Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Questions about books and Goblins

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alzzak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:41 am
First off, what are some good books I should be looking for? I ask cause I found a way to get allot of them for cheap prices.

Second, Anyone read the webcomic Goblins besides me? If so, who is your favorite characters?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:48 am
We've actually had a Goblins thread before, and a few of us read.

Books that I own for PC purposes: Player's Handbooks 1-3, Adventurer's Vaults 1-2, Martial Power 1-2, Divine Power, Arcane Power, Primal Power, Psionic Power.

I'd possibly skip on AV2 though, unless you want it for those implements that benefit classes that were released after AV1.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Alzzak

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:38 am
Thanks, I just have one more question. I don't know why, but I got to wondering what happeneds at above 30? Or is their an above 30?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:47 am
There is no above 30 for PCs, monsters can be above level 30. Each Epic Destiny gives ideas for what happens after level 30, usually discorporation, ascension, becoming a force of nature, or founding some school of doing what you do. Typically your character becomes a background anchor for your next character. "Man, I always looked up to Frank the Black after he saved my family and became a demigod. That's why I've taken the name Jim the Black."

I recommend all of Rain's books as well as Forgotten Realms Players Guide and Eberron Player's Guide(and likely Dark Sun Campaign Guide though I haven't spent much time with that). They contain lots of great material for any campaign unless that campaign is run by Rain Yupa, and the new classes and races are even supported in the Power books that follow them.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:22 pm
Arc Vembris
(and likely Dark Sun Campaign Guide though I haven't spent much time with that)
definitely the dark sun campaign guide. it's got at least as much, if not more crunch than the FRPG and EPG that can be used in any campaign, plus some fluff and ideas that could be put toward playing in a desert in any setting.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games