Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
The Sorting Hat ~ CLOSED 2062-63 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 180 181 182 183

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:45 pm
User Image

╔══════════════════════════╗
                                              Wolfrik Knapp
                                              Eleven Years Old - First Year - Unsorted - Halfblood
                                              ╚══════════════════════════╝

Wolfrik stayed fairly quiet during his trip to Hogsmeade, and even more quiet on the boat rides to the castle. He didn’t expect the castle to look so horrifyingly large and ominous, despite the fact that his older siblings had told him about their first trips to Hogwarts when they were his age. He decided to instead watch the world around him, whether it was the views or watching other kids. A few sat with him, but he mostly kept to himself and read during lulls in conversation. Once inside the castle, Wolf filed along with his classmates, waiting as patiently as he could to be called and sorted into a house. He wondered which House he’d be sorted into. Perhaps into Gryffindor with Zack and Xeno, but probably more likely into Ravenclaw with Yarrick. About halfway through the alphabet, they finally landed on the last names that started with ‘K’, and when his name was called, Wolfrik made his way to sit on the stool, awaiting the Sorting Hat’s placement on his head.

UNFOOLABLE Wolfrik is intelligent and analyzes situations critically. Due to this nature, he is seldom tricked or misled.
                                              UNDERSTANDING Wolf is very compassionate when it comes to others' feelings as he knows that being a human and surviving everyday can be challenging. At the end of the day, everyone is just doing their best.
                                              CONTEMPLATIVE Wolfrik is a deep thinker and very introspective. He typically analyzes what he and others do in an attempt to figure out what made them that way.
                                              SOLEMN Wolfrik considers his words before speaking as he understands how much of an impact they can have on others. He is usually quite serious about how he makes others feel, and never intends to make anyone feel bad.
                                              POLITICAL Wolf has a keen interest in understanding power dynamics and the intricacies of social structures. He likes to know what others are thinking and how they got to their conclusions.
                                              FICKLE Although Wolfrik is very careful when it comes to others' feelings, he tends to be inconsistent in his own thoughts and feelings, and can be easily swayed to a differing opinion on a matter. He tends to struggle with making firm decisions.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

People t a l k i n g without s p e a k i n g
                                              P e o p l e hearing w i t h o u t listening

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:08 pm
User Image

SherbertLemondrop

User Image

User Image

Jo quickly adjusted her lipstick, putting on the finishing touches. She had waited on the black lipstick until she was well and truly away from her parents. They weren't the biggest fans of the kick she was on and she frankly didn't want to deal with it. Now, she was here and they couldn't stop her. She was taking her first step toward becoming her own person. And it all started here. With the sorting.

Jo was feeling good, but anyone paying close enough attention would notice her fingers continually moving to drum against her new wand. It made for a good outlet. She was getting impatient but when her name was finally called (the joys of having a surname starting with V...) she took a deep breath, straightened her back, and made her way to the stool. She sat down relaxed her face. She was ready to make the most out of whatever was about to happen.

xxxPERSONALITYxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

AMBITIOUS Jo never wants to settle for less than exactly what she wants. She has a plan for what she wants and will do whatever she needs to to achieve it. She’s motivated by her goals and every action works toward them.
                                              REBELLIOUS Jo has a natural rebellious nature. She doesn’t want to go by the book, most especially her parents’ book. She is always comfortable doing her own thing and won’t immediately respect people just because they are in a position of authority.
                                              RESILIENT Jo doesn’t let anything stop her. She uses any challenges she faces as a stepping stone and won’t allow things to drag her down. If one plan doesn’t work, she’ll come up with another one without hesitation.
                                              CONFIDENT Jo knows herself very well. She knows what she wants, she knows what she’s good at, and no one’s opinion is going to change that. She doesn’t feel the need to please other people and it shows. She’s completely comfortable being who she is.
                                              HONEST One thing you can always be sure of with Jo is that you will get the truth from her. She speaks what’s on her mind and rarely has a filter. She’s fairly decent at not being outright rude, but if someone asks her opinion, she will share it without hesitation.
                                              PROTECTIVE Even though Jo can come off a bit rough, when she does make friends, she takes care of them fiercely. She will happily put herself in between a friend and danger, be it physical or emotional. She can’t stand the people she loves being hurt. She’s a defender by nature.

null

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
An ambitious mind and a rebellious nature
Both key to unlocking whatever life may have in store
There's only one place to hone those skills!
You'll make big moves in....

