Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
I tried again. [Art Post]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

ecopper12

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:32 pm
Okay, so...I drew one of my favorite characters, Phoenix Wright. I did a bit of tracing for the hair, but other than that, it's all from sight and memory.

User Image

I know it's bad, but I'm still new at drawing with a tablet...

What do you think? Any meaningful advice?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:21 pm
I think it's impressive for someone who's new at using a tablet. I bought a cheap tablet just to see what it was like and I MUCH prefer a pencil.

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

AquilaLiberum

ecopper12

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:33 pm
Aquila15
I think it's impressive for someone who's new at using a tablet. I bought a cheap tablet just to see what it was like and I MUCH prefer a pencil.

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

Thanks, Qui!

It is hard...I think it's because you are drawing without looking at what your hand is doing. You are looking at a different place for the outcome.

Thanks again.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:02 pm
It's broken.

Most people say it takes a week to get used to a tablet. You just have to get used to drawing differently, and then you're back to normal.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:29 pm
Yeah, my hand-eye coordination sucks, except when I drive. I can't watch my laptop screen while I'm trying to draw something, it messes with my head xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:41 pm
Szenfucius say, if you have to look at hand when drawing, you do not draw what eye sees.

Seriously though. XD Try doing some blind contour drawing. The results of the exercise won't be beautiful, but it will seriously improve your drawing skills by teaching you not to stare at your hand while drawing. :3  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

ecopper12

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:46 pm
Szen
Szenfucius say, if you have to look at hand when drawing, you do not draw what eye sees.

Seriously though. XD Try doing some blind contour drawing. The results of the exercise won't be beautiful, but it will seriously improve your drawing skills by teaching you not to stare at your hand while drawing. :3

I didn't look at my hand, as I've gotten past that habit. I just need to improve on the actual drawing.

I'll try that lesson. Thanks!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:48 pm
~*~

If you're watching your hand instead of what you're producing, you're not going to be very good.

Just keep practicing. You'll improve eventually.

~*~

Den Dristige Djevelen

ecopper12

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:47 pm
Okay, so I drew the other character, Miles Edgeworth, and I like this one better.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:38 pm
I drew another character. this time it's Franziska Von Karma.

It's big, so I'll just link it.

http://ecopper12.deviantart.com/#/d2uak6n  

ecopper12

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:10 pm
Just so you knooow, if you are copying an image like it looks you did (where a person looks at another person's photo or art and recreates it exactly as is or similar to it) and you are posting it on art sites or to show it off, you should at least link back to the picture in your dA description to credit the original artist in some way.

Though I doubt dA would actually give a s**t.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:14 pm
PainfullyVivid
Just so you knooow, if you are copying an image like it looks you did (where a person looks at another person's photo or art and recreates it exactly as is or similar to it) and you are posting it on art sites or to show it off, you should at least link back to the picture in your dA description to credit the original artist in some way.

Though I doubt dA would actually give a s**t.

Ah. Right. Sorry.

I figure if I drew it, they wouldn't mind much as long as I don't claim it as mine and mine only.  

ecopper12

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:39 pm
Well, you are pretty much claiming it as yours by not crediting it as most people are going to assume if you don't credit something, you drew and come up with everything.  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games