OwnKindOfParadise_92

Dangerous Conversationalist

6,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:06 pm
βeʃ ʃ ɑ Ϛɑӌs...

Alright, look, personally I believe that everyone is held fully responsible for any and EVERY thing they do.
To me,--this is coming from an extremely non-religious person, however, with high morals, mind you--sex is a deeply intimate, personal act in which can change your whole life; for better or worse.
That being said, sex becomes more satisfying when you're in love and you know what you want from life--all the things you've learned and accomplished, rather than an act made on a whim.
Honestly, I don't think anyone under 20 has a damn clue of what they want in life, nevertheless a 14 or 15 year old: It's not love, it's (w)hormones. (Lol--just jesting but really. (; ) Personally, I'm around the age (15-16) and it's not even remotely a possibility, not with all I have going right now and the things I have planned to do with my life--plus sex is grody and spreads toxins, just sayin'. (Do you really want some guy's saliva *ahem*?)
And, on hormones, I don't think anyone is qualified to make that decision on such highs. (It happens nevertheless, you know the causes.)
On a strictly ethical and both political stand point, mistakes like this cost tax payers and you, as well as your family, a TON of money--welfare, abortion, hospital bills, anonymous testing--and it all adds up. While you all say "you should know the consequences" so many do and they still choose not to listen. A child is no small thing to toy with at an age such as 15 or 16. Despite all the precautions humanity has designed and tinkered people STILL don't listen and it pays--not just in money--and it can devastate even the most tightknit of families, relationships, and more importantly: Your life.
So, at the stretch of the mile, I totally endorse waiting until you're married--regardless of belief. And perhaps you never got married or have reached a consensus not to get married but withhold relationships, but you realize what you want out of life--at a decent enough age--I think sex is cool.
And, ya know, if you just wanna get out and "shake your nillies", regardless, then that's your propagative--know the consequences.
Sex should be a cherish memory and a bonding with someone you love, and if you're truly in love with one another, you BOTH can stand to wait.

𝓓𝓡𝓔𝓐 𝓜

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:51 am
OwnKindOfParadise_92

I like how you think.

I wish I'd had the choice to wait but *shrug* life decided otherwise.

EDIT: It's this thread's third birthday! yum_cupcake  

Isis Sister Of Osiris

Lonely Girl

15,250 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Cash Grabber 500

OwnKindOfParadise_92

Dangerous Conversationalist

6,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:53 am
Thanks & s**t does happen.
And yay! biggrin
La Belle Gigi
OwnKindOfParadise_92

I like how you think.

I wish I'd had the choice to wait but *shrug* life decided otherwise.

EDIT: It's this thread's third birthday! yum_cupcake

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:16 am
I think that the media and other sociatle (sorry i am unable to spell that) pressures have made young people feel like they need to be having sex before they are mature enough as individuals, and this is a major problem. In all reality people should be bangin' whenever their down there bits are giving them the heads up that that's what they wanna do, AND those signals agree with what their brain and metephorical heart wants, not what some moron that miss-wrote an episode of shake it up chicago or something wants.  

Walter has ganado

3,850 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200

InterstateDaisy

Dapper Noob

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 1:15 pm
o0Roxy0o
So I've been chatting to most of my friends about sex and it's a big topic at school right now. I guess we are finally getting to the age where it's pretty much all around us. So I was wondering what each one of you girls feel about the topic? Also, when do you feel is the right age to start and why? Have you had your first time? How old were you? Do you regret it? Just basically discuss it openly. [:

Age varies by person. I think for sure that the person should be of at least a highschool age (15 and up) because we've passed the first couple of super hormonal, crazy years of puberty but mental/ emotional maturity plays a huge role. First off, I think that a person either needs to be old enough and ready to either practice safe sexual habits (Pregnancy and STD prevention) and mature enough that they are willing to go get/buy those products for safety of have a conversation with your parents about sex. If you are not mature enough as a girl to say "Mom, can I get on birth control?" or as a girl or guy say "Hey mom/dad, I want to get condoms so I can have safe sex", then you are not ready to be having sex. Or If you have risky sex because the idea of going to buy condoms is just too embarassing, you need to not be having sex. Either that or you need to be ready to parent a child or be ready to seek medical help if you contract an STD. But if you are 16 and you either can step up and get on birth control or get condoms because you want to be safe and you are not ready for a pregnancy, that's fine. EVEN IF that protection fails and you become pregnant and you are not ready to parent that child and opt out (Abortion or Adoption) i still think it's ok because you did take those steps to protect yourself when you weren't ready. Likewise if you accept your pregnancy after not using protection and take the steps to be a responsible parent, then I think that you're ok. I don't necessarily agree with getting pregnant as a teen but if you can responsibly parent then you go right ahead.

I have these feeling s because i started having sex before I was ready and I did it in all the wrong ways. I lost mine one of the first times I began experimenting with harder drugs and I let a guy (Who was four years older than me) convince me to get with him.... At 13. And i personally hate myself for it. i wish I could go back and change that for sure. I feel gross. Because i barely knew him and it for me means so much more than just casual sex. But from then til I was 16, I had sex for gain and emotionally it hurt me. And I had risk sex SO MANY TIMES because I was not ready to step up and take charge of my sexual health. Thank God that somehow, I managed to never contract a disease. I did end up with a pregnancy that tragically ended in miscarriage (♥ RIP ♥) and i still could barely handle what I should do. I'm with a guy now that i love and i am devoted to and I want to be with for a long while and Ideally, I do wish I would have waited til now and lost it to him. But even if I lost it before him, I wish I would have lost it to someone who emotionally meant something more to me.

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2014 6:48 pm
                a lot of it depends on maturity, but i feel a good guideline is like, 17+? and i feel like you should be sure you want to do it, so on and so forth. also, understanding the risks; protection as well.
                x

loonaboots

Shady Zapper

Trance Harper

Sparkly Fairy

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 4:55 am
        So I think plain and simple because the very basic result of sex
        ( biologically speaking ) is babies - baby humans - that you
        shouldn't have sex until you're ready for that .
        However I am pro-choice for many reasons I will not waste time
        defending .
        Ergo , I think that unless you and your partner ( but especially you
        as the female in the situation ) are prepared to make the decision
        A I am ready to raise the child that might possibly result from this
        action , or B I am ready to have an abortion if that is necessary .
        Otherwise , what are you doing ? Obviously sex can be really fun
        and awesome , but let's at least be responsible for our actions .

Okay , so that slightly rant-y paragraph does not really address
        same sex relationships . In that case , pregnancy isn't really an
        issue , but in any sexual situation there is the risk of STI/D . .
        and that's a different kind of call . Maybe even tougher in some cases
        than the pregnancy question , but I don't really know how to address
        that . . when are you ever ready to say " I might contract something
        that could kill me " ? Iiya . .

I do think that the legal age of consent in almost all countries has
        frankly no baring whatsoever on mental / emotional readiness . .

20. ✿ - - - Debating

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff