Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
College.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WSU
  GO COUGS!
View Results

iTootsie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:16 pm
It's taken a while for me to re-settle.
Mormon Camp was great. Now it's all over with.

I'M AT WSU NOW!

Just fiished freshman "Alive! Orientation" and it was fantastic!

There is bad news.
(I'll have happy WSU rants for another time.))

GET THIS.

I told my parents I was planning on coming back to Lynnwood to pick up the other HALF of my things. (Clothes in the wash, jewelry, shoes, books, etc.) I got here and unloaded what I brought.

Also, my friend's throwing a surprise goodbye party for my tomorrow. I've never had anyone do something like this for me. And I not only did another friend ruin the surprise, but I won't even be there.

Anyways, my mom says she hates the 10-hour drive (like I didn't?) and refuses to come back for me.
My dad can only come on Sunday.
Classes start Monday.
I'd miss my party, and have a few hours.

Look. I'm just feelin' really shitty being stranded here.

Don't get me wrong, I love it here.

But I want to go home for these last three days of freedom...
I have a McDonald's shift, even! And two paychecks to get!

I'm stuck here. In paradise.

But since I thought I'd be back, I held off all goodbyes.
Now, no one got any temporary closure.
It sucks for everyone.

Yep.

I'm also out of:
Food.
Socks.
Pencils.
Glitter.
Dorm decorations.
Face wash.
Soap.

Would it be WAY to dangerous and stupid to put up my new address for any Freshman donations? Haha!

Then again. I could really go for some pen pals now.

Frowny face.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:51 pm
I'm glad you had a good time. My orientation was eh. We had a bunch of stupid games, and I talked to practically no one. xD The actual school year was 40x better.

it sucks that you'll miss your party, but most of the other stuff seems like it can be taken care of. Plus, you get three days to try to woo your roommate and make friends.
And a 10 hour drive total? Or 10 hours there and 10 hours back?
Either one, if I was your mother, I'm not sure if I would do that either. She already made the trip once. Then another trip would be 20-40 hours of her week spending driving. So, the equivalent of a week at a part-time or full-time job just sitting there bored out of your mind, driving. Then, if she had to drive you back again, that's another 10 or 20 hours.

Trust me, the drive is much easier and entertaining when you aren't the driver. Passengers can play games and fall asleep. When you are the driver, you are forced to sit there, watch the cars in front of you, and the only real source of entertainment you can get is music or an audio book. The 6 hour drive from my dad's to my mom's has always been boring, but it's a lot more mind-numbing now that I have to drive 6 hours from my college to home.
I only drove like 4 hours today and uuggh.  

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas