Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Veganism

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you a vegitarian of any kind?
  Yes
  No
View Results

[Comic.Explosion]
Vice Captain

Gracious Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:23 pm
I have always been interested in Vegans / Vegitarians. Are there any in the guild that want to share their story?

Personally, I couldn't find myself to not eat meat / animal products at all...but it is pretty neat how they find ways to substitute things in and make it taste the same.

Here is just some info that I found while searching online, other things I didn't know razz

Total Vegetarians eat only plant food. They do not eat any animal foods, including fish, eggs, dairy products, and honey.

Vegans not only omit all animal products from their diets, but they also eliminate them from the rest of their life. Vegans use nothing from animals, such as leather, wool, and silk.

Lacto-Vegetarians will include dairy products into their diet of plant food.

Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarians eat both eggs and dairy products.

Pesco-Vegetarians include fish into their diets.

Pollo-Vegetarians eat poultry, such as chicken, turkey, and duck.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:11 pm
I love chicken, baked desserts, and dairy products too much to even think about going that route. I try to respect everyone's choices in life, though. I have been pretty close friends with a few Lacto-ovo-vegetarians in the past. I never did ask them why they decided to walk that path, but I do know that growing up on a chicken farm will cause you to never want to eat chicken because I have a friend whose mother won't eat chicken for just that reason.  

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games