Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Man, I love it

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:07 am
When I take time out of my crazy schedule to do someone a favor and they don't even say thanks. o_O

Suites, I have been working 8, 10, 12+ hours every day, including weekends, for over a month now. I am BURNT OUT.
I cannot wait for this horrible summer to end.

I mean, it's my fault. I agreed to the extra work since things were slow at the beginning of the year. But I guess I didn't realize how big the project was that I agreed to.

KILL ME NOW.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:16 am
I would offer to stop time so you can get some sleep but alas i dont have that ability xP  

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

Yaoinaut

7,700 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:47 am
Is there no way you can speak to whoever gave you the work to explain you need further help. Or is it only a select few working on it?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:00 am
BUT IF I KILL YOU, I WON'T HAVE SOMEONE TO TALK TO ALMOST EVERYDAY. WHERE WOULD I BE THEN? SAD. SAD AND LONELY WITHOUT A FRIEND.

But how far away are you from being finished? x.x  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

kim ocean
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:38 pm
I hope you're being paid overtime!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:51 pm
Actually, it's going through an internal review as I type this, and then assuming all is well, I can relax tonight for once. XD And hopefully the client won't send back 8 billion changes that they want done the next day.
The sad part is that I actually really enjoy the project. It's for a university. It was just the deadlines that sucked, and the fact that it had a new person as project manager while a bunch of other people were on vacation, causing some serious communication issues.

Unfortunately, I have a flat hourly rate. However, that's more than their employees have, since they aren't paid hourly but still have to get the work done. o_o

My head hurts.  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

SykotikKytten

Precious Treasure

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:07 pm

/kidnap

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:38 am
SykotikKytten

/kidnap

I'm sure if any of us kidnapped Szen he'd be even more tired.
;D

Saucey

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:44 pm
Well since I complained to them, they started telling me how much they love me and have pictures of me plastered on their bedroom walls and want to name their kids after me if, in fact, they can't have mine.
They also gave me a break... to work on something else urgent. XDD

WHY WOULD I BE MORE TIRED? WOULD YOU MAKE ME RUN AROUND THE BLOCK WITH SACKS OF POTATOES TIED TO MY BACK?

You might be amazed how revitalizing a little tension relief is. XD  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:07 am
Uh, Szen.

I have a Cloning Machine.
I can clone you perfectly.
And have the Clone work for you.

xD

MisterMaurice

Conversationalist

Salathielly

Dapper Mage

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:51 pm
Ugh, that sucks. I've been tired at work lately because although I am just "required" to work 7.5 hour days, I just get a flat rate (poverty level) for however much I work, and it's really hard for me to get motivated. Which in turn makes me feel guilty. I'm very lucky I don't have to work as much as you do!  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games