Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
I've snapped, Suites.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I'll tolerate misery as long as I can inflict it right back.
  Yes, misery loves company.
  Lychee, that's cruel...
  You should do worse to them.
View Results

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:29 am
My neighbors are playing the same crappy techno song over and over. For hours. I don't know if it's DJ Hero and they suck or if they just have bad taste in music. At midnight they had Ventrillo going on a massive loudspeaker - I am so ******** serious.

Banging on the wall didn't make them stop, nor did calling the police last night. Now I've put my own speakers up against the wall and am blaring Bollywood love ballads and Japanese enka. If they can even hear it over their s**t, I figure these are the two genres of music that will piss off these people most.

What can I do? =_=  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:21 pm
I sympathize. This is one of the reasons we are trying to get out of this row house and into a house where there is at least SOME kind of space between us and the neighbors. DX
People have absolutely no consideration for others. I've been tempted to blast music back myself, except the neighbors on the other side are quiet and for some reason I, at least, am considerate. sad  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:47 pm
Either they left for work or Maarjani Maarjani got the message across, but the music stopped after I started playing that one. o.o I love this song even more now. How fitting is it that the lyrics are about telling people who pick on you to buzz off? XD

Maybe you could let the other side neigbors know your plan and wait for them to leave for the day, the harass the hell out of your bad neighbors?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:03 pm
Bollywood love ballads and Japanese enka...brilliant! I've always wished that I could blast classical music at people with bad taste in obnoxiously loud music, but classical music really doesn't blast very well as it tends toward extremism in volume...  

Salathielly

Dapper Mage

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:21 pm
Salathielly
Bollywood love ballads and Japanese enka...brilliant! I've always wished that I could blast classical music at people with bad taste in obnoxiously loud music, but classical music really doesn't blast very well as it tends toward extremism in volume...

We'll kill them with culture. ;3  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:03 pm
I've had a lot in the uni dorms. You'd hear crap blasting from the bottom floor even though we where on 5th.  

scrub
Crew

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:22 pm
BACKSTREET BOYS.

I've mostly had to deal with hearing skating, various types of balls hitting everything, and yelling in my dorm. I would probably deal better with music.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:12 am
You turn it into a diplomatic issue where you knock on their door and ask nicely for them to please get some earphones or realise that there's more to the other side of their wall but blank space.  

Dilemical Epiphany

iceryu66

Aged Hunter

6,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:13 am
Snipers, they solve problems, and never let you finish a sente  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:50 am
Do what me and my friend did when we had the apartment on a dominated by college kids. Learn how breaker switches and fuse boxes work and then sneak into the basement of the place, kindly hand the on-sight janitor five dollars so he'll see nothing and flip off the power to their room for the night then get yourself a nice and quiet evenings rest.  

Kosai Avonej

Elder

Helpful Cait Sith

Tricky Informer

7,300 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:04 pm
Kosai Avonej
Do what me and my friend did when we had the apartment on a dominated by college kids. Learn how breaker switches and fuse boxes work and then sneak into the basement of the place, kindly hand the on-sight janitor five dollars so he'll see nothing and flip off the power to their room for the night then get yourself a nice and quiet evenings rest.

You are my hero. o.o

In completely unrelated news, we just found out that for the past few months our landlord hasn't been collecting the rent we dropped off. He didn't even question it, he just must have figured we were pissed and weren't paying. We could have been living here for free all summer. O_o  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:24 am
Helpful Cait Sith
Kosai Avonej

You are my hero. o.o

In completely unrelated news, we just found out that for the past few months our landlord hasn't been collecting the rent we dropped off. He didn't even question it, he just must have figured we were pissed and weren't paying. We could have been living here for free all summer. O_o

Crap that's sad kind of...well the same thing happened to me, the landlord in our area is pretty bitchy.  

LadyAnnebelle

LadyAnnebelle

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:36 am
scrub
I've had a lot in the uni dorms. You'd hear crap blasting from the bottom floor even though we where on 5th.

Same here... such bad music coming from many floors below....I mean what the hell is wrong with people these days? (particularly the people who live in the same area as me) It's like they want attention or other than that they're insane..  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:30 pm
I told my residents this year that I have zero tolerance for blasting music loud enough to hear through the rest of the hall. Only have it loud enough that you can hear it, or where earphones.  

Fuji_hobo_jacket

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff