Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
I love Google I love Google I love Google

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:24 am
I would marry Google if I could.
They make my life easy <3 I hate to think of how people did SEO before Google Webmaster tools were around. I love that I just have to submit my sites to them and Google Bot crawls the pages and ranks them automatically (: And analytics are amazing for someone like me who manages marketing as well as web building.

Also, I just got a HTC Desire (basically the same as the Nexus, but with a few extra things from HTC) that runs Google's Android OS. Omg. It is amazzzingggg. It satisfies all my nerdy, shiny needs.

And Google have changed our world so much. Everything these just is "just Google it". I don't use a phone book any more. I don't know anyone who does. You want to find something - just jump online and punch it into Google.

Chome is also amazing, I don't care what anyone says. It's so smooth and sexy and (mine is, thanks to themes) insanely pink :D

I love Google!  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:46 am
Chrome is awesome. It gets a bad rap.
It's all I use anymore.

Renard Muldrake

Clean Capitalist

6,200 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100

de.Lici.ous
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:14 am
Renard Muldrake
Chrome is awesome. It gets a bad rap.
It's all I use anymore.

I've found people who don't like it, don't like it because it "spies" on you. But I don't give a damn if Google spy on me, I don't have anything to hide xD  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:16 am
I am on the fence with Chrome.

It runs fine most of the time, but if it wants to go slow and ******** up, it REALLY will go slow and ******** up.

It lacks most of the features I use on Gaia, and sometimes it crashes which brings me to my next point.

Session Restore.

For me, half of the time it doesn't give me a session restore, and if you're like me, you have a lot of tabs open.

Chrome is okay, I just like to use Firefox.  

ecopper12

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:03 am
How does it "spy" on you? I've never heard of this before. o:

I've been using Chrome since a little before I rebuilt my computer because IE always hates me and Firefox was starting to crash 3x a day. It's alright. Nothing I really hate, nothing I love. Sort of like I am with FF. It's better than IE, and that's really all I care about.

I use the phone book. XD;
Partly because I live in a small town and not everything is on Yahoo! Business or have its own website.

@Ecopper
That's when you open a new tab to the "New Tab Page" and look at the bottom. Ninty-nine percent of the time, the tabs will pop up under "Recently Closed" as "5 Tabs" or whatever number.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:13 am
I'd marry True Blood if I could...even if the last episode was stupid.  

comfylove
Crew

Rose Mitsubushi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:02 am
I must disown you from being a friend Lici.
User Image
(That's my 'oh no girl in the morning' face)
I have and iPhone with a Yahoo case.

I'm just kidding, I don't have anything against Google or the phone.
You know how everyone says "Google it"
My dad and I have gotten use to saying "Yahoo it"
We got tired of my mom throwing things at us.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:34 am
A very longtime ago, there was a search engine called alltheweb.net which was in my opinion once very superior to Google. Not only could you search for mp3 format files and download them without the hassel even if the website redirected to a 404 or defunct websites.

In ALL of the places I've worked since 2008 the old factory for GM engine blocks and the two various mechanic garages for servicing cars we have used Google as a reference and to actually buy scavenged parts for older no longer provided for cars from mostly every company. Even my new co-workers at BMW admit to using Google to find a quick mechanical reference when it comes to servicing vehicles.  

Kosai Avonej

Elder

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:30 pm
Google is a IT Technicians best friend.
No one can know everything regarding every model of hardware and software... or like, memorise every error code. So anything that isn't on the knowledge base as a previously solved problem gets Googled, you just need technical expertise to use the correct search terms for symptoms.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:45 pm
Rose Mitsubushi
I must disown you from being a friend Lici.
User Image
(That's my 'oh no girl in the morning' face)
I have and iPhone with a Yahoo case.

I'm just kidding, I don't have anything against Google or the phone.
You know how everyone says "Google it"
My dad and I have gotten use to saying "Yahoo it"
We got tired of my mom throwing things at us.

HTC isn't by Google, just the Android OS that my HTC is running. Android is amazing xD

Comfy: I'd marry True Blood too xD I haven't started watching the third season yet! D: I'm almost finished the 8th book though xD

Pain: Apparently it's security policies are a bit lax and people say that they can look at what you're doing online as well as stuff on your hard drive, apparently? I don't know how believeable it is xD

Also, Chrome is a web designer's best friend. And a lazy (bad) coder's best friend xD It fixes my mistakes :P  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:20 am
For me, mozilla-based browsers (firefox, flock, seamonkey) work the fastest. But that's only because I have tons of RAM and a good CPU. Chrome, though lighter, is slower because it doesn't call on as many resources. Thus isn't using my rig to the fullest extent. Plus FF has tons of addons that I find myself using often (noscript, skipscreen, adblock plus, WOT, firebug, etc.) Also Chrome's GUI isn't my style. I like the crisp feel of firefox and seamonkey (not so much flock) and plus you got tons of awesome skins for firefox as well (redshift, aerofox, etc.) Overall, I think firefox (with flock and seamonkey) is the best browser with Opera in second and Chrome in third.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:37 am
PainfullyVivid
How does it "spy" on you? I've never heard of this before. o:

I've been using Chrome since a little before I rebuilt my computer because IE always hates me and Firefox was starting to crash 3x a day. It's alright. Nothing I really hate, nothing I love. Sort of like I am with FF. It's better than IE, and that's really all I care about.

I use the phone book. XD;
Partly because I live in a small town and not everything is on Yahoo! Business or have its own website.

By using Chrome you allow Google to save every search and visited website for 9 months.

That doesn't bother me, what does bother me is how it's supposed to be super fast but chugs along with .gifs and flash files way more then Firefox, having a horrible computer you quicky notice things. Of course that's just some fly vomit in a vast ocean of pudding. I really, really love the larger screen and never ending tabs, I can ever so easily scrounge around T.V. Tropes. They're all good though, Firefox and Chrome I mean.  

Supar Ingimon

Toxic Fatcat

MisterMaurice

Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:49 am
My "so-called" friend wants me to revert to Firefox, because of the new Add-ons. :/
Even with that being said, Firefox is still slower than a snail with superglue. :/

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games