Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
-sigh-

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dreams...
  Do Come True!
  Never Come True
View Results

[Shiro Petto]

3,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:46 pm
Ever had your dreams crushed by the words: "No! Do something more realistic. _________ is not a job!"

Have you?

I have...

What was the thing you wanted to have a career as and someone told you that you couldn't do it?

Tell me anything because I wanted to work in Digital Media work during college but my mom... well you know the rest (^^^^)  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:25 am

i wanted to work in a video game company you know like nintendo or lion head studios but my dream got crushed by me yes me sad

aboly252
Crew

4,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:23 am
nothing wrong with dreaming  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:37 pm
To my mom it is TnT

@Aboly: I would love to work there too... Crushed by yourself? 0_o?  

[Shiro Petto]

3,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100

aboly252
Crew

4,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:23 pm
[Shiro Petto]
To my mom it is TnT

@Aboly: I would love to work there too... Crushed by yourself? 0_o?

sounds weird right ?

but its true , thought i think some friends might had some effects

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:24 pm
Ahhh I see...

My mom thinks that I'm going to get raped at any job I get. >.<

what??? If I want to work at Media Work, I'll get raped??

Sounds like I can never get a job... EVER!! >.<  

[Shiro Petto]

3,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:58 pm
such a pessimistic view  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:25 am
I have the answer to this problem that you seem to be facing... Stop listening to other people and follow your dreams. You can do what you set your mind to doing. If somebody else is holding you back, then it is only because you are allowing them to hold you back. Stop allowing them to hold you back... unless you really don't want to do what you say that you want to do. It is your choice as to what you do with your life. I have faith in everyone's ability to follow their own dreams... all that you have to do is have faith in yourselves.

I have had many people tell me that I would never make it as a counselor, and I have had many people tell me that it would take too many years of my life for me to obtain the education that it will take for me to become a counselor. For so many years I listened to these people and allowed their words to control my life. I thought that just because somebody else told me that I could never reach my dreams that I would never reach my dreams. I, then, learned that if I allowed what other people said to control my life, then I really wouldn't ever reach my dream and it would be because I listened to other people's opinions of things.

If you never reach for the stars, then you will never grab hold of them. You have to reach for your star. You need to embrace your dreams. If you always let people hold you back, then you will never get anywhere. You could end up with Bill Gates' money, but if you didn't obtain it doing what you love to do then did you really get anywhere in your life? If you want to become something, then become that which you want to become. If you don't want to become something, then don't say that you want to become that which you really don't care enough about to become. Find your dream and run with it.  

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200

[Shiro Petto]

3,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Junior Trader 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:55 pm
Damn Serg O_0 sounded like you snapped at me.

Thanks for the help though smile  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:18 pm
Sergeant JJ
I have the answer to this problem that you seem to be facing... Stop listening to other people and follow your dreams. You can do what you set your mind to doing. If somebody else is holding you back, then it is only because you are allowing them to hold you back. Stop allowing them to hold you back... unless you really don't want to do what you say that you want to do. It is your choice as to what you do with your life. I have faith in everyone's ability to follow their own dreams... all that you have to do is have faith in yourselves.

I have had many people tell me that I would never make it as a counselor, and I have had many people tell me that it would take too many years of my life for me to obtain the education that it will take for me to become a counselor. For so many years I listened to these people and allowed their words to control my life. I thought that just because somebody else told me that I could never reach my dreams that I would never reach my dreams. I, then, learned that if I allowed what other people said to control my life, then I really wouldn't ever reach my dream and it would be because I listened to other people's opinions of things.

If you never reach for the stars, then you will never grab hold of them. You have to reach for your star. You need to embrace your dreams. If you always let people hold you back, then you will never get anywhere. You could end up with Bill Gates' money, but if you didn't obtain it doing what you love to do then did you really get anywhere in your life? If you want to become something, then become that which you want to become. If you don't want to become something, then don't say that you want to become that which you really don't care enough about to become. Find your dream and run with it.

heart  

Aralik
Captain

Agile Rogue

7,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games