Butterscotch. A drabble by Linda Clary.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kimicka13
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:23 pm
It's kind of a Beka Cooper fanfic with a younger Beka...so yeah...but it's only 100 words...so yeah...Tell me what you think...~Linda~

Butterscotch candy. My favorite. I thought. But should I take some? Mama wouldn’t be very happy with me doing so. I already got the bread and vegetables. What is the harm in a little candy? I’m sure the owner wouldn’t notice if I took one piece. Maybe two. But no, stealing is wrong. But I have no money, mama wouldn’t approve. It is a crime to steal, Beka, it’s a crime. Do you want to end up in the cages? What would mama say then, huh? I decided against it in the end. I took one last glance, then left.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 2:07 pm
I have no idea who Beka Cooper is. xd But I love your drabble. I love how the narrator was conflicted with his/her conscience and in the end, gave in to said conscience. 3nodding  

Angry Kitsune
Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

kimicka13
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:11 pm
You should read it. It's an amazing book. And you don't really have to know the book to understand the drabble. So yeah. Just that she later becomes part of the "Provost Guard" or police force, so yeah. (but this is like set in the past, and in a different world so yeah.) This drabble is set when she is probably 8 years old, so yeah. smile And thanks, I like it too. It's my favorite out of the three drabble's I posted so yeah. smile ~Linda~

Edit: The book is called Beka Cooper: Terrier and the sequel is Bloodhound. So yeah. ~Linda~  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:50 pm
It's a book you guys study at school in English Literature? Or just a book in general that you read? :p  

Angry Kitsune
Captain

Wheezing Shapeshifter

kimicka13
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:31 am
No. It's just a book I read for fun. So yeah. smile I love Tamora Pierce. And Beka Cooper is my favorite book by her, so yeah. smile ~Linda~  
The Creative Corner --- Take a gander at the stuff in here! xD

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games