Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
I'm kind of trying not to be upset right now.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Den Dristige Djevelen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:40 pm
~*~

Sooo, someone really close to me forgot my birthday.

I was talking to them a little while ago and mentioned being excited about tomorrow (19th) and they asked, "What's tomorrow?"
I've known this person for four years.
Needless to say I asked if they were serious.
And they gave me some handful of excuses about not looking at a calendar lately, despite dates being displayed like, everywhere, and despite knowing my birth date since very soon after we met.
No apology.

I can't help but think I wouldn't be this riled up about it if I weren't already having kind of a shitty day/week/month, so let me know if I'm being an irrational ********. But still. Four years.

Oh, by the way, my birthday is tomorrow.

~*~

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:50 pm
I always say i'm not good with birthday or really age. Thus I atleast attempt to remember the area of someone bday.. expecally if I've known then for as long as you said. X.x;

Now I don't care if they don't remember my bday as it isn't relaly anything important to me and alot of time I'd rather it be just another day so I don't have any sorta of expectations and get upset.

Of course if I ran into a situation like them and I had my reason for not remembering I'd let them know them and I'd still say sorry and remember to wish them happy bday and maybe make thing some cheesey a** card or something due to lack of planning. Of course I'd have to actually be decently close to said person to get them a gift anywho.

Hope you have a nice Bday tomorrow. *hugs* =D  

wo_nyrmo

PainfullyVivid
Captain

Familiar Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:57 pm
I think it depends on the type of person he/she is.

Honestly, I'll know the exact date of someone's birthday. I'll remember the week before that they're birthday is coming up, but sometimes, it doesn't register that it's their birthday on that day. I'll see the date and won't make the connection. I did it to a friend a year ago, who I've known since middle school. The moment she said something (not that she cared), it clicked. Of course, I apologized.

They might just be that type of person who doesn't think about it. Personally, I don't think it's a big deal. I would just laugh at them about it and call them a loser and tease them about being a bad friend.

However, if they were someone who always remembers everyone birthdays, I might be a little insulted unless it was obviously an honest slip.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:08 pm
PainfullyVivid
Honestly, I'll know the exact date of someone's birthday. I'll remember the week before that they're birthday is coming up, but sometimes, it doesn't register that it's their birthday on that day. I'll see the date and won't make the connection.
That is exactly what I do. o_o;;;

But most of the time, I never remember anyone's unless someone else says something about it. sweatdrop

Hope your birthday is happier! :3 <3  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

MisterMaurice

Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:08 pm
[Mr. Mau heart H2H]

Good Friends who forget your Birthday, are temporarily ignored, until one cools down.

Oh, and Dris... I will give you more than a Hug.
I will give you the most ******** up thing ever. A Gift of my Choosing, that is made with 100% smexy love. :3
Credit for above line goes to Renard.

[Anni: Dec 12, 2009]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:37 pm
Happy birthday, sweetie! <333333

I know how it feels to have your birthday forgotten. sweatdrop I have a handful of close friends AND family who forget each year.

*huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugs*  

Violette PureHeart

Liberal Smoker

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:03 am
My friend CK has known me for around 9 years now and he still doesn't know what date my birthday is in September. It annoys me a little, but meh, I'm not really bothered.
I can understand why you'd be pissed off though. In any case, happy birthday, have an awesome time smile

-writes your birthday down so he remembers in advance next year-

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:07 am
I know my Sisters Birthday...
My friends I know the general time of year, with some of them the month, these guys I've known since middle school so coming on 12 years >_>
Sometimes, when I actually check Facebook I see the reminders on there.

Same vice versa. They usually find out when I'm like, "It's my Birthday, curry and beers anyone?"  

scrub
Crew

Dilemical Epiphany

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:08 am
People get caught up in what they're doing.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:10 am
I haven't remembered my birthday for 23 years, someone else always reminds me.  

iceryu66

Aged Hunter

6,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items