I don't know what to do

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

you are my disease

Beloved Enabler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:43 am
My boyfriend is being absolutely horrible lately.
He is normally cute, sweet, super smart, we talk forever about movies or books or he'll sing me songs. We live about an hour away from each other, so we don't get to see each other much since he hasn't gone to get his permit yet (he's 21). Every once in a while, he gets into a bad mood and gets bitchy, but normally he'll apologize and be fine again in a few days.
But now, he's pushing me away and being horribly rude. He told me that he was having issues at home, and promised me that we'd talk about it, since he was taking them out on me. But I called him like he asked and he refused to talk about it. He's been miserable for about a week and a half now, and every time I think that he's getting better, he winds up pushing my further away suddenly without explaining why.

I just don't know what to do.
I told him that I'd give him some more space, so he can deal with his problems, since he doesn't want my help.
And he kept telling me that I could so much better than him and he hates hurting me but keeps doing it because he doesn't want to hurt me anymore. Which makes no sense to me. Basically I think he wants me to leave him so he can be miserable in peace. But I love him deeply and don't want to leave him, especially when he's hurting like this.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:06 am
He sounds like my boyfriend. Well.. a bit, except my boyfriend doesn't want to let me go and he keeps trying to pull me closer to him, even though he doesn't understand that I need my personal space and he's gotten a bit controlling. rolleyes

Sorry about that..

OT: I think maybe you should step it up a notch and tell him that he needs to instill more trust in you, to allow you to help him because you're a couple, and couples usually work things out together if there's a problem. Tell him that he's being offensive when he pushes you away. I think you need to be slightly more aggressive in this situation.

I had to really go all out and spill everything to my ex when he wouldn't do s**t for me. It worked for me.. He was taken by surprise, because I'm usually easy going, but it really got him to wake up and get s**t done.

I hated having to tell him off, but it was worth it, because it was effective.

You might have to be tough with him.. If he won't open up to you, then I'm not sure he's worth it.

Jenitorturer

you are my disease

Beloved Enabler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:57 am
Oh I did.
He doesn't want my help, he wants to fix things on his own.
I'm waiting to see if it has any effect.
It didn't seem to, but maybe he just needs time to let it sink in?
I think all I can do is sit back and see what happens and take it from there :/
I really wish he would let me help though

26. ✿ - - - Boys

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces