Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply § 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)
Cell Phones

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have a cell phone?
  Yes!
  No :(
View Results

[Comic.Explosion]
Vice Captain

Gracious Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:56 pm
Do you have one? What kind?

Love them, hate them?
How do you think they are affecting today's society?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:05 am
I have a cellphone and it is some virgin mobile flip phone (it's red and black). I think that cellphones are very convenient. But even though they are good they can be terrible- like for instance people using them while driving which is very stupid and dangerous. Another thing I hate about cellphones is just the fact for some reason parents feel the need to give their children who are in middle school or younger cellphones. At that age a kid should not need a cellphone I mean who are they really going to be or need to be calling? I got my cellphone about a month before freshman year and I was really surprised I got one, but kids that are younger then a freshman don't need a cellphone.  

Aidensnumberonefan

aboly252
Crew

4,850 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:55 pm

curently i have the sony s500i its good but im getting an iphone 4 soon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:43 pm
I have an Samsung flip-phone that does what I need it to do (call and text only). Personally, I don't understand why people need a full computer built into their phones.  

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200

[Comic.Explosion]
Vice Captain

Gracious Guildswoman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:34 pm
Aidensnumberonefan
I have a cellphone and it is some virgin mobile flip phone (it's red and black). I think that cellphones are very convenient. But even though they are good they can be terrible- like for instance people using them while driving which is very stupid and dangerous. Another thing I hate about cellphones is just the fact for some reason parents feel the need to give their children who are in middle school or younger cellphones. At that age a kid should not need a cellphone I mean who are they really going to be or need to be calling? I got my cellphone about a month before freshman year and I was really surprised I got one, but kids that are younger then a freshman don't need a cellphone.

I agree with you on this, I have seen kids with cellphones at 7! It's crazy, I am curious as to what the parents see is so necessary about it!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:19 am
[Comic.Explosion]
Aidensnumberonefan

I agree with you on this, I have seen kids with cellphones at 7! It's crazy, I am curious as to what the parents see is so necessary about it!

There may or may not be a good reason for some children to have a cellie... Of course, 911 and their parents' phones should be all that they are allowed to call.  

LA Trunks

7,350 Points
  • Pie Enabler 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Wall Street 200
§ 20,000 Poll Guild (Hope you are all doing well! -VC A)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games