Reply Literature & Writing Subforum [[Submit your writing and Reading list!]]
My story has a lot of characters o_o

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Simply Berry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:18 pm
I was concerned about this... but them I realized that Harry Potter has a lot, too.. so I guess it's okay.. D: So far I have...

Main Characters: 8
'Evil' Antagonist Characters: 1
Secondary Characters: 3
Side Characters: 3

That's not bad, right? >>
I mean, Lunis is still my major protagonist character ._. I'm gonna add more baddies soon, though

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:08 pm
KS has like...12 characters. >>

two protagonists: Robby first then Phil.
two antagonists: Phil first then Tim.
secondary characters are really Larry, Crow(these two are more like the structure), Perish, Solace, Conan(is kinda more main but not really).
and side characters are Ash and Les, Doogan and JoAnn.

I had to limit the amount of time for each character to make it not so "AUUUGH I CANNOT PAY ATTENTION TO THAT MANY PEOPLE AT ONCE Dx!" ish. There should probably be as many characters as needed as long as it doesn't get to that point where it gets too hard to divide your attention between too many at once.

Jedi Master Acey

8,900 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

That Mad Cat

Mewling Lunatic

12,225 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:26 pm
x3 I have more characters than that in my book ... they're kind of split into groups though and when they join up I'm sure some will fall into the background ... I don't think you have too many  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:58 pm
It's a fine amount, but they can't all be main characters. Good, well-fleshed supporting characters are always nice, though rare.  

Selenocht

8,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50

Manu~Koa

Romantic Rogue

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:43 pm
That's not so much. I have countless amounts of characters and they swap sometimes from being bad to good. It all depends on the point of views you have. They maybe good or they maybe bad. *pouts* Though that sounds kinda wishy washy. Nevermind. xD  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 6:34 pm
Manu~Koa
That's not so much. I have countless amounts of characters and they swap sometimes from being bad to good. It all depends on the point of views you have. They maybe good or they maybe bad. *pouts* Though that sounds kinda wishy washy. Nevermind. xD

I get where you're coming from. :] My main protagonist is a bit.. antagonistic in a way.. she's not all good but not all bad. I don't think a realistic character can or should be.

Simply Berry

Literature & Writing Subforum [[Submit your writing and Reading list!]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff