Submit

xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx

Angelic Vampire

17,900 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500
  • Super Jumper 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:49 pm
For the last few weeks the lab rat I saved was sick but for the last few days she was *I thought* was getting better. Playing, eating, running on the wheel, and grooming the others. But I went out to the store and came back and found her breathing heard. Right before my eyes I seen her take her last breath. Its hard since she was the first rat that I own die in from of my eyes. My boyfriend and I are going to have a little ceremony for her tonight before we bury her.

But Im worried about my two that was in the cage with her. Will they be stress? and how long should I wait before *IF* I get another rat?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:08 pm
awe Im sorry to hear that sad I have heard that you should let them see the body so they can see and acknowledge that their friend is gone (however,if you do that,watch close because its is in their nature to eat their dead,it helps to keep predators from smelling it) I would wait and see how they do before getting another one,unless you think they will accept another one,dont you have another one that your BF gave you?  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100

xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx

Angelic Vampire

17,900 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500
  • Super Jumper 500
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:15 pm
Nox and Echo was next to her when she died. So they know she is gone. I have Shion but she likes to escape the cage *done it 7 times already* So she is in her own make shift cage I made from a plastic tote. But I think she is big enough to go in the big cage now. I heard from a close friend and breeder that sometimes when you have an odd number of rats in a cage they fight more. And I seen the three wrestle when I do have the together. >.> Shion and Echo would gang up on Nox. Or the other way around. They are really friendly towards each other they just play a little too rough. So we might wait two weeks then go to the pet store to get another one that is about 3 months old.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:24 pm
I have buried her and cleaned the cage really good. After her burial I went to my neighbors and played with his Pit bull for awhile. The dog made me feel better being all cute and sweet. She is in a better place now.  

xXGabriella-ShadowfireXx

Angelic Vampire

17,900 Points
  • Team Peyo 25
  • That One Hero 500
  • Super Jumper 500
Rainbow Bridge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items