Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pictures
My beardies and other animals- New Pics of Chickies!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ikara Emberhawk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:13 am
Little Bunny Fufu
I adopted Fufu when she was only about 1 month old and verrrrrrrry tiny. Small enough to hold with one hand, at least about the size of a kitten. Anyways, she's my little sweetheart. She gives me kisses when I greet her and loves to sit on my lap when she's not running around the house. She's pretty well litter trained, but likes to chew wires so she stays in her cage unless she's supervised. :T
Recently found her mate. heart
User ImageUser Image

Volvagia
Father was a Citrus, mother was a red. Hoping he turns out to be vibrant yellow like his daddy. :3 You can't see in this picture, but he's a light burnt orange with bright orange gradient in his marks on his back.
He's a lot mellower than Stall. Doesn't really have an interesting back story. Me and my boyfriend picked him out and decided on his name, though. Both of these dragons are Zelda themed, hence the Gerudo desert scenery in Stall's tank and the death mountain theme to Vol's tank.
User Image

Stallord
His right arm is gimp from the elbow down, and it was initially going to be amputated, but he's able to use it anyways so he didn't need it (and he was too young for surgery.) I had to pick him up from a Petco's back room (where the injured and gimp animals are kept and given the most amateur health care. He was being fed meal worms. We also decided he was mishandled, and this is why his arm was crushed and there were kinks in his tail.) Anyways, I rescued him and decided to keep him myself. He's way friendlier than Vol, and a lot more curious. He's the prettiest bone ivory color. heart
User Image
User Image
User Image

Also, both of them have these little white bottle caps with a hibiscus flower printed on them in their tanks. I noticed Volvagia walking up to one on the floor of my room once and licking it every time he passed it, so I put one in their tanks. They still walk up to them and lick them when they're walking around the tank. You can see one next to the dragon skull in Stallord's tank in the photo above.

User Image
Scarlett and Cucko
Still iffy on their names, but the picture is from when I first got them. They had only a couple wing feathers and an egg tooth, so I estimate they were 5-7 days old. Cucko's name doesn't feel right to me, but I never refer to them or call them by their names, so I doubt I'll ever be solid on a name for either of them since I would say their names so little. Anyways, here's more pictures as each week goes by.
User ImageUser Image
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:31 am
both so cute! Love the theme. I'd love to have a beardie one day, but mother wouldn't let me. And I'll be to busy once I first move out most likely (moving in, looking after pets I've already aquired, earning money etc). Plus I don't know the first thing about caring for lizards (yet).
Again, those are such cool tanks!  

DeeSpark

Ikara Emberhawk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:28 am
Katie-Q Loves You
both so cute! Love the theme. I'd love to have a beardie one day, but mother wouldn't let me. And I'll be to busy once I first move out most likely (moving in, looking after pets I've already aquired, earning money etc). Plus I don't know the first thing about caring for lizards (yet).
Again, those are such cool tanks!

Thanks. ^^
I wanted to find a way to add a more volcanic theme to Volvagia's tank, but I guess I'll just print out some sort of background to tape to the back. razz
Originally I wanted his basking rock to be a volcano. I'm proud of the set up I gave him anyways though, since the rocks are like a little playground for him. Had no idea he could get to the top of that triangular rock in the background there, it's bigger than it looks.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:39 pm
It's surprising how much chickens grow every day! They've at least double in size for the week I've had them.  

Ikara Emberhawk

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:17 pm
Ikara Emberhawk
It's surprising how much chickens grow every day! They've at least double in size for the week I've had them.
they grow so fast its scary XD I actually did a "grow with me gallery" on neopets with my first few chicks I had,and it was amazing,by about 8 weeks,they couldnt fit in the box XD if your chicks had food available,and still had their egg tooth,I would imagine they were less than 3 days,because ours have always lost theirs before 3-4 days old when they had food (the only time they didnt,was when we got a shipment in from a hatchery,and they had no food for 3 days,so nothing to pick it off of)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:55 am
Cowgirl-with-heart
Ikara Emberhawk
they grow so fast its scary XD I actually did a "grow with me gallery" on neopets with my first few chicks I had,and it was amazing,by about 8 weeks,they couldnt fit in the box XD if your chicks had food available,and still had their egg tooth,I would imagine they were less than 3 days,because ours have always lost theirs before 3-4 days old when they had food (the only time they didnt,was when we got a shipment in from a hatchery,and they had no food for 3 days,so nothing to pick it off of)

Yep, they had the egg toothies and food when I got them.
I was too lazy to take photos of them lately, but I think I took another photo about a week ago. I'm so used to watching birds grow so quickly that other things like reptiles make me impatient because of how slowly they grow in size.
My flash drive isn't working, so I can't upload more chicky photos yet, but they have head feathers now, and they're starting to grow the red bumpy things on their beaks. They fly and jump around when I let them out every day, and they love riding around on my shoulders. When they stop growing, I'm going to have to get them a fitted flight suit so they don't poop all over me. x3  

Ikara Emberhawk

Pictures

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff