this glitch.

New Information!
Two moderators have confirmed that the Admins are aware of the link and to use it is frowned upon but no action will be taken against a user's account as long as they do not spread the link around nor do they get the points on multiple mules. In other words, overusing the link is a form of abuse according to the ToS but they are aware of the issue and are working to correct it.

IflanaNifi
Just don't pass the link around and make others aware that it is a glitch. Don't worry, you won't be banned over 40 gaia cash. ^_^

Para
leesha
I was given a link, and passed this same link to others, that gave me Gaia Cash that was from the previous Prom.
I was not aware that we could not use this link and was informed that it was just another 'Free Item Offer' from Gaia.

I was informed that we weren't supposed to use the link and to contact someone immediately.
I've done several offer on the Gaia Cash page as well so have additional cash aside from the one given by the link.

I have not spent any of the Gaia Cash.
I'm not sure if I fill out a form in the Help Center or contact a Mod/Admin.

Thank you if you can point me in the right direction.

Sorry for getting back to you so late.

You're free to keep the cash but please do not make or use mules to get the cash as that would be considered abusing this link. The admins are aware of the issue. Do not send the link out to anyone either.

Thanks for asking about it however.

Thank you,
Free Item Archive Crew  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:10 pm
oGaga
um i clicked the 5000 gold link i found in the forum that now has the warning that guy posted then i sent the link to my friend am i in trouble i promise i didnt know
edit my friend didnt reply to me so am i in trouble
Just don't spread it around any more and inform your friend about the nature of the link (feel free to copy and paste the information from this thread if you want to). If you sent your friend the link through a PM and they have not opened it yet, you can delete the PM you sent them. Go into you outbox, check the box next to the PM in question, and hit delete. ^^  

Leitis
Captain

Star Fairy

Leitis
Captain

Star Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:57 pm
oGaga
Leitis
oGaga
um i clicked the 5000 gold link i found in the forum that now has the warning that guy posted then i sent the link to my friend am i in trouble i promise i didnt know
edit my friend didnt reply to me so am i in trouble
Just don't spread it around any more and inform your friend about the nature of the link (feel free to copy and paste the information from this thread if you want to). If you sent your friend the link through a PM and they have not opened it yet, you can delete the PM you sent them. Go into you outbox, check the box next to the PM in question, and hit delete. ^^
i think she read it and reported me and that is why she didnt reply
Ah, I do not know what to say then. Just refrain from sharing the link any more and inform people who do share the link about the nature of it and how you can get in trouble for doing so. You should report people who share the link repeatedly but try to at least inform them that what they are doing is wrong. ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:03 am
We're not supposed to share the double rainbow or starmony links either, or tell anyone about the profiles which they are found on. I had a post deleted the other day for it >.<

People are just supposed to find them on their own.  

Mizzy la Miz

Romantic Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200

Leitis
Captain

Star Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:30 pm
Mizzlamiz
We're not supposed to share the double rainbow or starmony links either, or tell anyone about the profiles which they are found on. I had a post deleted the other day for it >.<

People are just supposed to find them on their own.
Do you have a quote or screenshot of a Mod or Admin saying that? ^^

I was under the impression that sharing the profile is fine but directly linking to the item grant was not. I believe Reapersun or Peppertea was the one who said that.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 2:57 am
I had a clearout of my inbox (it was at 100%) sorry gonk

Admin basically said "Your post has been removed. Players must find the items on their own not be told where they are".
I didn't share direct link , i said it was on profile.  

Mizzy la Miz

Romantic Lunatic

9,250 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hygienic 200

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:13 am
i'm not sure if i took the link or gave it to my mules. what should i do? D=

(but thanks for the heads up. its a good thing to know. i would have for my gaias to be banned do to this glitch.)

Main

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games