SLYTHERIN!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:18 pm
User Image

Yukina101
Ayy, domino, flick and a drop and I see it all fall down
Shakin’ the world, magnitude makin' everything crumble like blah, blah
Okay, all that's left is dust, A.K.A. "The Bulldozer"
Right when everyone falls, they're crawling ’cause they can't help but follow

User Image
User Image

¸.•*xᙀᥒ⳽oɾtᥱᑯ ᖴɩɾ⳽t Ƴᥱᥲɾx¨*•.¸♪¸ xᙅᥱᥒtᥱɾ ᙅᖾɩꙆᑯx.•*¨*•.¸ xᕼoᑲᑲɩt Ꙇᥒtᥱɾᥒx♥¸.•*¨*•.¸

(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ Rosa could not believe that it was finally-finally-happening. The train ride had brought immeasurable amounts of boredom and even the slight sugar rush she had after eating some of her uncle's treats couldn't help it pass quicker. Then there was the boat ride (how they made a boat ride across a lake where a KRAKKEN apparently lived boring she'll never know) then a slight hike up to the castle where they had all arrived to the final event. She had stuck close with Mea the entire time not really wanting her cousin out her eyesight while she unconsciously spun her ring dice anxiously as they began to file into a line. She noticed Mea become a bit fidgety and just thought he, like her, was still dealing with the sugar from earlier. But then he stopped in the middle of walking and began clutching his ears like he was in pain, a look she was unfortunately familiar with due to her family, and she immediately tried comforting him but unsure what exactly was happening. Luckily, Lewis had been paying close attention and helped Mea with his hearing aide which had apparently started acting strangely. Her brother stayed with them to act as a translator which was a good thing since Rosa's name got called pretty soon. She gave Mea a quick hug before going over to the stool and allowing the hat to be placed on her. "I know you're like an all knowing hat so I guess I gotta assume you know what you're doing. But still, it never hurts to ask...I just want them to like me. I don't really need a whole lot. Just don't make me the weird kid again."

◊ RESOURCEFUL Very little gets in the way of Rosa and what she's attempting to achieve. When her synethesia began to appear and her numbers appeared drastically different to those around her, she took to making a wheel to show and use her way of thinking. It has also helped with her and Wen's pranks on their older brother.
                                              ◊ ATTENTIVE Rosa makes sure to try and pay attention to the small things and little details. Everything doesn’t have to really match but its the thought that counts!
                                              ◊ HELPFUL She loves meeting and helping others, especially volunteering with her mum or uncles. If there's something she can do to help or elevate a friend, she'll do it almost no questions asked. She even carries a small bag around to help her dad and brother in case they become overwhelmed and a sewing kit for emergencies.
                                              ◊ TRUSTING Rosa honestly wants to believe the best in everyone she meets which automatically means she trusts nearly everything they say or tell her. This can-and has-led to some bad situations but seeing as they're not the majority, she usually discounts them in the grand scheme of things.
                                              ◊ WITTY As it happens when one is raised in a diverse eclectic household, Rosa has a sense of humor few understand or agree with. That does little to deter her and in fact spurs her on even more to find more ludicrous ways to tell or a story or euphemism (whether this is at the other's expense is yet to be determined).
                                              ◊ SELF CONSCIOUS Rosa has very rarely liked being the center of attention as she tends to keep to the side mostly to let others shine. She doesn't see herself as particularly good at anything to stand out so she'll keep things to herself or just never show them to others for fear of being judged. Where there are paintings or clay figurines being seen there are many many others that never saw the light outside a trash can and if she knows an answer to something, no she doesn't.

Spitting out a single joke makes everybody L-O-L
Think you can outdo me? Let me kick you out to somewhere else (Bye-bye)
I always try to do it one by one
But I know with just a single nod, I'm knocking over millions

The Professor set the hat down carefully on the student's head. For a moment the hat was silent before speaking....
The weird kid, hardly!
You've got the stuff to make loads of friends
You'll need a place you can fit in while standing out!
That perfect place for you is....

HUFFLEPUFF!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:26 pm
User Image

AliceInWonderland0921
User ImageUser Image
xx☀ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Great Hall
xxx☼ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? Literally everyone
xxxx☀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sorting!
xxxxx☼ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Wonder where I'll be!

Kavi was excited to be going to Hogwarts and finally joining his big brother at the magical school he'd heard so much about. Walking in with the other first years, he was just as amazed by all the sights and sounds as the other first years. When it came to Sorting, he was a little uneasy at the thought of everyone's eyes being on him, but he reminded himself that it would be a very quick thing and then he could join the table for whichever house he was placed in and that would be it. So he waited patiently for his name to be called before throwing a glance at his brother. Vikram gave him a thumbs up and Kavi smirked before returning the gesture. Moving up to the stool, Kavi took his seat and waited for the hat to be placed upon his head. The boy closed his eyes while he waited for the decision to be made for him as to where he was going to spend the next seven years.

