Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Achievements...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Wizard

Invisible Explorer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:55 pm
Who here has finished all the Achievements currently out?

Who here doesn't care about the Achievements?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:59 pm
i used to....  

Boorish General

Shirtless Exhibitionist

iceryu66

Aged Hunter

6,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:03 pm
I had all the bata ones, but the new ones relay on others to much and guild threads don't count  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:12 pm
I remember the beta ones... I saw that and thought, mer, maybe I'll do those later...

then completely forgot about them... rofl  

The_Wizard

Invisible Explorer

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:10 am
I couldn't really care less about them, I see them as just another futile attempt to keep people interested in Gaia, or to demonstrate the full range of the site to new members.
Do they actually serve any purpose besides that? I mean, you don't earn rewards or anything, do you?

~Nya-ha!~
blaugh

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:33 am
XD
Why would you want to?
It's pointless. Like false motivation lmfao  

Dilemical Epiphany

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:51 am
I obsess over them. They're cute and fun. *.* Like the badges on zOMG, but easier to display to others. Srsly, how do you make badges show up in your profile? crying  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:48 am
I have them all. ( ;

SweetScentOfSweat

6,450 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Citizen 200

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:50 pm
The points are supposed to be used for something eventually, though I have no idea what they have in mind or when they are going to release it.

I have quite a few but I didn't do any that require serious effort like 50 responses, as I never make threads outside of guilds really.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:10 pm
It all seems quite pointless to me. I'd rather go around collecting badges in zOMG than doing all those achievements.

@Lychee: Theres Badge content you can add to the newer profile template, but I dunno about the older style gonk  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

The_Wizard

Invisible Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:12 pm
scrub
The points are supposed to be used for something eventually, though I have no idea what they have in mind or when they are going to release it.

I have quite a few but I didn't do any that require serious effort like 50 responses, as I never make threads outside of guilds really.

I rarely make any threads outside of guilds...
Or indeed ever go out into the main forums anymore either...

But the Achievements gave me an excuse to do so... Finished the last of them currently out on Wednesday, so I thought I would try and help out the ones still trying for them...

Posting in Chatterbox, I found that getting the Achievements was surprising easy:
User Image

Those people just make themselves an easy target for the "snipers" when they make a new topic with "." or "_" or "..." or saying "don't post" in the title, etc.

That's just announcing to the whole Chatterbox that they are going for Invisibility, which is exactly what the "snipers" are looking for.

-------

And then I'm reminded of why I don't go out from the guilds anymore.

"Recycle Bin" (RB) is a subforum inside Chatterbox (CB), there is a Rules Sticky at top that clearly says inside that making new topics there is not allowed. I have no problem with people trying to get the "Invisibility" Achievement with a thread in CB where you are allowed to make new topics. But trying to do so in RB is not only cheating but also against the forum rules thus reportable, doing so just says "Ya, I could have taken the time to read the rules, but I didn't," or "I know the rules, but I don't care."

Someone made a new topic hoping to get "Invisibility," I quote the rules in their thread and then they get mad at me and threaten to have me banned...

[Link to a screenshot]

Thus I'm reminded why I don't like the main forums anymore.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:10 pm
So there's no reward for it as of yet?

What about the Frontier Sky thing? Has anyone won that one, and do you get anything for it?  

kim ocean
Crew

Blue Salt

Salty Lover

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:23 pm
I did the Achievements up to the point where it said I had to do the Invisibility Achievement. Stopped after that.

Here's the mini list of the Frontier Sky items. Nothing yet about the stickers though.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-discussion/event-item-list/t.64617549/  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games