Submit

Lady Vendetta Iceflame

Sweet Shapeshifter

15,425 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:51 pm
-nodnod- I like keeping busy, it helps me not go crazy from idleness..
Eponine I Thenardier
That's good then...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:06 pm
Vampyre_Angel_Kiss
-nodnod- I like keeping busy, it helps me not go crazy from idleness..
Eponine I Thenardier
That's good then...
that's good! since everyone already shared their story... I might as well share mine, should I?  

Tiffany Brick

Liberal Smoker

Lady Vendetta Iceflame

Sweet Shapeshifter

15,425 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:22 pm
That might be an idea, dearie.
Eponine I Thenardier
that's good! since everyone already shared their story... I might as well share mine, should I?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:27 pm
Vampyre_Angel_Kiss
That might be an idea, dearie.
Eponine I Thenardier
alright
its really not that tough so i guess I'm good as of now...

It was around 6 years old when my cousin came to my play room and locked us both and told me that he has a juice drink for me, (that time I loved mango juice) then he showed me his privates... I cant remember the rest that happened but he told me if I wanted to play, and I nodded not knowing what kind of game... Then later on he pinned me down to bed and started molesting me, I fell asleep and then I woke up he was gone... i didnt remember anything that happened other than that  

Tiffany Brick

Liberal Smoker

Lady Vendetta Iceflame

Sweet Shapeshifter

15,425 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:32 pm
You're very fortunate.. but 6 is a hard age..
Eponine I Thenardier
alright
its really not that tough so i guess I'm good as of now...

It was around 6 years old when my cousin came to my play room and locked us both and told me that he has a juice drink for me, (that time I loved mango juice) then he showed me his privates... I cant remember the rest that happened but he told me if I wanted to play, and I nodded not knowing what kind of game... Then later on he pinned me down to bed and started molesting me, I fell asleep and then I woke up he was gone... i didnt remember anything that happened other than that

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:00 pm
-grumbles- You would think that after the fifth time a girl tells a man "NO" and pushes him away when he tries to do...something... he would get the message. Or when she says stuff like "You're scaring me", "You're creeping me out", and the like, he would understand to back off.  

Exarielle BlackLaw

Peaceful Warlord

DyraBlack

Misleading Mystic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:46 pm
First of all I would like to say how much I appreciate an open discussion in regards to sexual violence and it's lasting effects on all of us either as a victim or someone who loves a person who has been assaulted. This is a topic of conversion that I feel needs to have it's taboo removed from society. If we can talk about it openly we can start to prevent it and also let people who are suffering in silence know that they are not alone and that they are not weird or bad.

My personal story with sexual assault is a long one but I will talk about the one that made me very angry with other women.

I entered a relationship when I was 18 that was not healthy in the least. My boyfriend at the time had cheated on me online (yes I know some people do not count this as cheating but I do and had explained this to him) with a couple of girls.

This should have been the red flag that sent me packing but I had just moved to a new city and felt that I needed him and the relationship. He was very good an manipulating me and I was ripe for the picking. At one point he was staying over at my apartment almost every night.

Let me preface this part with the fact that I am a very heavy sleeper. You can actually get me up and make me walk in my sleep and I will not remember any of it even now. Anyways, I woke up one night to having my legs rearranged as he positioned himself to start having intercourse with me. I freaked out at him. He cried, cajoled and slowly calmed me down. He admitted that he'd been doing this for a while and that he felt he needed to as I didn't "put out" enough to keep him satisfied. So basically it was my fault for not keeping my end of the bargain.

It made sense to me at the time. I wasn't being a good enough girlfriend so I deserved to be used in such a way. Eventually over time this wore away my feelings of self-worth. I felt dirty, trapped and worthless. I ended up gaining a lot of weight and was basically unhappy.

After some time I moved away, back to my family and had a messy break-up with the guy. I was so conflicted and felt like a failure. During the break-up I received an email from his mother explaining to me that there's no way I didn't know that sex was happening at night because she too had a v****a and knows these things. She called me a liar and a whore for calling her son a rapist (even though he admitted that he had raped me technically). She blamed me for trying to paint her son in a bad light.

This made me so angry with her, with other women who make excuses for rapists, including myelf. What's worst is that I never told any of his friends what he did to me so I wasn't even trying to "ruin" him like his mother accused me of.

Truth was I was embarrassed and felt stupid because when I did tell the people I loved they asked me "why didn't you leave?" I could only say "I don't know.". It was an insufficient answer but it was the truth.

Now that have shared my story with more women I have heard similar stories, other women who woke up mid-assault who maybe then wondered "why didn't I wake up if this was happening?" and felt betrayed by their bodies as if it had made them a liar.

My hope is that with open dialogue about sexual violence we can help reach all those stuck in a situation like I was and let them know that it's not their fault and that they are not crazy.

Thank you to everyone who has shared their stories on here. I'm sorry that the events took place but I am proud of you for talking about them, you don't know who might be reading and how you could be saving them. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:32 pm
I don't know if this is similar or not, but here...
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=23645937&mygntcid=1018743#352739543  

Kitsune Ametheyst Destiny

Desirable Sex Symbol

9,675 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200

flauterfli

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 3:10 pm
Kitsune Ametheyst Destiny

That is definitely similar. :c

Whether or not he realizes it, your boyfriend is violating your personal boundaries, and your trust.

It does not matter that you are in a relationship with him.

If he is turning this issue around to make it seem like you're the bad guy, he might do the same thing with a bigger issue, like sex.

A relationship should be built on love, trust, and respect.

Some of the replies on that thread irk me, honestly.

Yes, accepting to go out with him in the first place was not the best idea, but honestly you are what I'm focusing on right now, not that creep.

You deserve better.

It sounds like he got himself into this, knowing that you don't really feel anything for him, not the other way around.

I'm going out on a limb here, but I smell a possessive user.

He's using your insecurities, sympathetic heart, and lack of relationship experience as a foothold.

He will keep pushing you for intimacy, even though he knows you don't feel comfortable, until he's got you so wrapped up mentally that unfounded guilt could cause you to cave in.

I am speaking from experience, both having been in a relationship like this and having witnessed too many young women feeling pressured by "nice" guys playing the "feel sorry for me" card.

Maybe I'm a bit jaded, but please break it off with him, more for your sake than his!

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff