Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Suites

Back to Guilds

The most classy, organised, literate general discussion guild on Gaia, with lots of friendly, welcoming members. 

Tags: discussion, literate, friendly, variety, entertaining 

Reply The Suites
Can't sleep. x.x

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I've had Hyadain stuck in my head for days...
  Why is the Dr Mario song about a puppy?
View Results

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:19 am
I've been trying to go to sleep at one in the morning lately, since I've got a convention coming up. Last night I didn't get to bed until two, couldn't get to sleep until thre, and kept waking up for an hour after that to let cats in and out of the room. And I'm awake at ten! gonk gonk

Suites, how do you get to sleep?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:31 am

Same happens here. I'm sometimes up til 4am. Dx
What I've found to help me sleep earlier is to not stay online past 11pm, which is hard to do since most of my acquaintances on Gaia log in really late. But I when I do manage to do that, I am able to sleep earlier.
Another thing I do is read a book I've read many times before (usually the last two Harry Potter books) unlike a new one so I'm not that interested in the plot so as to stay up til morning reading.
And, this is a bit TMI but if all else fails, I give myself a little loving.

fawn freckles

Anxious Bookworm

SoLongAndFairWell

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:43 pm
It's strange but when I have to get up early I feel more tired than normal even if i slept in til' 3pm  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:34 am
I don't have any sleeping tips, I can't sleep either ._.  

de.Lici.ous
Crew

iceryu66

Aged Hunter

6,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Voter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:41 am
Whisky  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:20 am
iceryu66
Whisky
Seriously. If I have a beer in the evening, I sleep so well.
If I drink too much, though, then I keep waking up. It has to only be one. XD

My problem lately is that I could sleep if I didn't have to be up for things. I'd sleep 10 hours.

Takahiro: Different people have different "productive hours". That's why some people are early birds and some are night owls. We don't really have control over it. We can force ourselves to get up and go to bed at whatever time we want, but if it's not our biological clock's time, you're tired no matter how much sleep you get.

9 to 5 kills me. I can work and sleep the exact same number of hours, but if I do it 9 to 5, I'm exhausted. If I sleep the same number of hours, but later, I'm full of energy. Unfortunately, society is based on a 9 to 5 schedule. razz  

Szen
Vice Captain

6,050 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

MsBritt

Conservative Millionaire

6,700 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:16 am
I really wish I could answer that. :/ But I work 3rd shifts 9pm-7am.10 hour shifts. So I'm on a weird schedule. And on mi days off I try to go to bed early.( weird I know looking forward to oging to bed early at 19 years old?) And I end up staying up til like 3-4am. I just gave up. >.< But maybe music would help you? Or staring at a T.V? Or eating ( stuffing yourself?) that alwyas gets me tired. Lmao.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:10 am
I stay out till odd hours, sleep for a tiny bit, then wake at 6 or 7am and start my day.

I need rest. gonk  

Sohlito

Intoxikace

Sparkly Wench

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:11 pm
I either let myself get really tired and I pass out eventually; or I take Benadryl since it knocks me out. >3  
The Suites

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games