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxFriendly Great at talking to people, funny to a fault, and just a generally nice person to be around, Kavi doesn't have a problem with making and keeping friends. Everyone wants to be his friend.
                                                      xxxxxIntelligent It's not in necessarily a smart way, but Kavi retains a lot of facts about different things and also learns new skills pretty easily. He generally comes off sounding intelligent because he researches a lot of different topics.
                                                      xxxxxObservant Good at noticing things... It could be subtle changes in a person's demeanor to indicate they're angry or sad, or a book that's out of place on the shelf. He's great at finding the proverbial needle in a haystack.
                                                      xxxxxFollower Not usually one to be in the spotlight, Kavi prefers to be a follower rather than a leader. He's happy taking the subservient role and won't often speak out with new ideas.
                                                      xxxxxLoyal The kind of person you can count on, whether you need someone to help you move your furniture, someone you need to talk to, or someone to protect your secrets. You can trust that Kavi will be there to assist you.
                                                      xxxxxAthletic Having been a fan of playing football since he was a child, Kavi's developed a healthy love of all things sports. He enjoys going for runs and breaking a sweat.

Yᴏᴜ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ʟɪᴋᴇ
          Yᴏᴜʀ ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ, ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴡɪɴᴛᴇʀ, ғʀᴇᴇᴢᴇs ᴊᴜsᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪᴄᴇ
          Aɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ᴀ ᴄᴏʟᴅ, ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴛʜᴀᴛ sʜɪɴᴇs ғʀᴏᴍ ʏᴏᴜ
          Yᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ᴡɪɴᴅ ᴜᴘ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʀᴇᴄᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ʜɪᴅᴇ ʙᴇʜɪɴᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴍᴀsᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴜsᴇ
          Aɴᴅ ᴅɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ᴛʜɪs ғᴏᴏʟ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴡɪɴ?
          Wᴇʟʟ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ᴀᴛ ᴍᴇ, I'ᴍ ᴀ-ᴄᴏᴍɪɴ' ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ
          I ɢᴏᴛ ᴀ ᴛᴀsᴛᴇ ᴏғ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪɴ ᴀ sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ᴡᴀʏ
          Aɴᴅ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ I'ᴍ sᴛɪʟʟ sᴛᴀɴᴅɪɴ'
          Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴊᴜsᴛ ғᴀᴅᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʏ

A friendly and loyal sort you are
One with good heart and good soul
I think you'll find your ideal place in...

HUFFLEPUFF!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:33 pm
User Image

AliceInWonderland0921
User ImageUser Image
xx✿ Wʜᴇʀᴇ Aᴍ I? Great Hall
xxx❀ Wʜᴏ Is Wɪᴛʜ Mᴇ? The whole school
xxxx✿ Wʜᴀᴛ's Gᴏɪɴɢ Oɴ? Sorting time!
xxxxx❀ Wʜᴀᴛ's Iɴsɪᴅᴇ Mʏ Hᴇᴀᴅ? Hope I get a view!

Walking into the Great Hall, Morwenna was impressed with the ceiling and recalled everything her parents had told her about the school, thinking that seeing it herself was better than hearing about it. Looking around at everyone sitting at their tables watching them, Wenn waved at anyone she made eye contact with. Looking back up to the podium, she idly hoped that wherever she got placed had a decent view. She always liked the idea of a bird's eye view and she thought back to Isolde, who was still at home for this year. She missed her bird, but her best friend would join her at Hogwarts next year so the girl was okay with that, at least. When she heard her name get called, Morwenna made her way up to the stool. As the hat was placed on her head, she spoke in her head. Alright there Mr Hat, my ole mum reckons you'm can understand what's in me head. Can 'ee plonk me somewhere with a proper grand sight? Wenn glanced over at the girl she'd befriended on the boat and flashed a small excited smile at her.

xxx𝓟𝒆𝓻𝓼𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓵𝓲𝓽𝔂xxx

xxxxxCurious Always looking to learn and experience new things. Not in a book learning way, but more of a practical way, seeking answers in places and spaces others wouldn’t dare to venture.
                                                      xxxxxAdaptable Able to change her behavior and nature to adapt to any situation. Belies a deep-rooted desire for change and growth. She's fueled by wanderlust and a need to experience different things.
                                                      xxxxxBlunt Wenn doesn't sugar coat anything, if she believes something needs to be said, she's going to say it. This can lead to some people believing she's rude and sometimes to confrontations, but she never takes anything too seriously.
                                                      xxxxxOptimistic Believes that everything has a silver lining and is very good at finding the positive in every situation. Because she doesn't take anything too seriously, it's hard to stay mad at her.
                                                      xxxxxIntense "Go big or go home" doesn't begin to describe her. The words 'enough' and 'moderation' don't exist in her vocabulary. Whenever she finds a new fascination, she goes all in, at least until something else catches her eye.
                                                      xxxxxHumorous Not just good at telling jokes and infusing stories with her 'no-nonsense' attitude, she can also light up the room with her exhilarating stories and her infectious laughter. Her personality is effortlessly magnetic and she easily attracts friends.

Wᴏᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪɢʜᴛ sɪᴅᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴇᴅ~ Wʜᴀᴛ's ᴜᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜɪs Pʀɪɴᴄᴇ sᴏɴɢ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴍʏ ʜᴇᴀᴅ?
          Hᴀɴᴅs ᴜᴘ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ ~ 'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ
          Sʟᴇᴘᴛ ɪɴ ᴀʟʟ ᴍʏ ᴄʟᴏᴛʜᴇs ʟɪᴋᴇ I ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ, ʜᴏᴘᴘᴇᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀ ᴄᴀʙ, ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴍᴇ ᴀɴʏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ
          I'ᴍ ɪɴ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ, 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ
          Gᴏᴏᴅ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ɴɪɢʜᴛ! I ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴀᴛ ᴛᴡɪʟɪɢʜᴛ
          Iᴛ's ɢᴏɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ᴀʟʀɪɢʜᴛ! Wᴇ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʀʏ
          'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ's ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴀ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ᴛɪᴍᴇ!

You'd like a grand sight, eh?
You should try looking right under my brim!
Adventurous and Bold, Adaptable and Strong
All things that make you a unique person, they are
And the most ideal for....

GRYFFINDOR!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:41 pm
User Image

Stefan Lee Salvatore
User Image
Erykah Barlow
Unsorted First Year
gaia_sakura Future Clubs will be here gaia_sakura

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say, a fool speaks because he has to say something."

Erykah had a great time on the train, she had talked about books, her life, some other people's lives. It was all around a great time. It would have been even better if Naomi hadn't been glaring daggers at her throughout the entire ride TO the train. She couldn't help it if she just naturally became friends with people, Naomi should try harder. She tried to get Naomi to hang out with her, but instead on the train, Naomi glared at her when she was not looking at her book.

When she got into the Great Hall with her fellow first years, Erykah grinned, the great hall was so magical. She turned to the person next to her, "So how do you like Hogwarts so far?" then her name was called and she skipped up front for the hat to go on her head. "Where am I going to live the next few years Mr. Hat?"

Personality:
Intelligent Erykah loves to learn, especially by talking to other people to learn from their experiences. When she picks up a book, she fully intends to go have a conversation about it in the near future.
Generous When people ask, Erykah is ready to help with anything that’s needed. Whether that’s studying, making food, protecting your friends, Erykah is there for you
Calm Cool and collected is Erykah’s game. She gently puts things down, she stays level headed, and makes rational decisions.
Creative Erykah likes to make things, to be artsy. She prefers to use things that are brand new, not using recycled junk. She’s going to make things and bring some beauty to the world.
Talkative Erykah is not great at being quiet, she wants to be doing something always, especially if it means she can talk to people while doing other things. Reading? Talk to others about it while reading. Crafting? Tell people what she’s doing. Sleeping? She’s talking.

"Good thing that rule doesn't apply to me - for I am no man. Let's chat."

Setting:
Thinking about:
Wearing:

_____

_____

Creative and kind you are,
And quite bright to boot!
I think you'll find your lot in...

RAVENCLAW!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:48 pm
User Image

murruelecreuset
User Image User Image
Rebecca Mary Levy
Unsorted First Year
Adopted Muggleborn
xxxLittle Crafterxxx

Location : Great Hall ~ Sorting (2062)
                                                  Company : Students & Staff

Rebecca said goodbye to her parents and headed onto the train along with her sisters. Book in hand she kept herself occupied until they arrived at the Hogsmeade station. Just before arrival she flipped into her robes and headed off the express. It was then they were taken by boat to the castle. The view arriving was amazing, straight out of a fairytale. This would be her home for the next seven years. Rebecca couldn’t begin to fathom what those years would hold. She could only hope they’d be some of the best.

Upon entering the great hall, Becky looked around in awe. From the grand space to the ceiling itself it was amazing. This school was rather impressive for far. Waiting for her name to be called, the small brunette waited for her name to be called. It was hard to figure where she’d end up, but she hoped it would be with her family. At least then she wouldn’t be alone. Walking up to the stool, Becky took a seat and looked to the tables to find her sisters. ‘Please let me be with my sisters...” she thought as she waited for the sorting hat’s verdict.

OOC :

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      ■ BASHFUL Becky right off the bat is quiet and a bit of a shy girl. She doesn’t like being in the spotlight and tends to worry when she is. To say she’s not always sure of herself would not be wrong though she tries not to think about it. As such, she’s not quick to share her thoughts or feelings with others right away. Though she’s full of them for sure. With time she will come to share things with others.
                                                      ■ INQUISITVE Becky has a large curiosity. She likes to know things and she prefers to ask loads of questions. Though it takes her time before she does so, the moment she warms up be ready. At times she can come off a bit on the nosy side, but she truly means well. Luckily her curiosity leads her to books more so then people which keeps her out of trouble.
                                                      ■ STUDIOUS Her enjoyment of books certainly helps with Becky’s studies. She could bury herself in textbooks and be content. If there is a book to learn it, she’ll read it. She has a large attention span for reading for hours on end. Not to mention a great attention to detail. Recalling a lot of information that she’s read from memory. Her studies are pretty important to her and they are something she deeply values.
                                                      ■ DETERMINATION Becky is a determined girl especially when it comes to her grades. She will spend all day and all night improving herself. Once she sets her mind to something there is just no stopping her, no matter how out there her mind takes her. At times it can lead her to do some pretty crazy things though it’s nothing she can’t handle. She still has that enthusiasm for the things that she had when she was a young. It fuels her into doing everything she can to complete her task.
                                                      ■ ARTISTIC Becky has always been one for art. When she needs a break from books (despite how rare that is), she turns to her creative side. She’s always got something floating around her head just dying to get out. Whether it be doodles on some scrap of paper or a rough craft in the making, she takes pride in her work. Becky shows a lot of passion for the things she creates, even if her ideas don’t always work out.

xxx “Art is not what you see, but what you make others see”xxx

Like the pages of a great adventure,
You've always got to turn another.
Your family legacy's strong
And you can do no wrong in....

RAVENCLAW!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:54 pm
User Image

murruelecreuset
User Image User Image
Naomi Judith Lovette
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Unsorted First Year
Pureblood Eleven Year Old

Location : Great Hall ~ Sorting (2062)
                                                  Company : Students & Professors

Naomi had stuck with her sister Luna up until they arrived at Hogsmeade station. She was grateful to have her older sister for company, even if she enjoyed her solitude. Getting into her robes, the young girl made her way off the train. Looking around at the busy platform. Why did there have to be so many people… “You got this Ni, I’ll see you at the castle okay.” Luna assured her before heading off towards the carriages.

Taking a big breath, Naomi followed after their guide towards the lake. The crowd at least shrunk by this point, but she knew the hall would be full of people. Finding a boat, she took the trip across the lake toward the castle. It was big and she imagined she’d be lost within the week. Heading into the great hall, Naomi was not prepared for a hall full of people. It was a major dislike of hers and she’d rather have avoided the whole thing. Couldn’t they just sort her in a quiet room somewhere…?

When her name was called, Naomi stood in the group of first years for a moment. Her legs not wanting to move until she heard her name be called a second time. Slowly walking over to the stool, she took a seat. ‘Please make this quick...’ She thought. Staring out at the tables of students, Naomi tried to stay calm as all eyes were on her. Once she found the table with blue and bronze adorn wearing students, her eyes searched for her sister. Gaze finally finding her she knew she’d be okay. Despite her heart pounding she could get through this. ‘Where am I going to be?’ She questioned in her head just wanting it to be over. Not that it would fix her crowded feeling.

OOC :

xxxP E R S O N A L I T Y xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                      ■ SOLITARY Naomi likes her alone time and is quite the introvert. She tends to keep to herself and avoids having to talk to most people. As such she comes off as being rather shy at first. Though don't let that fool you. Despite her quiet nature and lack of confidence she can open her shell when she wants too.
                                                      ■ ARTISTIC Music is Naomi’s way of life. She loves playing it, though her confidence to play in front of others is lacking. She also loves to write music which is something she does in her free time. She will always find something to write about. Most of her artistic talent comes from her father, who she’s spent a large amount of time with. No surprise there.
                                                      ■ OUTSPOKEN Despite her quiet demeanor, Naomi can be very forward at time. If she thinks something she’d not afraid to share her opinion. She wouldn’t go so far as to say she was over the edge in her candidness, and it shows she picks her words carefully when discussing difficult topics. At least you could say she is honest when it comes to her feelings.
                                                      ■ CONSIDERATE Naomi even when speaking out on things she feels strongly about is thoughtful of others. Picking her words carefully at times. She doesn’t push herself onto others and understands everyone is different. She will always take other’s thoughts and feelings into account. Something she one hundred percent gets from her mum.
                                                      ■ REALISTIC Naomi is not one for believing in the unobtainable. She’s a realist knowing some things just aren’t meant to be. Even if it can come off as being a bit cynical, she just doesn’t want the heart break later. She’d like to think she had a health dose of rational thinking.
                                                      ■ INTELLIGENT It’s no surprise that with her way of thinking Naomi can be rather smart. She like the rest of her family is rather clever and pretty intuitive. Though a lot of her knowledge comes from reading books, if she doesn’t know something she’s one to try and figure things out. She might not be the hardest hitter when it comes to hitting the books, but she is one to learn all she can so long as it interests her.

Quick is something I can do,
Though a rushed job this won't be!
Thoughtful, wise and creative
I quite think you'll fit well in....

RAVENCLAW!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:39 pm
User Image

Graydon Ironshield
User Image
Racheal Ross-Kinkade
Unsorted │ First Year │ Eleven Years Old │ Single

Rey found herself staring up at the ceiling of the Great Hall, wondering, and not for the first time today, if this was where she belonged. Ever since Miss Nora appeared upon the doorstep of her foster grandmother’s house and delivered to her the letter from the Deputy Headmistress, she felt as though she’d been cast adrift in the sea with no sign of land anywhere around. Rey walked out of the house she’d started to regard as her home for the last time today, said her farewells to the family she’d started to feel it might be safe to think herself part of, and now she was here.

Wonder if Holly will dream of me tonight, or did the men in the black coats do a more thorough with the Kinkades than they did me?’ It wasn’t a thought she cared to dwell on. ‘As it stands, I’m no more a Kinkade than I am a Ross, and ‘Racheal’ feels like it belongs to somebody else, somebody who isn’t supposed to be here, or anywhere else. Miss Nora said she’d come get Rosie and I to spend Christmas, and be with her family. I hope it works out. Finn said something about inviting me to a Christmas party; I guess the Greys have a big party, and he said it’s a lot of fun, but I don’t want to intrude, or get lost in the crowd, not like this morning.’

Since Finn found her after getting lost in the throng of all the taller folk in black robes and dark clothing, Rey stuck close to her friend. They boarded the Hogwarts Express, and were directed towards a compartment where Finn’s cousin, Ella was sitting on a seat, while this ginormous dog was occupying the entire bench seat on the other side. To show Rey how friendly the big wolfhound was, he came over and gave him a big hug, receiving a big wet tongue across the side of his face in return. Rosie simply cowered in her carrier, since she was small enough, her feline companion almost fit in Blannat’s mouth, but Rey held out her hand to at least show him she was no threat. The dog sniffed at her, no doubt smelling Rosie on her, and then gently licked her hand before letting her pet him.

During the ride northwards, at some point Finn got out a box lunch Mrs. Grey was kind enough to assemble, with enough for all of them, including Linsey, when she wasn’t otherwise occupied with her duties as a Prefect and Head Girl, to share in. It was simple, old fashioned country cooking, comfort food for the long train ride up into the Highlands. While Rey had the snack box Miss Nora gave her, she saved it for later, though she passed cat treats off to Rosie, who wasn’t enjoying the ride at all.

During the break she took, Linsey and Finn started explaining to her what was happening, and what was soon to come once they arrived in Hogsmeade, and the basics of the House system, which was a rather alien custom for a kid accustomed to the public education system. ‘I guess Wizarding folk do things differently than…err… ‘not-Wizarding -folk’? Guess I can’t really say ‘regular people’, since apparently, I was never ‘regular’ to begin with, which explains a lot about me.’ It was a lot to take in, and the combination of that, the hot potato soup, fluffy biscuits and these wonderful shortbread cookies, and the rhythm of their magic carpet made of steel, caused Rey to doze off, snuggled under a blanket one of the Greys thoughtfully brought along.

Rey was roused from her carb-induced coma not long before the train pulled into the station, giving her time to unpack and don her black school robes and the pointy hat that came with it. It was a far cry from the dark blue public-school jacket she wore at her old school. The thought caused her to wonder if her friends there still remembered her, or if the men in the black coats got to them too. She also noted her robes bore no crest, unlike the others, just as her school tie was devoid of colours. ‘Guess they get exchanged or something once they figure what House I get…Sorted into.’ At one point Rey asked how Sorting worked, Linsey and Finn merely smiled, and told her she needed to wait and find out for herself.

It was well past dusk when the train arrived at Hogsmeade Station, and not long afterwards Linsey showed up and took care her kinfolk and she got off the train and stayed together, as it was far too easy to get lost, and Rey was already misplaced once this day. Rey stared in abject horror at the skeletal horse-things drawing the carriages most of the students were loading up into, but Linsey quickly steered her away. “Cad é an ifreann fuilteach iad siúd…” she began to say aloud, reverting to her mother tongue, crossing herself at the sight of the loathsome creatures. Linsey placed a comforting hand upon her shoulder, and said to her in a gentle voice, “ Ní gá duit smaoineamh ar an oíche seo, lass. Bí ar a suaimhneas agus tá a fhios agat nach ndéanfaidh siad dochar duit. Cosnaíonn an Tiarna iad siúd a shiúlann ina chéimeanna. Is anseo a imíonn ár gcosán ar feadh tamaill, cé go ngeallaim duit go bhfeicfimid a chéile suas sa chaisleán roimh i bhfad.”

Rey was led towards where the other incoming students with plain robes were gathering. Linsey smiled, and she said softly, “This was where my journey at Hogwarts began, so it will be for you as well. You will soon see sights you will never wish to forget, and you’ll be Sorted once you get up to the castle. Just remember this: you have a three in four chance of already knowing somebody in one of the four Houses, so you will not be along for long. If you get Sorted into Ravenclaw, finding me will not be hard: I’ll be at the front of the table cheering the loudest. Bon chance, Rey.”

After walking through some woods, Rey was led to a lake, the waters of which seemed as black as ink and impenetrably deep. She rode across in a tiny boat, while holding a lantern aloft, and before long she got to see the castle perched on a rise after sailing silently past a narrow spit of land which had obscured it from view previously. All her fears were temporarily allayed as she gazed upwards at the magical castle, its windows lit and welcoming, while an impossibly bright field of stars framed it from above.

Now, she was here, in this hall, filled with other students, while the teachers sat at the table on the dais at the opposite end of the room. When the Deputy Headmistress called her name, it took a moment for Rey to register the call was meant for her. She walked up to where there was a stool for her to sit upon as a singing and talking hat was to be placed upon her. Now, she understood why she was told to wait and find out, as she would have doubted any claims until seeing it herself. Rey told herself she needed to be brave, as she sat down on the stool and the brim of the ancient leather hat settled upon the bridge of her nose. She thought, ‘Okay, Mister Hat, dunno how you do all of this, but its neat. This is all new to me, and I’m not sure how brave or clever or whatever else I need to be, but what I do know is that I need some place to belong, and an open window to sleep by. You can do that, right?”

Personality:

■ Loyal- Because the people in my life have a habit of going away, I really hang on to the friends I have, and whatever family I might have at any given time.
■ Compassionate- I’m one who tries to see things from as many viewpoints as possible, and try to be mindful of everyone’s feelings. I’m willing to give others the benefit of the doubt before judging their words or their actions
■ Long Fuse- Because of the fact I tend to view things from differing viewpoints, its hard for me to get angry and stay angry.
■ Stubborn- But don’t take that as license to think I’m a pushover. When I have an opinion or take a side in things, that’s bloody well it.
■ Cynic- Dunno if that’s too strong a word, but being on my third set of parents, I’ve learned to expect little reminders from the world of how much it sucks. Things break and people die, it’s the way of the world, I guess.
■ Sharp- I’ve got a good memory, maybe too good, because I remember things I’d rather forget

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "Precious and fragile things, need special handling
                  My God what have we done to you?

We always try to share, the tenderest of care
                  Now look what we have put you through

Things get damaged, things get broken
                  I thought we'd manage, but words left unspoken
                  Left us so brittle, there was so little left to give "

How I do this all is my concern,
New to you will make you learn!
You can be whatever you choose,
But if family's what you're after,
Then there's really no other choice!

HUFFLEPUFF!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:55 pm
User Image

kiska166
User Image

╔══════════════════════════╗
                                              Wolfrik Knapp
                                              Eleven Years Old - First Year - Unsorted - Halfblood
                                              ╚══════════════════════════╝

Wolfrik stayed fairly quiet during his trip to Hogsmeade, and even more quiet on the boat rides to the castle. He didn’t expect the castle to look so horrifyingly large and ominous, despite the fact that his older siblings had told him about their first trips to Hogwarts when they were his age. He decided to instead watch the world around him, whether it was the views or watching other kids. A few sat with him, but he mostly kept to himself and read during lulls in conversation. Once inside the castle, Wolf filed along with his classmates, waiting as patiently as he could to be called and sorted into a house. He wondered which House he’d be sorted into. Perhaps into Gryffindor with Zack and Xeno, but probably more likely into Ravenclaw with Yarrick. About halfway through the alphabet, they finally landed on the last names that started with ‘K’, and when his name was called, Wolfrik made his way to sit on the stool, awaiting the Sorting Hat’s placement on his head.

UNFOOLABLE Wolfrik is intelligent and analyzes situations critically. Due to this nature, he is seldom tricked or misled.
                                              UNDERSTANDING Wolf is very compassionate when it comes to others' feelings as he knows that being a human and surviving everyday can be challenging. At the end of the day, everyone is just doing their best.
                                              CONTEMPLATIVE Wolfrik is a deep thinker and very introspective. He typically analyzes what he and others do in an attempt to figure out what made them that way.
                                              SOLEMN Wolfrik considers his words before speaking as he understands how much of an impact they can have on others. He is usually quite serious about how he makes others feel, and never intends to make anyone feel bad.
                                              POLITICAL Wolf has a keen interest in understanding power dynamics and the intricacies of social structures. He likes to know what others are thinking and how they got to their conclusions.
                                              FICKLE Although Wolfrik is very careful when it comes to others' feelings, he tends to be inconsistent in his own thoughts and feelings, and can be easily swayed to a differing opinion on a matter. He tends to struggle with making firm decisions.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

People t a l k i n g without s p e a k i n g
                                              P e o p l e hearing w i t h o u t listening

You've sure got a good head on your shoulders.
Independent and strong, you'd sure be hard to fool!
Someone as analytical as you belongs in...

SLYTHERIN!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:50 am
User Image

Gabe had been excited since this morning. They went to get a nice big breakfast to celebrate today and try as he might he could not beat dad in pancake eating. Soon they would make it to the platform and got lots of mom hugs as dad loaded his stuff. After the airborne dad hugs he had to board the train. He made sure to wave long as he could before mom and dad were out of view.

The train ride He just couldn't remain still and wandered the halls a lot. He did stay put long enough for the treat trolley to arrive. Getting off the platform he didn't take long to find the other first year's which he was a head taller than. Seeing the castle for the first time it was way better than the pictures mom and dad had from when they were here.

Before long they were entering the great hall. Gabe was starry eyes looking at the ceiling. He almost bumped the person in front of him when they stopped. He didn't see the dragon Uncle Iggy had mentioned. While disappointing he did find the prank funny. He jumped a bit hearing his name. They were going by last name which put him sooner than he thought.

Sitting on the stool he felt the hat get put on him. ‘Hey Mr Hat! You sound like Mister. If you think it's ok can I be where mom and dad where? It's ok if that's not a good fit tho! That's more important!’ Gabe thought, trying not to fidget and be still.

FRIENDLY Soonest is a stranger to Gabe! Everyone is a potential friend! He will happily start conversations and enjoys small talk
                                                              EXPRESSIVE Gabe doesn't hide how he feels. If he's upset he find a soapbox to yell it from. Happy you might just find him skipping the halls
                                                              STUBBORN Gabe has always hated the word no and doesn't like to admit when he's wrong. He will die on a hill if he has too
                                                              AMBITIOUS whether it is good grades or beating a level in a video game Gabe will make sure he gets it done or does his best. He doesn't like half doing something and hates waiting to finish things
                                                              PROTECTIVE object or friend Gabe is clingy and likes to keep things safe and not broken. He may refuse to share something if he's worried it might get hurt. He will also start a fight for a good friend.
                                                              SILLY Gabe loves to be goofy and do stupid non dangerous things. He finds the stupidest joke hilarious and loves a good harmless prank.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:49 pm
User Image

CatWaffle
User Image

Gabe had been excited since this morning. They went to get a nice big breakfast to celebrate today and try as he might he could not beat dad in pancake eating. Soon they would make it to the platform and got lots of mom hugs as dad loaded his stuff. After the airborne dad hugs he had to board the train. He made sure to wave long as he could before mom and dad were out of view.

The train ride He just couldn't remain still and wandered the halls a lot. He did stay put long enough for the treat trolley to arrive. Getting off the platform he didn't take long to find the other first year's which he was a head taller than. Seeing the castle for the first time it was way better than the pictures mom and dad had from when they were here.

Before long they were entering the great hall. Gabe was starry eyes looking at the ceiling. He almost bumped the person in front of him when they stopped. He didn't see the dragon Uncle Iggy had mentioned. While disappointing he did find the prank funny. He jumped a bit hearing his name. They were going by last name which put him sooner than he thought.

Sitting on the stool he felt the hat get put on him. ‘Hey Mr Hat! You sound like Mister. If you think it's ok can I be where mom and dad where? It's ok if that's not a good fit tho! That's more important!’ Gabe thought, trying not to fidget and be still.

FRIENDLY Soonest is a stranger to Gabe! Everyone is a potential friend! He will happily start conversations and enjoys small talk
                                                              EXPRESSIVE Gabe doesn't hide how he feels. If he's upset he find a soapbox to yell it from. Happy you might just find him skipping the halls
                                                              STUBBORN Gabe has always hated the word no and doesn't like to admit when he's wrong. He will die on a hill if he has too
                                                              AMBITIOUS whether it is good grades or beating a level in a video game Gabe will make sure he gets it done or does his best. He doesn't like half doing something and hates waiting to finish things
                                                              PROTECTIVE object or friend Gabe is clingy and likes to keep things safe and not broken. He may refuse to share something if he's worried it might get hurt. He will also start a fight for a good friend.
                                                              SILLY Gabe loves to be goofy and do stupid non dangerous things. He finds the stupidest joke hilarious and loves a good harmless prank.

Your mom and dad, you say?
Don't worry, I remember them well!
And, to your delight, I see a lot of them in you.
You'll serve your family well in...

SLYTHERIN!

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 180 181 182 183

Manage Your Items