Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
So Dris saw Santana on Wednesday :] [pics and vids]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Den Dristige Djevelen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:48 pm
~*~

And it was fuuunnnnnnnn

I woke up to a text from Mom saying I had to be ready when she got home from work, and when I inquired as to why, she informed me that she'd scored lawn tickets.
Needless to say, we were all quite excited.

So that evening, we hopped in the car after a quick dinner.

User Image

And found a good spot that was close to the back sidewalk so Mom wouldn't have to walk too far (A permanent knee brace makes for not-so-easy transport of oneself).

User Image

Complete with some fun views in front of us:

User Image

The people on the left were all over each other the entire time, especially after a few guitar-shaped margaritas, and the people on the right would NOT SIT DOWN. EVER.

There was also this adorable lesbian couple chillin' way off to our right. They were SO CUTE.

Steve Winwood, of Higher Love and Valerie opened for the band and got all the hippies going

Then out came the main attraction.
And everyone went batshit crazy.

I didn't get many pictures, as it was dark, but I did get the killer moon that was going on

User Image

And a few shitty video clips

Maria Maria, complete with the fat woman who stood right in front of us in EVERY SONG, and with my brother providing enthusiastic fan vocals
One of Carlos's many solos
Black Magic Woman, in which I was trying to film and watch my brother at the same time (see below ((You can actually hear him laughing in the background around 45 seconds in)))

[Two more will arrive once Photobucket decides to actually finish uploading them. >.>]

They did a lot of instrumental parts between songs, which was both awesome and a bit fidget-causing, but there was one kickass bass solo that had me drooling.

You will j**z.

Another highlight of the night was my poor brother getting such a contact high from the weed smoke going around that he was completely stoned for most of it. I got video footage, but I've been forbidden by numerous family members, him included, to put them on the internet. I will tell you a few things he did instead.
1. Counted the steps leading down from the lawn, and exclaiming his joy over finding that they were all 7, his favorite number.
2. Tried to eat the air, commanding us to be quiet or it would get away.
3. Laughed hysterically every time my sister turned around to look at him while he was sprawled on the blankets watching the sky, which he
4. Kept pointing up to and saying, "She is HOT."
5. Flipped out when one of the people behind us waved a glowstick in front of him

Yeeeaaaahhhh.
He was a little hungover yesterday, but otherwise fine.

All around a good night.

~*~

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:53 pm
You seem to've had fun. And Santan's the s**t.
I'm pretty jealous.
And you're pretty pretty.

Green shirt guy in the third pic looks like my friend Grant.

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:22 pm
That first pic is the best. XDD  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:12 pm
I am so envious! Santana is an amazing guitarist smile  

scrub
Crew

Herr Sinne

Beloved Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:38 am
Would you hate me if I told you I used to own a guitar played and signed by him.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:16 am
Stream Line Ego
Would you hate me if I told you I used to own a guitar played and signed by him.
~*~

No.

But that doesn't mean I'm not JEALOUS AS HELL. -tackles-

~*~

Den Dristige Djevelen

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items