Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Psionic Power!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:05 pm
So, my LGS had Psionic Power when I went to play MtG today, so i bought it. I'm still looking through it, but seems pretty solid.

every class got one new build, there's two bloodline feats, which anyone on DDI will be familiar with, but for those of you not, you take a feat and get to be more than just your basic race. Elan or Foulborn.

if anyone wants to know anything more i'd be happy to divulge.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:16 pm
Some things after giving the book a closer read:
ardent's new build focuses on striker secondary, improving speed and damage from the mantle features, the suggested options say Dex secondary, but the option has a damage bonus based on Con, and no power or path riders include dexterity.

battlemind build focuses on teleporting, and is controller secondary. Again, suggesting Dex secondary, but not a lot of Dex riders, i think only one path cares about it.

Monk build is con-based and weapon-focused, with riders similar to fighter powers on some powers. there's also a path that lets you fly when you would shift, which i found kinda cool.

Shaper Psion brings summoning to the psionic power source. Additionally, the shaper focus gives you one poer that lets you make a conjuration that you can see, and hear from, as well as use as the origin square of psion powers. plus Minor creation, which lets you make any weapon or adventuring gear object (or anything else at DM's discretion) that lasts until the end of the encounter.

Additionally, Psion paths include the Alienist, if you liked the old presige class, and the thrallherd, which combines the beastmaster ranger, the cohort from 3.5's leadership feat, and good old soul crushing mind control to get you a sidekick.

several cool feats, of note are the above mentioned bloodline feats, which include the ones that give you the bloodline, and some extras to expand on it, like the dhampyr had, including a paragon feat to give a foulborn darksight, and an epic feat that lets an elan recover a power point for free at the end of their first turn each encounter.

also of note are the augment feats, which give you an okay bonus, and let you spend power points to improve the bonus, either for a turn, or after some trigger.

5 paragon paths for any psionic, and one for monks only (which lets you walk on any liquid or vertical surface, among other things, at 30th level), plus magic items: superior ki foci, magic ki foci (including ones to make your attacks deal lightning or thunder damage) and ones with augmentable powers like in the PHB3.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

5Crispy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:15 am
Any good multiclass feats?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:09 pm
InfChaos
Any good multiclass feats?
one that gives you a powerpoint, psionic augmentation, and counts as a multiclass for whichever psionic class you want. the rest have multiclassing prerequs. there's one for the ardent that requires fervent talent and lets you use the power grated by ardent mantle 1/day, one for the psion that lets you use both disciple focus powers 1/day, one for the monk that lets you get an at-will power, and two for the battlemind. one requires you already have demanding talent, and lets you use blurred step 1/encounter, and one requires paragon multiclassing and lets you use the psionic study feat 1/day.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:08 pm
OMFG, Heroes of Shadow! xd xd  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:39 pm
This book is now in my possession.

Next planned purchase: Heroes of the Fallen Lands.

I had looked at the Tiefling Racial book while I was on vacation. I MIGHT have considered it, if they didn't charge... what, $10 for 15 pages? I'll likely pass on all the racial books and hope for a racial compendium at one point in the far future.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas