Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
This is ******** up. (Brother, knife, school, etc.)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

diffun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:52 pm

So, I thought it was time I inform you all that my brother was almost kicked out of school two weeks ago.

Yeah... It wasn’t all his fault, either.
He’s stupid, I’ll give him that, but he’s not a violent kid at all. He had pot on him (like, enough for a single, tiny, loose joint) because he’s an idiot and thought taking it to school was a good way of making sure my mum didn’t find it.. She works during the day and doesn’t go in his room. See case for: Andreas is stupid. ANYWAY- Some kid (okay, he’s a dealer at the school) tried to mug my brother for it. Literally. With a ******** knife. To my brother’s ******** neck. And his little goons holding Drea down and holding mother ******** bricks.

He got out of there because his friend was there and he’s a fair bit tougher. That and my brother does martial arts and said dealer kid is fat and unfit.

And my brother is the one who got threatened with expulsion and that kid got a two day suspension or something shitty and out of line like that. My mum works for the department of education, ironically, in drug education and student wellbeing, and all the research says that if a student id caught with drugs, the absolute WORST THING YOU CAN DO is to suspend or expel them.

So my brother was pretty much given a two week holiday (though, my mum sent him to my grans house for the first week for some fence painting and other mega boring and manually laborious activities).

But the worst thing would be that this psychotic kid tried to pin everything on my brother saying he deals and all this s**t (no one else, friends with my brother or not, confirmed this) and wasn’t even given maximum suspension for having a weapon and intending to use it and a friend of our was expelled from the same school for having a Swiss army knife in his bag... The school is so ******** up; you’re not even allowed to do bag searches.

Apparently, the rules don’t apply. I knew they thought that, I went there, but nothing that ******** up happened when I was there, I think I got out just in time. My brother is depressed, or so everyone thinks, even though he denies it.

All evidence points to it:
Increased drug use.
Irritability.
Lack of appetite (my brother doesn’t eat anything unless my mum forces him to)
And a whole lot of other s**t.

And the ******** school wants to expel him.
Wanna know what they said to my mum?
“We’re not going to the police because of your job at the department”

Which translates to: “We’re not getting police involved because they’ll find out we’re trying to find reason to expel an at risk student while keeping a violent kid who brings a knife to school”
My brother already wanted to leave the school, but not under this circumstance. He’s going back on Monday/tomorrow and he’s idiotically cocky.

TLDR: My brother is an idiot. He got mugged with a knife and bricks. Got threatened with expulsion, the school is ******** up and letting the kid who mugged him back in, even though evidence points to the fact that he a) deals all number of thing and b) is violent and dangerous s**t has been going down for two weeks. Everything seems to be sort of on track now...

I swear all these kids think they’re tough s**t (they're not) and their lives will be on the next series of Underbelly or turn into Weeds (it won't). Talk about a storm in a ******** up tea cup.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:07 pm
That is ridiculous. confused
I'm sorry to see that our justice system isn't the only one with screwed up priorities.
What's that kid got going for him to get off the hook like that? Dad's the mayor?  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

diffun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:19 pm
the school is ******** up, that's about it.
they don't want any more police involvement (there is often police involvment there), so they're not reporting it, about as simple as that.

though, the idea of our mayor having a kid (and therefore having had sex with someone) is really disturbing. i wouldn't let him near my kid if i had one... he's mega creepy.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:24 pm
What is the world coming to? D:
Schools down there sound seriously scary :/  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

Kosai Avonej

Elder

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:43 pm
And here in 2002 when I dropped out in tenth grade I thought school was ******** up. Seems the educational board disciplinary procedures are still more childish and illogical then the kids themselves.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:33 am
Thats screwed...but hey, thats Australian "justice" for you....  

angelfromdown-under

Romantic Whisperer

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:53 am
Hm, hate to sound like an old fogey, but if he keeps messing with drugs *and* the wrong crowd, he's going to get into harder drugs and more violent confrontations. x.x  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:13 am
I work in child care and if the school board believes that your brother needs help, it is their obligation to provide that help. As well making sure that the other children in the school are protected from any students that might case them harm.

The reason they don't is because it's too much paper work, and really, who wants to have successful students anyway? It looks better just to get rid of them. rolleyes  

Seaira69

4,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100

scrub
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:05 am
They would have called the police if a student had pulled a knife on someone over here.

I'd have called the police myself if I was your brother... they only slap underaged kids on the wrist for having so little pot on them here, would have gotten off with a warning.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:14 pm
Holy crap. D;

Cops should have been called on that.. like srsly.

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

diffun

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:50 pm
It really does go to show how bad the school is. I mean, the department isn’t at fault here, they can’t do anything about it – their hands are tied. The school should have gone in to lockdown, if they had, then something could have been done about the knife and the kid. It’s instance, because knifes are ‘the thing’ police are cracking down on at the moment here and that the school over looks it is atrocious.

There were a few schools last week that went in to lockdown for less, so it’s not the department; it’s the school avoiding their duty to their students and staff.

My mum had a meeting there with the principal and my brother and they’re supposed to have a return to school support network for kids who are suspended for as long as Drea was, and there wasn’t. On one hand, they don’t want to be so unprofessional in front of my mum because of her ‘position’, and on the other, she has a conflict of interest and can’t really do anything about it.

I think my dad has to be the one to make a complaint, but I think he worried he might say or do the wrong thing, because English is his second language. I think he will though, nothing is being done properly and it’s unacceptable. Because it’s not just with my brother, there are other kids who need the same, if not more from the school and they’re not getting what they need.

Anyway, sorry about that vent, guys.

About my brother (and not the school), I think he’s going to start going to counselling sessions (for depression) because it is something that has been avoided for a long time (since he was maybe, 14? He’s 16 this year) and this was just sort of the thing to get him to go at least once.
[/centert]

The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff