Reply General Discussion
Favorite Genres?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

damaged-reality

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:58 pm
I'm pretty sure that the people of this guild are smart enough to know what a genre is, so here's the question?

What's your favorite genre?

Horror? Sci-fi? Teenage Romance-angst? Historical Fiction? Not-so-historical fiction (if you've ever read a book like that... they're pretty funny), etc.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:07 pm
I'm a Romance/Live Issues person. P:

What about you? You ask us a question and don't give us your answer to it? >:0

edit: i prefer modern romance, but on occasion i'll read a historical romance.  

Lyvidian

Isaiah Moretti

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:34 pm
Realistic fiction, with a tendency towards homosexual erotica. I've started to garner a fondness for modern fantasy (I've got a love/hate relationship with Kelley Armstrong atm sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:39 pm
Modern/Ubran fantasy (if that's what it's called. x]). And sometimes romance? sweatdrop  

half infinite

Pesky Curse

Degen316

Dedicated Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:54 pm
Ooh, it's tough to choose just one so I'll pick my top three which are probably... historical fiction, alternate history, and comic book.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:06 pm
I feel like a stay away from the main genres.
I don't like romance, horror, science fiction, etc.

I do like fiction.
I do like young adult fiction, but only sometimes.
...I don't know!

I'm just going to say fiction.
Because the books I read, I can't place them.  

Pintxo

Bro

Andirigible

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:11 am
Writing: Fantasy, sci-fi, some fanfiction (which I give up on almost instantly)
Reading: Fantasy, sci-fi, romance, certain fanfics, YA fiction

And never under any circumstances do I like Western/country fiction. I don't like ANYTHING western/country-- no country music, no western movies, no old west documentaries. I don't know why, but I abhor it all.

And no horror. I'm a wuss, I know, but I really don't care.

And on fanfiction, it must be as grammatically correct as I am (with a small margin of grace) or I pretty much won't read it.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:04 pm
Modern fantasy, mostly, some horror. Also road trip/car fiction/movies. Dunno if that counts as a genre, but I really like things that involve cars and characters roadtripping.

Oh, and Fanfiction. But only Transformers and Knight Rider. (because I'm strange like that)  

exdraghunt

FoxyNightPrincess

Lonely Prophet

12,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Sunny Side Up 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:03 am
basically fiction and a lot of young adult fiction.
i love fantasy books, survival horror, supernatural.
mostly i read a lot of fantasy books and lately i've been getting more into the supernatural books. i wouldn't call them horror more just to do with supernatural things.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:43 am
Hmm... Dystopian, Historical Fiction, and on occasion Romance when I'm feeling girly razz  

Shadyness

damaged-reality

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 4:25 pm
Lyvidian
I'm a Romance/Live Issues person. P:

What about you? You ask us a question and don't give us your answer to it? >:0

edit: i prefer modern romance, but on occasion i'll read a historical romance.

Lol, thanks for reminding me! XD

I'm really into horror, especially apocalyptic fiction.
Though I do sometimes write mysteries. When I write mystery, though, it's usually quite gory (Along the lines of Saw gory, if anybody has seen those movies).  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:25 pm
Sci-Fi and Fantasy. They're life-long obsessions. Though some mystery and action-style novels come into play as well when it comes to my reading. (Utopia comes to mind. That was a good book) And that stretches the radius of modern fantasy to a good old fashioned sword and sorcery book. Sci-Fi I enjoy a range of as well. Everything from things like Star Trek to more science-based like Michael Crichton's works.

Oh, and the paranormal! I adore stories of the paranormal, be they fiction or non-fiction. Strangely enough, though, I have no interest in horror as a genre. I read a few when I was younger, but they couldn't hold my interest and I returned to sci-fi and fantasy novels.

My writing is pretty much the same. I have a story that's a modern paranormal based in china, my nanowrimo from last year was a sword and sorcery style fantasy. And I do have a finished story packed up that was sort-of...beauty and the beast meets legends of the jersey devil meets Colorado Territory 1800s. LOL  

Xiao Xianyu

4,550 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200

velvetsophisticate

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:20 am
post apocalyptic fiction, futuristic sci-fi/fantasy, good ol' regular fantasy, and fantasy romance.

haha sweatdrop

i'm really into suzanne collins' books at the moment, and i absolutely adore p.c and kristin cast's VAMPYRE series aswell.

General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games