Submit

sokeatr

O.G. Gekko

8,350 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:44 pm
It's kinda a long distance relationship. He lives an hour away from me. We met the first time I visited my stepdad's gun shop up there. We where working and I took a break and went over to the music store next door. I started talking to the owner who was asking me about myself. He*(my bf) at the time just kinda looked at me. About two weeks later I got a friend request on my Myspace. It was him. I accepted and we talked every night for a few days. I gave him my number and we talked on the phone only twice. We hung out 2 times that same week. He took me to the movies, and that's when we first kissed. That's also when we started to date. We hung out a lot after. I started going to his house. His parents like me. My parents like him.
He told me he loved me on Tuesday...I didn't say anything. I just started to cry. He held me... yesterday, i pointed out his eyes where dilated, Then said "Did you know your eyes dilate when you look at someone you love?" He just laughed and looked away.
I feel stupid because I can't say "I love you too". I hate it ):
I just wanted to get that out. I can't exactly tell my parents that he said that or they'll freak out. And I can't put any of this on my Myspace for obvious reasons. So Gaia was my best choice...
I'm not looking for advice. But if you have some I won't turn it away.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:38 pm
Aw, don't beat yourself up for it.
Never force yourself to say "I love you" when you're uncomfortable with it, only say it when you're sure.
It's understandable that you may be feeling bad because he's saying it, and you're not. Yes, it may disappoint him a bit every time you don't say it back -- BUT -- Remember that he will be extraordinarily happy if/once you are able to say it confidently and truthfully. Much more if you say it when you're uncertain, only to have something bad to happen along the way, only to disappoint the both of you.
Just take things one step at a time, and don't force what doesn't come naturally. =3  

Obliviosity

Invisible Explorer

Lisiana

Newbie Phantom

5,600 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:58 am
Just as Adagietto said, let it out naturally; don't force yourself.

Besides, if he loves you, then he'll wait for your answer--for you to say "I love you too" in a certain, truthful way.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:21 am
I had the same problem!
Definitely don't force yourself -- he'll be able to tell.
Wait till the right moment, whether it be 5 minutes after he says it, or 5 days. Heck, 5 weeks even!
Whenever you genuinely feel it, say it.
Tell him you need more time to figure things out, that you don't want to say anything you don't mean entirely.
He should understand. =]

I said it before I was sure.
I should have waited, because I would have been able to say it with more conviction, more honesty and truth as I do now.
It's soo much nicer to hear (according my bf) when I really, really mean it, from the heart; the soul. <3

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100

forever a fawn

Magic Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:40 am
User Image
Thanks everyone. heart

I agree with Adagietto
"I love you" isn't just something that should be thrown around. Say it when you really mean it. And I'm sure he'll be fine with that.

User Image

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff