Welcome to Gaia! ::

-=Axis Powers Hetalia Guild=- PARTY AT RUSSIA'S PLACE!

Back to Guilds

The place to go for all your Hetalia needs. 

Tags: hetalia, manga, anime 

Reply Meeting Room
The fandom...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

currychicken123

3,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:29 am
Is it just me, or is the heta fandom losing its hype? It may just be me but it seems like... its dying down, even if just by a little bit... sad IDK, its just somthing that I was thinking and wondering if anyone else think the same.
The dub has given it some attention but still... I know some hard-core hetafans that are not likeing it /as/ much as they used to... Ya no, it happens but still...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:39 pm
Maybe here on gaia, but LJ is still alive and well. New comics (rare as they are now) are being translated, every item that comes out for it is notified. Not to mention, the cosplay base is HUGE. smile  

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200

Cana Untitled

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:19 am
I agree, I think the hype has died down a little. But I'm still possibly going to be a Hetaliafag forever, since I'm still getting overexcited over merchandise and new comics/episodes. ;D  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:27 am
currychicken123
Is it just me, or is the heta fandom losing its hype? It may just be me but it seems like... its dying down, even if just by a little bit... sad IDK, its just somthing that I was thinking and wondering if anyone else think the same.
The dub has given it some attention but still... I know some hard-core hetafans that are not likeing it /as/ much as they used to... Ya no, it happens but still...

I know what you mean. From what I know, the 'hardcore' fans aren't liking the direction the fandom is going--people getting into Hetalia for the cute, not for the history, which I always roll my eyes at. What they don't get, or forgotten, is that the creator wasn't aiming for a historic comic at all but something light-hearted and cute. I remember reading something about the comic and the creator saying that he was aiming for a specific audience when he made the comic (girls).  

HootiHoo

Wheezing Informer

9,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Flatterer 200

currychicken123

3,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:36 pm
yeahh. I get what you mean. I personally got into it because, well, I thought i was coolm and the fandom is mega fun! But its just dissapointing to see a lot of hardcore fans not liking it as much...
although my faith was slightly restored today since a friend of mine went to teh renaissance fair and saw some hetcosplayers~ I thought it was pretty win!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:31 am
I'd have to agree as well. The Hetalia fandom has lost some of its hype. But, it's still quite big at cons for panels and cosplay.
And, the dub is officially out tomorrow so, some activity may spike back up again.  

Kin-Chan03109

HootiHoo

Wheezing Informer

9,250 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:09 am
I think it lost some of its hype partly because of cosplaying. People were being turned off because some of the cosplayers at cons were being douchebags. I even heard that flags were banned at some cons because of them. And there was a big wank about a pair of Russia and America cosplayers who did a offensive photo shoot at a WWI memorial.

Sorry, but I'm not a big fan of cosplaying, especially in this fandom. You're always walking a thin line between being offensive and disrepectful and not. It has gave Hetalia a bad name.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:21 pm
Yes... I undstand.. I've heard a few stories of hetalia cosplayers not being well recived at cons. A lot of nice hetacosplayers have been made fun of because they liked hetalia... Its just... something that makes the fandom look bad. I mean... I cosplayed belarus and I didnt get any dirty comments, but I still feared I was getting dirty looks for some reason...  

currychicken123

3,450 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Wall Street 200

lanie100

9,900 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:39 pm
Hootie-Hoo
I think it lost some of its hype partly because of cosplaying. People were being turned off because some of the cosplayers at cons were being douchebags. I even heard that flags were banned at some cons because of them. And there was a big wank about a pair of Russia and America cosplayers who did a offensive photo shoot at a WWI memorial.

Sorry, but I'm not a big fan of cosplaying, especially in this fandom. You're always walking a thin line between being offensive and disrepectful and not. It has gave Hetalia a bad name.

Yeah, I heard of that story before, but I think it was actually at the Vietnam War memorial. What really got me pissed was the German cosplayers over at Anime Boston doing the Nazi Salute. I really wanted to snap each of their hands. Yeah, there are a lot of cosplayers that are total psychos which gives me a bad name as well since I cosplay. I didn't get some wank from other people thank god since I wasn't cosplaying a popular character. But no matter what, I'm still going to cosplay!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:08 pm
lanie100
But no matter what, I'm still going to cosplay!

Same here. The group I meet up with has never gotten slack for being disrespectful. Our Russia even refused to go inside the International building when this Tibet festival was going on, because she didn't think they'd appreciate the Communist reminder.  

x_LoveObject_x
Crew

Versatile Sex Symbol

8,400 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Meeting Room

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers